BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6
Author: Subject: Where do you fish when your not down south?
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 5-20-2013 at 06:54 PM

be careful with that!:biggrin:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2013 at 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
Ok, this may sound weird, but I fish in my dreams.

In the carpet.

The fish are swimming in the carpet and I can cast right to them and watch them take my lure.

Sometimes I'll be sitting on the couch when a fish will come swimming out from underneath. I'll grab my rod and drop a bait down between the couch and the coffee table and FISH ON.

Reel, reel, reel, reel!

This is not a one time dream. I have carpet fishing dreams often.

This past winter we were in Bahia and the halibut were right on the shore. It was dajavu all over again, just like in my dreams, it was there, I could see it and BAM, it would take my lure.

I need to fish.

P>*)))>{

Excellent dream management, Toots. "Night Movies" can be fun if they have the right cast.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 5-20-2013 at 07:35 PM

woody....i think that you and paulina might want to exchange email addys and really get with it!!!...kidding, of course, just to stent any possible nasty remarks....we are jest havin fun in washington state with some fab muscular smallmouth and a cold one!!...be back down next week for the dorado tourney in mulege..looking forward to mas baja!!!!!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2013 at 07:38 PM

we'll be in your neck of the 'hood in oct. the odd numbered ones are on me.

baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 5-20-2013 at 07:47 PM

Michael I was thinking the Pot Holes but never did Banks either wanted to tho its got all kinds if I remember right,drove by a number of time,lived in Okanogan at the time,thats some great country also.

We fished BC from there,all the way up the Okanogan drainage system.
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
thefishaholic
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-20-2013 at 09:41 PM
Was a Bucket List

Had a bucket list trip planned for this summer, but now it's just a .............fishin trip.

Trying Kayak fishing and heading for a month to Trinidad, Ca. Easy Rockfish, Lings and Salmon close in.

Then 2 months at Sekiu, WA for Salmon, Lings and Rockfish.

Leaving Fri and won't be back till Nov 1.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulina
Ok, this may sound weird, but I fish in my dreams.

In the carpet.

The fish are swimming in the carpet and I can cast right to them and watch them take my lure.
P>*)))>{

Wow. My dream was remarkably similar. I had it when I was about 16 on Socal.

I dreamed that it had rained heavily and there we puddles on the lawn in our back yard. It walked out on the grass and started casting and out of the grass came big fat crappies. It was miraculous how they just appeared out of the grass like that.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 12:56 PM

Lake Tramal- Sweetwater Texas for Catfish and Bass.

All the Creeks of Montana for Rainbosw and Browns as well as the Upper Big Hole near Wisdom Montana.
The Jefferson, Galatin and Missouri River in Montana

Vancover Island North Uculet to Port Alice for Salmon and Halibut

Puget Sound for TrueCod

and my most special Place called Amphitheater Lake at 11,000 Ft in the Sierras above Bishop Calif. for Crossbows and Golden Trout
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 02:10 PM

I got spoiled fishing the Sea of Cortez, and while I was living in Kansas on the ranch, found the only thing that came close was catching BIG catfish. Now, I am getting spoiled again...I will be 78 in June...(FYI in case anyone wants to send gifts u2u for address:lol::lol:)

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 02:17 PM

skeet...i love all those places you mention too...problem is, puget sound hasn't had a true cod for around 25 years now...they were completely wiped out near the end of the 20th century, sadly...the commercial boys took their toll, not saying we didn't catch our share also....

baitcast...blown off the water today here at banks lake; breaks my heart after traveling this far in seek of smallies but there will be another day, i hope

woody...what part of "our" world will you be in in october???....sequim up north or mulege down south....always have a pile of ice cold ones and in sequim keep a keg at 33 degrees 24/7...look us up.

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 03:01 PM

Mulegem:

Some of the Truecod are coming back. I was fishing in the Sound the last day the Commercials were taking all the fish out, Sure did not like it as i think the Truecod is one of the best eating fish around.Skeet
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 04:23 PM

truly, the truecod is one of the finest eating fish on the planet....and that's why they are gone bigtime...i live on the straits of juan de fuca, right here on the entrance to puget sound...i have been involved in fisheries enforcement almost all my adult life...i also fish this wonderful fish stew almost daily...and i'm sorry to say skeet, but the true cod is NOT coming back...at least so far...no documented catches in many many years here recreationally...it is very sad but true.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 5-21-2013 at 05:01 PM

Walleye

baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2013 at 06:55 AM

I like Franks movies as well his taste in musica,checked out your boys thresher catch as well,what is it about La Jolla that works so well?
Rob

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
neilm81301
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2013 at 06:56 AM

El Rio de Las Animas Perdidas
Durango, CO 81301
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-22-2013 at 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
I like Franks movies as well his taste in musica,checked out your boys thresher catch as well,what is it about La Jolla that works so well?
Rob

I think it's the submarine canyon that's just offshore. It pumps out a lot of nutrients from far below. When I was going to school there I once saw a school of anchovies from the beach to the end of the pier. The only other place I've seen it like that is at Cabo Pulmo every March. The sardinas arrive there from the south and hold for a month before moving north. Don't know if that is still going on.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2013 at 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
skeet...i love all those places you mention too...problem is, puget sound hasn't had a true cod for around 25 years now...they were completely wiped out near the end of the 20th century, sadly...the commercial boys took their toll, not saying we didn't catch our share also....

baitcast...blown off the water today here at banks lake; breaks my heart after traveling this far in seek of smallies but there will be another day, i hope

woody...what part of "our" world will you be in in october???....sequim up north or mulege down south....always have a pile of ice cold ones and in sequim keep a keg at 33 degrees 24/7...look us up.

Mulege and the south/central points.

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 5-23-2013 at 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by baitcast
Rob

Its got to be the bait and the deep water canyon, that brings them in. We only will take 1 Thresher every other year, no matter how bad it kicks our butt :biggrin: We finally figured out how to mouth hook them with live bait and circle hooks. Someday we may actually calm down enough to film one underwater chasing the greenback.

After all these years fishing, I still can't sleep the night before a trip even if we are chasing calicos in kelp with the 14' Klamath.

Dreams? I sat up straight one night during Tuna season, yelling " there they are! " My wife sits up and says what's wrong? I whacked right across the chest pointing to the boiling fish, still yelling, then fell back to sleep.

She just ducks now when the fish are in.
baitcast
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-23-2013 at 08:50 AM

:lol: Hilarious Sleeping has always been a problem with me also altho I never beat on the wife.

T-Sharks and Mako,s are two of my favorites used to fish them often in a 16' Ryan off OC.Calif. and speaking of sharks check out this vid of a Mako gone crazy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJYVKejC5XE

Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 5-23-2013 at 09:34 AM

Best video of a guy that was totally caught up in the moment! He had me yelling at the monitor.

I may have to get the 12wt out and give that a try this year.
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.