BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Towed to sea by a great fish.
Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2020 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I would tell my story about being dragged around by a halibut, but that was in Alaska, so it would be off topic. :no:

Ditto

Only I was off Vancouver Island.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2020 at 09:35 AM

We had a guy in Asuncion recently dragged off by a yellowtail while skin diving never to return. The mighty fish after being speared swam circles around him and tightened the line making it impossible to swim to the surface. His mistake was using wire line in his speargun. They found the his knife next to him, a knife he had been using to try to cut the line but could not.

Sorry, I know this isn't a thrilling story, but it is about a towing fish.
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 7-18-2020 at 11:25 AM

Hey Igor! long time no see..........You still have that place in Asuncion? if so good for you............Hell of a way to go!! thats one tow I could do without.
My Dad and I fished the ST Joe but hadn't leaned the flies yet,always loved the Cuts they are gluttons,pretty fish, used to be everywhere but like everything else used uo:( like me......its been slow on here so I decided to bring some of the fun ones back for a rehash .
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 11:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by baitcast  

My Dad and I fished the ST Joe but hadn't learned the flies yet .
Rob

I have wanted to fish the St Joe for years and finally did it last year. As far as I could tell the catch-and-release regulations are recent. Too many guys were keeping their fish. The fish on the SJ were smaller than Coeur DeLane even though there are far more people on that river. I figured it was due to the regs. I couldn't believe how long the SJ was. We drove a good 45 miles from the mouth before starting and worked up stream. We could've driven another 45 miles and still been in good water. Beautiful country.
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 12:16 PM

I lived north of there on the Pend Oreille lake and Sand Pointe for three years right on the lake!! 2000' of frontage during that time I was living there the lake held two world records for trout ,37# for the Rainbow and 32# for the Dolly Varden and huge Mackinaw 40#+ and O yes nice Cuts right off our beach, can you imagine being 15 and living on a spot like that......I older I get the more I think of that place and time.
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 01:16 PM

Technically, a dolly varden is an arctic char in fresh water, but that is a fine trout-like trophy!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 02:14 PM

Dolly Varden: Beautiful and Misunderstood, Alaska ...www.adfg.alaska.gov › ...
At that time the world record Dolly Varden (32 pounds) from Lake Pend Oreille, Idaho became a record “bull trout”. Misidentification has not been limited to the ...
And yes they were called Bull trout and Char, checking and found the Alaska version was 27# after checking they never even mentioned that we had them in the States Humm !:)
Rob

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.