BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Ensenada Breakfast or Lunch recommendation?
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 06:58 PM
Ensenada Breakfast or Lunch recommendation?

Audrey and I are headed to Ensenada in a couple of weeks and would like to try some place different for breakfast while we are there.

El Sauzal too!

[Edited on 6-19-2013 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 07:23 PM

Rubio's! It is on the road to central, Ensenada. Don't go toward Malecon.
At circle stay left, go down app 1 1/2 miles, it is on the right, yellow sign on top, RUBIO'S go past and make u turn, and park right in front. They have best flour torts in town!! Same family, from Viejo San Quintin, which is another great place for breakfast, if you are that way. Rubio's is closed on Sunday :(
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 07:33 PM

Best breakfast in Ensenada is Punta Morro Brunch Saturdays and Sundays
Followed by Hotel Coral and Marina weekend brunch Saturdays and Sundays
Best daily breakfast hands down Baja Frut, either in the center of town, or at the Macroplaza, phenomenal Eggs Benedict, fruit salads, omelettes and fresh juices of all types...
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 07:38 PM
Breakfast

We enjoy the Baja Fruit they are consistently good .
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 07:44 PM

Mi Kasa, roll down the Malcone until you see the heads turn inland, they are 1/2 down the block on the left side. More of a local place then a gringo place. I love their food.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

Oh, we have walked through this place... always wanted to eat there. I think we'll try it for Sunday Brunch!!

Thanks!

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 08:32 PM

Pretty reasonable for all you can eat buffet, around $12 a person. and the view is absolutely gorgeous, it is the Marine Room in La Jolla's south of the border. Just to mention, in El Sauzal I went to a place for lunch called El Sarmiento Restaurant, it is about a mile and a half after the toll booth on your right going south in a cluster of restaurants including Terra Noble, Kalifa...and the view is beautiful it is right on the ocean. They are advertising a gourmet breakfast on Facebook. When I went there, the place was very small, but the food was all cooked to order, very original recipes, quite tasty, medium to high priced. If you are looking for a very small place with a gorgeous, very up close view of Ensenada Bay, this is the place.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:

Oh, we have walked through this place... always wanted to eat there. I think we'll try it for Sunday Brunch!!

Thanks!

[Edited on 6-12-2013 by EnsenadaDr]
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 08:39 PM

Quote:
Pretty reasonable for all you can eat buffet, around $12 a person. and the view is absolutely gorgeous, it is the Marine Room in La Jolla's south of the border. Just to mention, in El Sauzal I went to a place for lunch called El Sarmiento Restaurant, it is about a mile and a half after the toll booth on your right going south in a cluster of restaurants including Terra Noble, Kalifa...and the view is beautiful it is right on the ocean. They are advertising a gourmet breakfast on Facebook.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob H
Quote:

Thanks!

[Edited on 6-12-2013 by EnsenadaDr]

El Sarmiento Restaurant... this sounds great for lunch! We are staying at a house in Cibola del Mar, so that's close by. Thanks, AGAIN!

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-11-2013 at 08:45 PM

Ophelia's is another great place in El Sauzal for dinner, great homemade breads and the house lasagna is wonderful...it's on your right about 1 mile from Cibola, also don't miss across the road from Cibola at San Miguel the San Miguel Restaurant. I met my son and his surfing buddies there for breakfast last week, my's son's friend had a wonderful salmon omelette. The coffee was great, turns out it was from Chiapas. You can buy the coffee they make at Casa de Café on Cortez in Ensenada. Many of these places are closed Mondays.
plumkell

[*] posted on 6-12-2013 at 08:16 AM

We love Las Cazuelitas for breakfast. It is downstairs from the Hotel Santo Tomas.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2013 at 03:42 PM

For lunch you might want to try wherever Sirena.'s husband is working (Sirena is Shari's daughter, for those who don't know her). He is one fabulous cook. Once, ages ago, we all had a BBQ in Asuncion and his hamburgers were out of this world. How can you make such a great burger, i asked. If I remember correctly, he said he puts OJ in the meat........it was very good.

They live in Ensenada and wherever he is is lucky to have him.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2013 at 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
For lunch you might want to try wherever Sirena.'s husband is working

Wasn't that Ophelia's that Dra. Janene mentioned above?
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 6-12-2013 at 04:02 PM

¿Machaca de res mas nopalitos con huevos revueltos? A traditional desayuno is pan dulce con No Es Cafe...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2013 at 04:06 PM

We have two faves that we have returned to over the years. Las Cazuelas (not the Cazuelitas, previously mentioned), and Mi Kaza.

Las Cazuelas is on Delante just off Costero. Been there for a very long time, and it's packed on the weekends.

Mi Kaza has great food, too. But, nowhere near the ambiance you will find at Las Cazuelas.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-12-2013 at 04:34 PM

I also highly recommend SAn Miguel for breakfast...fantastic food, homemade bread, amazing grounds...eat outside next to the sea. Why dont you call Sirena and you can all go out for breakky together!!! U2U me for her number if you want...it would be fun!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-12-2013 at 07:41 PM
Excelente desayuno

After you pass through Maneadero turn left at Y towards La Bufadora and go 1/2 block. Restaurante Los Lobos is in the right.

[Edited on 6-13-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2013 at 04:58 PM

I don't think left will work for someone headed Southbound.:?:
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2013 at 10:49 PM

Thank you so much for all of the recommendations..........wow

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-15-2013 at 07:10 AM

Gee Bob, you will have to stay a week to try them all!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2013 at 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
I also highly recommend SAn Miguel for breakfast...fantastic food, homemade bread, amazing grounds...eat outside next to the sea.

Was closed last Wednesday, I was bummed!!! So maybe Wed. is their day off!
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.