Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: photobucket
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 09:36 AM
photobucket

I have sent a photo over via Photobucket to Baja Nomad but I am having trouble sending multiple photos. I've done this in the past but now have problems. I click on "img" on my first photo and try to advance to the next photo using "ctrl", click but it does not work.
Advice please!

bacquito
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 10:42 AM

There may be an easier way, but I just drag the img codes down to my desktop then I can drag them into the post in the order I want them in.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 10:45 AM

Wow. I never knew you could drag them. Thanks monoloco.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 12:47 PM

Great news monoloco!

Thanks for the tip.

Then, after the transfer, you just delete the img from your desktop...whattaconcept!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bacquito
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
There may be an easier way, but I just drag the img codes down to my desktop then I can drag them into the post in the order I want them in.

Thanks for the tip.

bacquito
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 08:30 PM

I just copy and paste the IMG links right here and double space between them.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bacquito
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Thanks for the information. Before I was able to transfer more than one image -"img"- to Nomad and I cannot seem to do that now.
Any help is appreciated.

bacquito
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-5-2013 at 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bacquito
Quote:

Thanks for the information. Before I was able to transfer more than one image -"img"- to Nomad and I cannot seem to do that now.
Any help is appreciated.

On my phone so can't show samples but I have posted the how to many times if you look at the photo forum on Nomad. In brief...

1) go to your photobucket album and put your mouse over the photo you want to share.
2) from the links that pop up, copy the one called IMG.
3) go to the Nomad page where you type your post or reply and paste that IMG link.
4) add a caption if you want and double space before adding another photo link if you are posting more than one per post.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bacquito
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 08:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by bacquito
Quote:

Any help is appreciated.

On my phone so can't show samples but I have posted the how to many times if you look at the photo forum on Nomad. In brief...

1) go to your photobucket album and put your mouse over the photo you want to share.
2) from the links that pop up, copy the one called IMG.
3) go to the Nomad page where you type your post or reply and paste that IMG link.
4) add a caption if you want and double space before adding another photo link if you are posting more than one per post.

Thanks David, I'll get the problem resolved. I am aware of the procedure you sent me.

bacquito
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 09:59 AM

bacquito - I never tried doing mutilple images at the same time using the CONTROL !

Did the dragging work for you?

Believe it or not, I do them one at a time. Talk about patience. then every so oftent here is a glitch and the whole post goes POOF! Oh so irritating !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bacquito
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
bacquito - I never tried doing mutilple images at the same time using the CONTROL !

Did the dragging work for you?

Believe it or not, I do them one at a time. Talk about patience. then every so oftent here is a glitch and the whole post goes POOF! Oh so irritating !

I now do them one at a time. I could not get Drag and Drop to work.
I have not posted photos for some time and the procedure has changed. As I recall one could click on multiple photos (img) and using control put the multiple photos on Nomad for review. But I could not get that procedure to work.
I finally tried "one at a time" and it worked.

bacquito
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 01:00 PM

But it is very time consuming.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bacquito
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2013 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
But it is very time consuming.

Yes, I agree and thanks for the advice

bacquito
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 01:53 PM

Quote:
I dont get it.:( if you paste an IMG link here then go back to the library and copy another IMG link, then come back here, isnt your unfinished post gone?:?:
anyone have an easy way to post multiple images?
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:
I dont get it.:( if you paste an IMG link here then go back to the library and copy another IMG link, then come back here, isnt your unfinished post gone?:?:
anyone have an easy way to post multiple images?
You can click: file / open new window and have both pages open at once.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 02:59 PM

Right, more than one window open and go back and forth from Nomad to Photobucket.

Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 08:53 PM

So glad to see I am not the only one with problems getting photos on Nomad. Why isn't there a simpler way?

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2013 at 08:47 AM

It is simply a matter of pasting a link to here from your photo album web site.

It is extra nice if you upload your photos from your PC to your photo album site at a size that doesn't distort the Nomad page (ie. 800 pixels or less).

As always, there are Nomads who have posted step-by-step instructions or offered to post the photos for you until you get the hang of it.

Sometimes the photo hosting site will change something, and that throws a curve ball into the process! LOL

Doug (Baja Nomad) will update this site someday, so it will automatically resize and post photos from your PC without using an independent photo hosting site, like Photobucket.

Until then, we try and help...

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2013 at 10:01 AM
Just confirmed the instructions...

Word is BajaNomad is going to have photo sizing software here soon... until then, here is the latest step-by-step guide for adding photos here:

We can help! Here's the step by step using one of the photo hosting sites 'Photobucket.com':

[UPDATED JULY 2013}

Here are the steps for anyone else...

1) Make an album on Photobucket.com for the subject or group of photos... or just to put photos you want to share on Nomad and other forums.

2) To set the size of the photos (does not reduce the quality) to fit here you click on your name at the top of the Photobucket page.

Click on User Settings.

Click on Albums (top of page). Scroll down and see Upload Options and just below that is 'Customize Upload Options', click on that.

Click 800 x 600 for maps or max. size to fill the Nomad page or click 640 x 480 for large size photos that don't fill the page. Nomad is an 800 pixel wide frame, and if you don't resize to 800 or less, the entire page will stretch off the standard monitor and require sideways scrolling. You only need to do this step once or if you wish to change it.

Click SAVE.

3) Click on the big Upload box at the top center of the Photobucket page and simply select the photos you want from your PC folder.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To show your photos on a Nomad page:

1) Place your mouse on the thumbnail photo in your Photobucket album and select the IMG link of the links box that pops up or is already there, copy that IMG link with your mouse (left click, right click, click copy).

2) On your Nomad post, paste the photo link by right clicking your mouse, and click paste.

Add a caption below the photo if desired and double space between photo links so there is a separation between them.

I suggest not posting too many photo per Nomad post so those with slow upload speeds can also enjoy them... maybe every dozen pictures start a new reply/post?

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2013 at 10:33 AM

Quote:

Word is BajaNomad is going to have photo sizing software here soon...

Question to Doug --- if one posts directly to the forum instead of linking to a place like photobucket, does that give over the rights to the photo? I know someone who had a real problem with that on another forum?

Thanks

[Edited on 7-28-2013 by DianaT]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.