BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Valle de Guadalupe
timoteo

[*] posted on 7-20-2013 at 04:50 PM
Valle de Guadalupe

Looking for a 2 bedroom house somewhere in the Valle, maybe in Porvenir or there about. would like to rent for awhile to make sure I fit in ,and enjoy living there. A garage or storage room would be nice.. Thanx in advance
Tim
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2013 at 05:04 PM

Just there a few days ago. Take a drive & find what you're looking for. Good luck & welcome to the fray.

Not specifically looking, but remember a post at Leonardo's "for rent". Was there for pie. Apple. San Antonio De Las Minas.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
timoteo

[*] posted on 7-20-2013 at 06:19 PM

Thanx for that. I am planning a trip there next week. I really like the area around Porvenir. I plan on working with a friend in Ensenada. but prefer small town living. Thanx again.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2013 at 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by timoteo
I really like the area around Porvenir.

Why? Kinda rural, isn't it? Maybe your new criminal neighbors will get you interested in dog fighting.
Don't move to an area you don't belong in. [or, maybe you do]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-20-2013 at 09:49 PM

Hey Dennis looky here on this link. Porvenir has 1 person living there? http://mexico.pueblosamerica.com/i/el-porvenir-2/
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
I really like the area around Porvenir.

Why? Kinda rural, isn't it? Maybe your new criminal neighbors will get you interested in dog fighting.
Don't move to an area you don't belong in. [or, maybe you do]
timoteo

[*] posted on 7-20-2013 at 10:55 PM

A friend of mine has lived there for about 2 years and is starting her own winemaking business, she hasn't made any mention of problems living there. Thanks for your comments. I could use all the feedback I can get..
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 06:26 AM

That drive into Ensenada will get old. What about ElSauzal or San Miguel (near the toll booth)????

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 07:33 AM

Quote:
A friend of mine has lived there for about 2 years and is starting her own winemaking business, she hasn't made any mention of problems living there. Thanks for your comments. I could use all the feedback I can get..

I've seen stories...profiles on her. I wondered why she would be living in the snake pit alone. Looks like a classy lady....a high value target.
You should ask her about her new circle of friends. It's a bad place to be a loner.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2013 at 12:37 PM

if you want to get away.........this is on the dirt road from la mision (north side of the valley) to san jose de la zorra and coming out at francisco zarco. looks pretty cool for six hundy!
http://www.bajarealty4u.com/Ensenada/Baja_California/Homes/R...
Martyman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 11:49 AM

Quote:

I've seen stories...profiles on her. I wondered why she would be living in the snake pit alone. Looks like a classy lady....a high value target.
You should ask her about her new circle of friends. It's a bad place to be a loner.

Snake Pit? What's the story? I kinda liked hanging out over there. I stayed for a few days. Lotta bad guys huh?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-24-2013 at 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman

Snake Pit? What's the story? I kinda liked hanging out over there. I stayed for a few days. Lotta bad guys huh?

When the cartels were at the boiling point and active in mayhem episodes in Ensenada, they would scamper out of town in their SUVS and disappear out the Tecate Road. There are so many bad guys living out of sight of the road, it's scary.
Chicken fights, dog fights and horse racing are favorite pastimes since they can't go to legit public events, and you see evidence of these activities out there.
You have to draw your own conclusions.

Ohhh yeah.....don't ever flip off another driver out there. It's not suggested.

[Edited on 7-24-2013 by DENNIS]
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 07:44 AM

"Don't ever flip off another driver out there".

Is it ok if you have a badge?

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
zoesterone
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2013 at 07:48 AM

Quote:
Quote:

She is a classy lady and a good friend. Becoming a very successful winemaker, too. I know quite a few people that live in the Porvenir area and I doubt any would consider it a "snake pit". Like many things,TJ included, things change.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.