BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Felipe Rental for baja 250
Tree

[*] posted on 2-26-2013 at 09:38 PM
San Felipe Rental for baja 250

Hotels seemed to be booked but a group of us are heading down to watch the race. Anyone have a rental or a person to contact for March 8&9. We (4-6 persons) are coming down on dirt bikes and need a place to stay for a couple nights (fri and Sat) closer to town the better. Not too picky and we are a reliable group.

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 07:05 AM

Have you tried this place?

http://www.sanfeliperentals.com/townhouse.htm

I arranged something with them a couple years ago and then ended up not needing it. Very helpful and really nice lady I dealt with!

You can usually find rentals in El Dorado Ranch, but not as close to town as you would like....

Good luck!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
nbacc
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 07:14 AM

Call El Dorado Ranch and see if they have any left,,,,,,,,,,,,,,get a big house and split the cost,
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2013 at 10:49 AM

here's some good suggestions.

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/109882-Place...
Tree

[*] posted on 3-3-2013 at 04:49 PM

Does anyone know if the Chapalla hotel is operating again? last couple times through it was boarded up going through renevations.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 03:52 PM

Bump......if any Nomads have rentals, let me know. I'm looking for something for Saturday night during the SF250. I'm sure everything is booked in town. Maybe I'll just pack up and go home after the race. Hmmmmmm......I should've planned this better. =)

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 04:26 PM

Why not just bring your sleeping bad and a cot or air mattress? Tent is optional, unless rain or privacy needed.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 04:36 PM

David,
That's what I'm doing for the race (camping in the middle of nowhere), but Saturday was looking to hang in town and see the festivities, then crash locally.

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
David,
That's what I'm doing for the race (camping in the middle of nowhere), but Saturday was looking to hang in town and see the festivities, then crash locally.

Try Kiki's its up on the hill behind the light house It's a abore average motel.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 04:45 PM

I thought you guys were going for the race and festivities, why would you want to crash? :bounce:

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 05:03 PM

Quote:
David,

Just 30 min. form all the noise in town (you won't sleep there):

Here's the noisy neighbors to the north:

and the noisy neighbors to the south:

(this was on the Fourth of July weekend, 2010)

Actually we did have a crowded beach... but it was most enjoyable with Ken Cook when he and his little woman showed up...

and Art came along in his 4WD motorhome!

Good fun with Baja Nomads!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Quote:
David,

Try Kiki's its up on the hill behind the light house It's a abore average motel.

Thanks! I will email Kiki's right now.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
I thought you guys were going for the race and festivities, why would you want to crash? :bounce:

Like! Will try it out. =)

The wife is in the mood to see some "new" sites.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 05:13 PM

Thanks David. My goal is to not have to setup camp friday on the race course (30 miles north of San Felipe), tear it down Saturday morning, then set it up again Saturday night somewhere closer to town. Can't Motel 6 just open a 400 room motel there? Ha ha.:lol::lol::lol:

Tree

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 08:49 PM

I think thats what we'll be doing also. I have a guy meeting us there. We'll ride dirt bikes but he is carrying some tents and sleeping bags in his truck just in case. we'll hit town and see if there are any last minute cancelations.:cool:

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2013 at 09:48 PM

hey guys this was posted on thumper talk today.

The guy I rented my place from has a 3 bedroom house and a 2 room guest house that sleeps 4 available. Email him at jchapman2@yahoo.com or call at 805-404-7086. 3 night min. Ask for Tony or leave message.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.