Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexico Immigration Requirements Chart
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-21-2013 at 11:56 PM
Mexico Immigration Requirements Chart

Starting with Rolly's great chart form his website "My Life in Mexico", I put together an updated chart with the new requirements (I sent the updated chart to Rolly in case he wants to use it as well). I would like to have the chart reviewed and let me know if I got any of it wrong. I'm not sure where I got the 10 years on the permanent residency Visa; I think it was some early info that may not be accurate any longer. It's attached as an Excel file. Please take a look if you have a minute and help me get this accurate as possible. Thanks!

Attachment: Mexico Immigration Requirements chart.xls (32kB)
This file has been downloaded 425 times

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2013 at 06:44 AM

Sounds like a trojan horse to me:saint:
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2013 at 06:09 PM

No, it's not, CortezBlue! I swear! But I'd sure like some feedback from some of the folks who have downloaded it.
Riom
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2013 at 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Kgryfon
Please take a look if you have a minute and help me get this accurate as possible. Thanks!

The temporary residence replaces both the FM3 and FM2 (cell B3). Permanent replaces just Inmigrado (B8).

The phrase "Conversion from No Inmigrante can by made at your local INM office" in cell A3 is obsolete.

I'm not aware of any law or regulation that says the visa has to be applied for in your home country. The regulations state it must be applied for outside Mexico, in a country you have legally entered.

It would be better to convert the amounts at the 2013 minimum wage (64.76 pesos) rather than last years figure, and at a more realistic exchange rate such as 12.7, the current official rate (to avoid underestimating the dollar amounts). This would make the temporary visa monthly balance figure $102,000 rather than $96,000, and alter the other figures.

Cell A8 is wrong, the permanent visa must also be applied for outside Mexico (except in the case where 4 years temporary residence is being converted to permanent).

There should also be a note that none of these financial amounts, nor the requirement to apply outside Mexico, apply to existing FM3, FM2 and Inmigrado holders (although some local offices may have misunderstood).

Plus, in some cases, local offices are allowing qualifying with a mix of income and capital where one alone wouldn't be enough, but this isn't explicitly stated as being possible in the law.

Cell D3 should mention that a work permit requires different qualifications.

Rob

[Edited on 2013-2-23 by Riom]
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2013 at 06:10 PM

Thank you! I'll update as indicated.
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2013 at 01:36 PM
Updated to 2013 & corrected

Attached is the updated chart, for anyone who is interested.

Attachment: Mexico Immigration Requirements chart.xls (33kB)
This file has been downloaded 257 times

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.