Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Hotels in La Paz
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 09:15 AM
Hotels in La Paz

I've heard this discussed on here before but, does anyone know of hotels that are not right on the Malecon in La Paz. I know there are some really cute ones away from the touristy areas but don't remember any names. Gracias.
Keri
Super Nomad

Mood: muy contento

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 10:20 AM
Posada de Englebert

on the water but not on the malecon. Jr it's our favorite. Small and cozy and I think it was $58.00 per night. Nice palapa bar on the water ,mostly locals It's one of the places in Murder in La Paz. Do you remember it? By the way did you like the book? Restaurant has good food and the locals go there for breakfast. Off the beaten path. You turn at the corner where the VW dealer is before you get into town. Talk to cyndarouh. They may or may not be open. k:yes::no:
jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 11:26 AM
Thanks Keri

Yes, I very much enjoyed the book and am sharing it with others.. I also thought it very cool that friends of ours may or may not have been mentioned in the book.:O
I'm trying to head south pretty soon. How bout you guys?
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 12:29 PM

We are spending next Thursday and Friday night at this place.

http://www.hotelmed.com/

We have looked at it before but this is our first stay. We will report back. Nice people.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 12:45 PM

Try this it is 4 blocks back from the Malecon. this is where all the business people stay when in La Paz. we like it a lot.

Hotel gardenias
612 122 3088
Aquiles Serdan #520 Nte
La Paz, B.C.S.
Mexico

http://www.hotelgardenias.com.mx/index.html

RATES (USD.)
Single: $34.44
Double: $40.55
Triple: $46.66
Quad: $52.22
* State and I.V.A. tax included
TARIFAS
Sencillo: $340.00
Doble: $395.00
Triple: $450.00
Cuadruple $505.00
I.V.A. y 2% estatal incluidos

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Keri
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 01:06 PM
EGL wish Mike and i were going with you.

That place looks great can't wait for a report. You guys flying or driving?
Bruce stayed at the gardenia many times in the past but for my money Mike and I like to stay on the water . Try Posada sometime when you and Edith are there it's real comfortable. and private. and a great round palapa bar close to the water,fun happy hour because you can talk to everyone and as I said before it's mostly locals and a couple of really laid back tourists. Nice atmosphere. k:yes:
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 01:08 PM

We are booked on Screaming Airlines!! I hope I get a window seat!!!! :lol:

We will be eating pig Saturday night at Serinidad!!!! :spingrin::tumble:

COME ON DOWN! :biggrin:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 02:34 PM
ha!!

everybody gets a window seat! 1st class.......it's the ONLY way to fly........:cool::tumble:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
...does anyone know of hotels that are not right on the Malecon in La Paz.
http://escapist.com/baja/lapaz.htm

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jrbaja
Yes, I very much enjoyed the book and am sharing it with others.. I also thought it very cool that friends of ours may or may not have been mentioned in the book.:O
I'm trying to head south pretty soon. How bout you guys?

Keri
Do you have a email or website address

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 05:25 PM

Sorry to throw a wet blanket on the Posada but I have heard that it was closed. Hank and Jacqueline are gone and a guy from San Lucas has taken it over on some sort of back taxes repo. and not even engleburt's, the owner before. This is 3rd or 4th hand so may not be true but a friend went by and it was closed for restoration so i do believe that part is true...or was 3 weeks ago.
That will make me very sad. an absolutely beautiful place with very nice people running it. She saved hundreds of dogs and cats that she picked up off the streets of La Paz and, at her expense, found homes for them.
Please let me know if anyone has any more news on this.

[Edited on 11-15-2004 by bajajudy]

Keri
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 05:35 PM
hey Judy

I was looking at your site this morning and was wondering who's it was. I wanted to talk to you about the 3rd annual Pyramid Resort book signing May 14. Thought maybe you would have some authors you would like me to invite, u2u me with your email if you'd like. Please let me know anything else on the hotel if you can. Thanks
k:yes:

[Edited on 11-15-2004 by Keri]
Keri
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 05:44 PM
Bruce you have my email at home

or you can check out our website at www.pyramidresort.com my business address is on that. k:yes:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 05:56 PM

Some of my notes off the escapist.com site noted above (caveat: these comments are from a few years back):

Palmas Suites -- Uguet Hidalgo has transformed this former apartment complex into a bed and breakfast. Rooms are all unique and have fans and kitchenettes. On Mutualismo, just east of Bravo, a half-block off the malec?n. 112.24623. Budget to Moderate

Hotel Lorimar -- On Bravo, about a block from the malec?n. A few rooms placed in a back courtyard away from the street. The owners have a few exotic birds in the main lobby area that pleasantly adds to the ambiance. Rooms are clean, and have hot water and old a/c units. Excellent place to connect with international travelers. The upstairs restaurant is worth visiting during your stay. 112.53822. Budget

Hotel Pekin -- On the northern end of the malec?n, and above the Pekin Restaurant (a so-so Chinese/Cantonese restaurant). Very clean rooms, most with some kind of bay-view, and a/c. (I think there were phones and t.v.'s there too...). It's a little further away from the downtown area than others, which can be either good or bad depending on your point of view. 112.50995. Budget

Hotel Calafia -- Slightly west of town along the Transpeninsular highway (just follow the street along the malec?n west), near one of the CCC supermarkets. This clean, and fairly quiet property offers rooms with excellent a/c units, plenty of hot water, fair-sized rooms that surround a courtyard for convenient off-street parking and a often-used swimming pool. The hotel staff is quite friendly and accommodating. An excellent value overall, and really not that far to drive from downtown (2 miles at most). 112.25822 Ultra-Budget

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 06:33 PM
Lodging in La Paz

HI...hope I'm doing this right..1st timer. My wife and I just returned yesterday from a few days shopping/banking/etc. in La Paz and stayed at our normal lodging there. Club El Moro on the Malecon past the center towards the new marina. Very spacious, nice suites, kitchens, sat. TV, beautiful pools, views, and ambiance. Staff is excellent and will gladly accomodate shopping requests and guidance to best deals. We made great deals on fridges, washer/dryer, AC, plants, etc because of their help. We highly recommend it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 06:35 PM

We stayed at the Calafia and it is nothing to write home about. Just a typical motel, like Motel 6 is.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 06:45 PM

La Posada was taken over the guy says for back taxes but they were all paid. Hank and his wife are fighting to get it back and she is in the hopistal in Mexico city with a bleeding ulcer. Could use all our prayers. They ask none of our friends support this man. We have seveal of the pups, cats up here in SD up for adoption if any one needs a new friend to love. Thanks

[Edited on 11-15-2004 by Cyndarouh]
Capt. George
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2004 at 07:03 PM
2nd the Gardenias

we stay there whenever we're in La Paz,
quiet, a swimming pool, private parking and reasonable rates....few blocks from the malecon...good luck...George
expat2B
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2004 at 08:25 AM

FWIW, we recently spent three very enjoyable nights at El Angel Azul, a 12-room posada two blocks south of Plaza Constitucion (esq. Independencia Y Guillermo Prieto) and about a 10-minute walk from the malecon (http://www.elangelazul.com/en/hotel/index.html). Built/remodeled from the near ruins of the former courthouse in the late 90s, it is a quiet, peaceful place to stay, with a private courtyard in the center of the building. The owner/hostess, is attentive and knowledgeable without being intrusive - we're already planning a return visit in January/February.
Annie T.
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-15-2004 at 10:34 AM
Las Palmas

JR, We'll be staying at Las Palmas at the end of Jan-into Feb. They also have partial kitchens. (Now called Palmas B & B) The owner seems very accommodating. palmas95@hotmail.com
We had a little trouble finding what we wanted for when we'll be there. Either because of Carnival in early Feb. or because La Paz is getting a lot of attention. Good or bad depending on where you're sitting. :yes:

Live, love and be happy.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.