vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 01:28 PM
Parcela 12 16KM south of San Q

Took a short Memorial day venture to Bahia de Loas Angeles
Stopped at Parcela 12 which is a small shack like eatery
situated where Mex 1 makes that 90 degree turrn north to
parts north.
It is an interesting place where you pay something like $8.50 USD and you can have your fill of what ever is cooking
in about half a dozen hot covered pots, along with rice ,beans and torillas. I think it is kind of an all you can
eat buffet. Some of the items offered were steak ranchero, fried chicken, some kind of prepared burro meat, chicharon in sauce,chicken in oyster sauce, and clam soup with large pieces of clam in a clear vegetable broth, and machaca.
I went in thinking that I could sample a single taco or something, but found to my dismay, having just had a filling quesataco at Tacos El Rosario that it was an all you can eat buffet. I had planned to have a nice dinner in Ensenada.
Well I just hade to have a small sample of everything I could
and in general the food is good. I will have to definitely return and try this place when I am very hungry.
Needless to say the Ensenada dinner at Sanos did not happen. 2hr 45 min wait in line when I returned Tuesday
night.
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 02:32 PM

Friends who were there recently said the food was very good. Its on my list for the next trip.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vacaenbaja
parts north.
It is an interesting place where you pay something like $8.50 USD and you can have your fill of what ever is cooking
in about half a dozen hot covered pots, along with rice ,beans and torillas. I think it is kind of an all you can
eat buffet. Some of the items offered were steak ranchero, fried chicken, some kind of prepared burro meat, chicharon in sauce,chicken in oyster sauce, and clam soup with large pieces of clam in a clear vegetable broth, and machaca.
I went in thinking that I could sample a single taco or something, but found to my dismay, having just had a filling quesataco at Tacos El Rosario that it was an all you can eat buffet. I had planned to have a nice dinner in Ensenada.
and in general the food is good. I will have to definitely return and try this place when I am very hungry.
Needless to say the Ensenada dinner at Sanos did not happen. 2hr 45 min wait in line when I returned Tuesday
night.

Interesting, In the past (a year ago) I had just tacos. wonder if they have changed. \

P.S. It was very good.

[Edited on 5-29-2013 by rts551]
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 05:09 PM

The friend that told me about the place said that she was
taken there and that they all laughed at here when all she ate was two tacos worth of the fillings. They said that she
did not get her moneys worth. Thus I got the impression that
the place does not serve by the single taco, but I could be
wrong. When I arrived they looked at me as if I knew the drill.
I had to tell them that it was my first time and where is the menu. That is when one young gentleman behind the counter explained to me in very passable english how things
are done there. Strangely enough the food was not spiced
overly hot. In fact I felt that it needed some chile. They had
a plentiful variety of bottled hot sauces to choose from, as
well as roasted chile gueros to choose from.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 07:11 PM
Sanos?

Quote:
Originally posted by vacaenbaja
parts north.
night.

You must be one of those rich gringos I've heard about.:lol:

Bob Durrell
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-29-2013 at 10:07 PM

Parcela 12 is one of our favorite places. We often say, "I'm going to Parcela 12, be right back." Living 7 hrs from the border doesn't make that quick trip for lunch so easy.

If you ask, they usually have machaca de jaiba tucked away in the fridge...my usual order. I also love the tubs of honey, complete with bee body parts. Can't get any fresher than that.

P>*)))>{

[Edited on 30-5-2013 by Paulina]

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
vacaenbaja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-30-2013 at 06:59 PM

I have never been to Sanos, but have seen many posts
about it. As we were driving down one of our friends
saw the place from the highway and said we should try it on the way back. So is it worth it? If so what is their signiture
dish?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 11:49 AM

We paid 150 pesos each last week when we ate there.
We were 3 adults and 2 kids and one adult reordered food. All of us had a drink as well.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 04:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
We paid 150 pesos each last week when we ate there.
We were 3 adults and 2 kids and one adult reordered food. All of us had a drink as well.

Bumping up this 5-year-old thread might make one hungry for more!
To add to the original post, it is indeed at Km. 16, just south of that marker, which is also the El Pabellon RV park entrance.
It is not at any bend in the highway, however, but along a straight section. The bend mentioned in the top post is actually at Km. 14.5.
Another RV park called Fidel's El Pabellon is at Km. 16.5 as a reference if you are northbound or pass it southbound.

Easy to remeber location. Always gas up at los pinos pemex (honest pumps, me thinks). Eat up at parcela 12 about 1 km south of los pinos. 2 stops, close by.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 05:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Only the Los Pinos Pemex is at Km. 11, (5 kms. away). There is a closer Pemex at Km. 15, as well.

Now you’re splitting hairs!
1 k, 5 k, it’s all the “same” when you are driving 300 or 400 km in a day.

The closer Pemex is not honest. Los pinos appears to be

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 05:46 PM

100% honest would be to get filled up at El Rosario's Baja Cactus at Km. 57 where sales help the community as a new fire station is being built across the highway and sales help the Desert Hawks Emergency Rescue team for everyone driving the highway in Central Baja (San Quintin to Punta Prieta region).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-5-2018 at 06:11 PM

Still waiting on my tshirt from Antonio. Anyone heard from him? I paid big, in advance.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2018 at 08:54 AM

When was he selling t-shirts online? Here is what occupies a lot of his time and energy, saving lives: https://www.facebook.com/HalconesdelDesierto/

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 04:13 PM

Anybody out there that can refresn my pea brain does pacela dolce close tuesday or wednesdays. Im about thirty miles north and dont want to drive down if closed. Cant get anyone to answer phone number listed on trip advisor.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 04:40 PM

you pay by the scoop for whatever you want to eat...their vegetarian chard & nopales stew is awesome! never been disappointed there and it is my favorite food stop....super fast, you get to see what you want to eat and always delicious and they bring you a plate of queso fresco too!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 06:08 PM

Yes great food but do you know off hand which day they close tuesday or weds?
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 07:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by amigobaja  
Yes great food but do you know off hand which day they close tuesday or weds?

their fb page says open tuesday -sunday closed today
amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2020 at 09:44 PM

Gracias going manana
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 03:59 AM

It is a shame Paulina's photos are blurred because they really capture the feel of Parcela. Even when it is packed, the service is fast, really fast. And every time I have been there (about 3) it has indeed been packed full of customers.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.