Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A little item JR will like to know about
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 11-5-2004 at 09:32 PM
A little item JR will like to know about

In today's (Friday) New York Post, Cindy Adams wrote of her tour of the soon to be opened Clinton Presidential Library in Littler Rock, Arkansas:

"...Breathtakingly beautiful, the library's two structures overlook the Arkansas River, a working water highway of barges and boats. The ultramodern high-tech repository of archives is a "green" building. Energy efficient; partly powered via 306 solar panels; 10 miles of underground radiant heating, "like Hula Hoops laid straight." The floors are made of bamboo, a "renewable [resource] and durable floor that takes heavy traffic." If you drive an electric vehicle, you can even recharge the thing in their parking lot. OK?"

Perhaps Bill could be persuaded to do an endorsement for a third world bamboo industry development effort? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-5-2004 at 09:52 PM
Thanks Gypsy

Everbody who is "anybody" already has bamboo flooring. Oodles stronger than oak or tile.
The Mexican government is already aware of bamboo, (think China!) and have many projects, support and ideas for the future and using bamboo.
Which is one of the reasons I am computering up here rather than being souther right now. Damn it.
I have some really interesting articles and information about bamboo and the uses if anyone is interested.
Gracias Amiga.
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 11-5-2004 at 11:57 PM
Question for JR. Bamboo TeePee Poles?

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
I have some really interesting articles and information about bamboo and the uses if anyone is interested.
Gracias Amiga.

JR,

I am thinking about buying a Teepee from a teepee company in Creston next week, but my issue of buying it is teepee poles. I have been looking for the right tent, and then thought about a teepee for my Baja trip. Perhaps JR knows of a source of bambo that could be used as poles to support a teepee, so I don't have to transport big long poles with me if I buy the teepee.

I'm thinking about the 10 foot or 12 foot version and they require 10 or 12 poles. Not sure if bamboo poles would be long enough, so ask the professional that knows. Would they be strong enough and long enough for supporting a teepee? Any suggestions is appreciated.

RandyMac :?:

[Edited on 11-6-2004 by RandyMac]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-6-2004 at 08:14 AM
Absolutely Randy

I bet the Indians wish they would have thought of that!
Bamboo would be perfect for that and when you come down, I can definitely set you up. I had friends in Jackson Hole that lived in TeePees and it's really not a bad way to live.
Another factor of that would be the color the bamboo turns from the smoke. People pay mucho dinero for bamboo that has been colored this way!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-6-2004 at 08:26 AM

Now if they will make a bamboo bicycle that can change in to a fishing pole Ill get one.

Bruce R Leech
Mulege Baja

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-6-2004 at 08:33 AM
Bruce

I'll work on that one for ya. Unfortunately, I think that bike goes for about $1600. u.s.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.