Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Out"witnessing" the Jehovahs
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-9-2004 at 12:17 PM
Out"witnessing" the Jehovahs

Seems to me that there is some sort of takeover going on here in Rosarito. First came the platoons of realtors which as far as helping any of the locals go, they just don't.
Then came the jehovahs witnesses. Now I don't mind religion, it keeps people from murdering and robbing. But, I don't particularly enjoy having it delivered. If it came with Pizza and beer, I would be a little more receptive but it doesn't.
Yesterday, they arrived:lol: And immediately seemed to think we were long lost friends.
After taking inventory, I realized that I knew where all my friends were so none of them were long and lost. These were new guys.
Then, after everything I had to say, and then listening to what page my comments were on in his "little black book", I asked them what exactly they are doing to help the locals.
They are spreading the word to the world. Eternal peace for all who follow and blah blah blah.
"No, but what are you doing for the locals now?" I replied. "Many of them are hungry, with no jobs, and no health care benefits". They need action!
" Did you make the bamboo rack?" Yep, I use it for transporting bamboo, clothing, food, school supplies, baseball gear, insect repellants and damn near everything you can imagine rural folks needing.

That was the end of my harassment by the delivery guys. In fact, I may have converted them!:lol::lol::lol:

We will see if my next issue of the Watchtower comes with Pizza and beer:lol::lol::lol:
Praise the Board:biggrin:
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 01:14 PM

Do not tell them about NOMADS....but feel free to send them to LA FONDA for lunch....:lol:
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 02:17 PM

Was visiting a friend when the Witnesses knocked on the door... Butch said "invite them in". We welcomed them into his home, made it obvious we were locking the door, then Butch calmly but determinedly began putting back together the handgun he'd just been cleaning - all the while looking from them to the gun and the box of bulllets nearby. When he made a move to reach for the box, those Witnesses nearly broke the window to make a hasty retreat. Laughed myself silly, I did. ;):biggrin:

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 02:29 PM

Invite them in, pop open a beer, turn on the TV to a football game, light up a cigar, (loud burp) and tell them that this is how you practice your religion and invite them to join you!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 02:33 PM
I think.....

a simple "no thank you, I have my own religion" suffices.

[Edited on 11-9-2004 by Tucker]

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 02:34 PM

We live up a fairly long dirt (or mud) driveway and no solicitors show up except there were some jw's...I asked if they minded if I drew pentacles on their foreheads when we talked...and mentioned something about witchcraft...they've never been back!
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-9-2004 at 02:58 PM
Thanks Tucker

Always the life of a party!:lol::lol::lol:
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 05:51 PM

I remember feeding beer and shooting some pool w/some young missionaries once. We were working on my buddy's car out in a pretty rural area and these two kids show up and want to talk God. We tell there's beer in the fridge and a pool table inside and to help themselves because we're working. They hit it for about 2 hours and left happy. Take into mind we were only 17 ourselves... I wouldn't do that now.

Union thug.
FrankO
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 05:53 PM

JR:
Quote:

Now I don't mind religion, it keeps people from murdering and robbing.

Are you being tongue in cheek again?;)

Union thug.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 06:42 PM

We had some dyslexic Jehovahs Witness knock on our back door and ask if we wanted to hear about thier dog. :rolleyes::biggrin::saint:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 06:49 PM
I consider all people on this planet

as equals. Unfortunately, that usually only lasts until they say something:lol:

Sometimes, I am surprised.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-9-2004 at 06:50 PM
Gato calmate

You are going to ruin my keyboard and moniter:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
briantroy
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 07:12 PM
JW Welcoming

We were sitting around with a keg one day when we saw some JWs coming up the street. My buddy decided he would answer the door. They knocked and he threw open the door, totally nude and beer in hand. They looked pretty shocked and despite his pleadings, they wouldn't come inside.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 07:12 PM

Where is Bruce when we NEED him....:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 07:54 PM

when i see them comeing i put on my favorite AC/DC cd loud and then grab my favorite cigar( large) and grab a tall boy (bud)and with my dog barking i ask them if theres any thing i can do for them. all i end up seeing is the bottem of there feet as i see them running. dont bother!!!!!! :lol::coolup:
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 08:13 PM

My mother is a Witness and she is a pretty nice lady. I would rather have people come to my door now and then to profess their beliefs than force them down my throat through the political process. At least witnesses are non-political. I have heard their dogma for years and do not buy it, especially the idea of Truth with a capital T. However, they do me no harm and I kind of have to respect their level of faith that carries them to the doors of some pretty, shall I say, interesting folks.:O
That said, please keep your pants on when my mommie knocks on your door. Usually a simple "not interested" and a gentile closing of teh door will suffice.
By the way, my witness cousins are the hardest partiers I know. They got some strange ideas as far as religion goes but they are a Fun group.

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-9-2004 at 09:20 PM

I'm here .

I'm going to try the beer and pizza thing next time

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

BajaGrrls
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2004 at 11:10 AM

In all my years of living in "the bible belt" I have never had a JW come to my door. Maybe it's the "High Life" door mat. While I feel like I've missed out on this rite of passage, maybe it's like jury duty. Once they find you, you can't get rid of them.
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

lol.gif posted on 11-10-2004 at 11:13 AM
Would you like me to send you

the current issues of Watchtower and Awake?:lol: I just happen to have them.
BajaGrrls
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2004 at 11:26 AM

Ok, I don't feel that left out. I did see them standing outside the grocery store though, and I wondered why they looked like well dressed drug dealers.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.