Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Las Barrancas installation
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2014 at 10:56 AM

Have been there 3 times. first for site survey than for installation and training of my mexican crew and then for warranty check one year later. Maby i find somebody going to the place of the relay station and send me some photos.
This is also a very good place for a geocache. Joe
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2014 at 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajagerman
Have been there 3 times. first for site survey than for installation and training of my mexican crew and then for warranty check one year later. Maby i find somebody going to the place of the relay station and send me some photos.
This is also a very good place for a geocache. Joe

....any of the german crew end up staying a long time,,,marrying locals?...it'd be great fun to come across a mexicano speaking german :coolup:
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-15-2014 at 01:29 PM

I just read the report you made above, Bajagerman. Wow, you guys were WAY ahead of your time. Much of the same technology is basic to the sea water greenhouses which are just now catching on. Of course, Germany's use of renewable energy production should be a huge source of pride.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2014 at 04:58 AM

thank you vgabndo, the seawater greenhouse is a nice project. But in the project Sontlan we produces allready fresh water by solar energy. But during my time at Las Barrancas i have seen another way about agriculture in this area. They drill down until they found fresh water for the agriculture. For a while this has been working ok but after that the water get salty and the flat was not more usable. So the repeated the procedure again away from the first flat and so on. If you know somebody who is willing to place a geocaching at tho top of the hill let me know. All details about my wish you find under www.info-inmarsat.gmxhome.de/sontlan.html
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2014 at 07:37 AM

The photos at the position of the Sontlan Project Las Barrancas are present now in Google Earth. The photos at the relay position ar not present until now will following later. Joachim
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-26-2014 at 08:55 AM

The photos at the position Las Barrancas are indeed present now but not in the correct position. I corrected all and hopefully after the next Google Earth update they will be in the correct position.

If you like you may read the full story under:

www.info-inmarsat.gmxhome.de/sontlan.html

Joachim

[Edited on 8-26-2014 by bajagerman]

[Edited on 8-27-2014 by bajagerman]
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2014 at 05:17 AM

At the original place of project Sontlan at Las Barrancas i added some photos during the worktime of the project as well as two photos from Francisco as it looks 2013. I have corrected the positions of all photos. Now all are inside the original plant.
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2015 at 02:11 AM

How is the situation at Las Barrancas after Odile?
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2015 at 08:07 AM

If everything goes well we will have soon a geocache at top of the radio relay hill. The first 3 finder of the cache which send me the code will receive a video about installation and setup of the radio link between Las Barrancas and Ciudad Constitucion.

[Edited on 4-28-2015 by bajagerman]
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-27-2015 at 08:59 AM

Anyone remember the desalinization plant at BOLA?
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2016 at 11:51 AM

We are now in may 2016 and the work is done. A geocache is placed and I received photos from top of the radio relay hill. My original idea has been to place the Memoriam Sonntlan geocache at top of the radio relay hill. From there you will have a fantastic view over the Baja California. The first who investigate the area there has been Harald 4x4abc. During summertime 2014 he try to climb up the hill to take some photos. But he run into problems which are before unknown to me. All around the Radio hill are now fences and gates which make it difficulty to arrive the “parking place” position. This produce a lot of delay to him and finally he gave up to arrive the top. Please see his report in this threat about the problems. To my time there have been no fences and gates at all.

Later on ncampion offers me to climb up the hill and take photos there. But than the hurricane Odile arrives the Baja California and stops all activities.

Longer time after Odile I placed a new call at this threat. Tom TMW and his friend Bill offers me to have a look to the radio hill. Also both, coming from the north, running into fences and gates. At a ranch the meet the owner of it, Mr. Salvador. He said the way up the hill is very difficulty due to heavy rain just before. So the stop further activities that time.

In April 2016 Tom wrote me they start a new expedition with a team to Baja California. We discussed about the place of the geocache. We decided it not to place on top the hill it will to difficulty to go to this place instead Tom made another proposal. After return of the expedition I get the confirmation pictures from the radio hill are taken and the geocache is placed.

As I wrote in this threat I offer the following: the first three geocache hunter which find this geocache will receive from me a video of the constructions time of project Sonntlan Baja California.
The first three geocache hunter must do the following:
Open the geocache box and write to the logbook name, date and time. Make a photo about the content of the box as well as a photo from the logbook entry. Note down the codeword which is placed inside the box. Send me a mail with attached photos as well as the codeword to joachim.paul@gmx.com in return I will send you the video of the constructions time of project Sonntlan as mail attachment in several pieces.

The details to the geocache you will find at www.geocaching.com and there with the code GC6GP8N. Position of the geocache 25 47.900 N 111 59.260 W
If you found the geocache please sign in to www.geocaching.com and confirm your finding details there.

At www.info-inmarsat.gmxhome.de and there under “Project Sonntlan at Las Barrancas” you will find a lot of details as well as many pictures of it.
Happy geocache hunting wishes:
Joachim
from Hamburg in Germany
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-18-2016 at 11:36 AM

The first geocache at Baja California Sur westcoast is placed now.
Have a look to www.geocaching.com and the code GC6GP8N

At www.info-inmarsat.gmxhome.de and there under “Project Sonntlan at Las Barrancas” you will find a lot of details as well as many pictures of it.
bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2016 at 06:22 AM

We still waiting for the first finder of this geocache.
Of course this place is a challenge but the first 3 finder will receive a video from me and will earn the honor :-). For the details please look to:
www.geocaching.com and the code GC6GP8N
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-9-2016 at 07:03 AM

Good luck with the Geocache. The sport in Baja began about 16 years ago with a cache hidden by Timothy Walker (of the former TimsBaja.com website). In 2001, my friends and I found Tim's "Baja Boulder" geocache... north of Coco's Corner. I also hid 4 in Baja back in 2001 and one is still active. Finding the Baja Boulder Cache: http://www.vivabaja.com/van1/page11.html

A geocache I hid in 2001 is still active: https://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC6CB_viva-baja-2

[Edited on 6-9-2016 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2016 at 07:53 AM

Hi David, thank you for the information. I´m realy willing to find your geocaches but i´m about 9300 KM away from Baja California so i will have little problems with it :-). Greatings from Hamburg in Germany
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2016 at 08:01 AM

Hello! I too like the sport of Geocaching, but have not done any for many years. It was fun when my kids were younger and liked the high tech 'hide-and-seek' game. Life sometimes gets in the way of doing all the fun things we would like to.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 10:49 AM

New details and new photos at www.dj7wl.darc.de

click to: Ein Forschungsprojekt der Bundesrepublik Deutschland und eine
Wette Memorian Sonntlan Geocache look here

[Edited on 11-8-2017 by bajagerman]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-8-2017 at 11:04 AM

Yes, I see you added photos from TW (TMW, Tom) to the page.

bajagerman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2017 at 03:27 AM

Not only this, i added in the meantime also your photos now
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2017 at 07:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajagerman  
Not only this, i added in the meantime also your photos now

Oh yes, I see that. Glad you could use them!

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.