Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Arizona Border Deaths Detailed
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 6-8-2013 at 08:58 AM
The BEST Plan

ENFORCE the Laws.

Adequately Guard the Border in the most cost-efficient manner. Which includes the present method of driving the traffic into the most hostile environment and allowing nature to assist our efforts.

Arrest and Deport EVERY possible violator.

Work on that 12 million (or whatever figure is favored at the time) one (or more) violator at a time.

IF the labor-market justifies importing workers, develop a solid and enforceable new "Bracero" program.
Correcamino
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2013 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy Jan
From FNS News

“Even though there are less undocumented people crossing the border, I think the most important thing we can point out is that the number of deaths has not come down,” said Raquel Rubio Goldsmith, University of Arizona researcher and co-author of the report. “This means that we continue proving that the more immigration law is enforced in a militarized way, the more deaths there are on the border.”

(NOTE: bold and underline above are mine)

I think this quote exposes the prejudices of the "researchers" who conducted this study. They are correct that the border is patrolled in a para-military manner. I have seen it, from Border Field Park to Brownsville. But I really don't know how else enforcement can carried out while retaining the safety of the officers. That's brutally hard country and the Coyotes (people smugglers, not the yip-yip kind) and Narcotraficantes are heavily armed. I'd love to have a bunch of kindly game warden types out there - like cops in Chevy Sububan 4x4s - as in the old days. That time is over.

So what does this "militarization" do to cause the greater body count of hapless migrants who, probably out of ignorance, challenge the desert? Unless they just mean that the enforcement is too efficient, the border too tight. Odd criticism.

[Edited on 6-8-2013 by Correcamino]

Si sirve, sirve.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2013 at 07:09 PM

I have to ask you a question that I have been wanting to ask??

I am interested in knowing what your personal views of Mexico are?

You tend to have the most number of articles that discuss mainly the rather negative side of what is going on in Mexico.

Now, I don't have an issue with that, it is what it is, but just curious if you live in Mexico, or travel down a bunch etc.

Thanks
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2013 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue

You tend to have the most number of articles that discuss mainly the rather negative side of what is going on in Mexico.

Now, I don't have an issue with that, it is what it is, but just curious if you live in Mexico, or travel down a bunch etc.

Thanks

Whom are you addressing?
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2013 at 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue

Thanks

Whom are you addressing?

Jan
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.