Quote:
Originally posted by wornout
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by wornout
Quote:
To have a valid DL you must be a resident of the state with a valid address...therefore the requirement for the tag on the car. If you are no longer California resident you are supposed to turn your license in . One of our Abreojos residents did just that in order not to have a problem.

NOT TRUE, I have a Peoples Republic of California Drivers License and have had it for the 16 years I have lived in San Felipe. All the DMV asked was for a California Mailing address, which is my PMB in Calexico. As always, when dealing with the DMV or CHP one has to know if it is their time of month (man or woman, doesn't matter).

We were in CostCo Mission Beach, CA., and a uniform police officer walked up, asked us for our card stating who the Disable Parking Placard was issued to. I informed him, who was holding my Ca Drivers License and SD Vehicle Registration that SD doesn't issue those cards. He walked over to his radio, and with a frustrated look on his face when he came back, he handed us our paperwork and said, Have a nice day.

Just my point. You claim California residence through Probably Mailbox ETC (or something similar) since they will not take a PO box.

AGAIN, NOT TRUE, I DID NOT CLAIM ANYTHING. Where do you read this stuff? Probably, what the hell do you mean, probably? You weren't there and I am simply stating what happened to me and as you can tell, I don't like it when people like you tell other that I didn't do what I know I did. Geez!!!

Maybe you will understand if I put it in capitals. I TOLD THE DMV CLERK THAT I DIDN'T LIVE IN CALIFORNIA, THAT I HAD MOVED FULL TIME TO MEXICO, DIDN'T OWN PROPERTY IN CALIFORNIA AS I HAD SOLD IT. I TOLD HER I AM A US CITIZEN AND HAD A CALIFORNIA MAILING ADDRESS.

Sorry to set you off. California will not accept a PO box any more. But your PMB has an address is if it was a residence. That is all I meant. I AM GLAD YOU ARE A US RESIDENT WITHOUT A HOME IN THE US.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-8-2013 at 09:06 PM

Quote:
But your PMB has an address is if it was a residence. That is all I meant. I AM GLAD YOU ARE A US RESIDENT WITHOUT A HOME IN THE US.

Me too. Postal Annex PMB for twenty years. No problem since it has a street address.
Just don't want AAA to know where I live. They'll cancel my insurance immediately.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.