Author: Subject: Mexican president faces teachers' revolt
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 11:16 AM
Misunderstanding

Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Lifelong union member here.... I react strongly to union bashers.

I walk the walk. I buy union whenever possible, I don't by cheap Chinese crap when I can buy something my neighbor made(neighbor being my co-citizen) and I use union labor whenever possible.

And, when I was a career firefighter I preferred working with union FF's because they were better trained and safer.

So, when someone ignorantly makes anti-union statements... especially a guy like Bob, well, he better armor up.

Some others, well, I just consider their self-justification.

We all have to sleep with our choices.

1. I am not anti-union. My father was a long time shop steward for the IBEW.

2. My comment about the CA Teachers Union wasn't bashing. Just stating the fact that they have always supported the Democrats.

3. According to the California Fair Political Practices Commission, the CTA is number one on the "Billion Dollar Club", a list of the top spenders in California politics[1] The CTA alone has spent more money in California politics than Chevron, AT&T, Philip Morris and Western States Petroleum Association combined.
http://www.fppc.ca.gov/reports/Report31110.pdf

4. As a Wall Street Journal editorial noted, the union's financial disclosure forms "expose the union as a honey pot for left-wing political causes that have nothing to do with teachers, much less students."

5. The union has also become the biggest donor to the California Democratic Party. From 2003 to 2012, the CTA spent nearly $102 million on political contributions; 0.08 percent of that money went to Republicans.

6. My spelling is fine but the interfae between mykey board and computer has been droping letters and caps after I typ and I a getting a new cputer.

Bob Durrell
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 4-18-2013 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by walters886
Quote:
Originally posted by Yellowtail_Fever
I've worked in public education in California for 21 years...all I can say is that the ONLY way you will get a quality education is to go private and be willing to teach yourself.

Oh, I'm a union member too...

But for Mexico...well, they might be headed in the right direction for the moment. But they can look at us and see what it can turn into. What % of the State of CA budget is spent on "education"?...to turn out college grads that don't know basics of history, geography...let alone math and science.

As others have mentioned...no reason to get hateful about an opinion.

Would love to see schools return to education and away from indoctrination.

YF - The budget info you're looking for is located here:
http://www.ebudget.ca.gov/pdf/budgetsummary/summarycharts.pd...

The simple answer is located on page 11. Summing K-12 and Higher education the percentage is 53.5%. The actual dollar amount is too staggering for me to comprehend. ws

That's the % that CA puts into the education system but how much of that actually relates directly to the classrooms?
Last year salaries for classroom teachers accounted for 38.6 percent of school spending; roughly onequarter(24.4 percent) of school dollars paid for the salaries of other school staff, including counselors, principals, and offi ce
support staff; and 20.4 percent supported employee
benefi ts, including retirement and health benefi ts. The remainder of school spending paid for day-to-day school operations (12.2 percent) and books and supplies (4.3 percent).
www.cde.ca.gov/fg/fr/eb/

Bob Durrell
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-21-2013 at 07:43 PM

Home schooling at its finest:

[Edited on 4-22-2013 by Bajaboy]

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 4-21-2013 at 08:30 PM
Home schooling

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Home schooling at its finest:

Thats exactly the reason we opted to Home School,We were in Missouri. The fatherland of the Tea Baggers :lol::lol:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.