Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Medical Marijuana Another Side
jeff

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 09:33 AM
Medical Marijuana Another Side

My first post and it has to be this, oh boy I'm in for it. Lots of info out for it's medical use IF one cares to look...

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/08/08/health/gupta-changed-mind-...
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 11:10 AM

welcome to the fray Jeff...way to jump right in there with both feet buddy! Now that you broke the ice we look forward to more intelligent posts!!!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 11:15 AM

About time....maybe Sanjay can pull some weight to legalize it.
BigLou

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 06:39 PM
MJ debate - CNN 8pm tonight

David E and I will be watching. Check it out.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 06:51 PM

Why?

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 08:51 PM

i personally think dr. gupta has changed the spin the feds will put on this herb...this is a huge step in the right direction medically and morally.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 09:04 AM

very interesting article, indeed. welcome to bajanomad land.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 09:18 AM

DavidE has not had a television for 30-years for good reason.

If you read my posts and replies it would be OBVIOUS I am not anti-marijuana, far from it. I am however strongly against hypocrisy. Like against the idea of driving stoned, trying to be as productive in the workplace when you cannot recall what happened ten seconds earlier, ingesting superheated distillates of burning vegetation and claiming it is harmless. Suggesting cops and the military will laugh at finding a lid inside your car.

What I AM strongly against as well, is the idea that LEGALIZING MARIJUANA is the cure all panacea that will stop the senseless violence in Mexico. That Joe Blow potsmoker will reject cheaper Mexican pot and furthermore the average potsmoker would reject much cheaper Mexican pot because of ethics.

Marijuana has been proven beyond a doubt to be a near miracle for people undergoing chemotherapy. Ever undergone chemo? No? Let me tell you it is hell on earth. Eight months of it. Try withstanding an hour of a MUSTAGENE c-ckTAIL dripping into a vein. Would I have SMOKED pot to treat the agony of puking bile into the toilet? NO! Not only NO but HELL NO! I would take taken it by capsule or even brownies, but because of what superheated smoke does to body tissue smoking ANYTHING is out.

Hundreds of tons of MEXICAN MARIJUANA enters the USA every year to satisfy the habits of those who could give a good gosh darnN about Mexico and Mexicans. I am supposed to be tolerant of billions of dollars worth of bullets, Barrett Sniper Rifles, and grenades in the hands of fanatics who use boiling acid and decapitation to deal with the "competition"?

LEGALIZATION IS NOT GOING TO STOP THIS! Realize it and realize why. Cheaper Mexican pot will ALWAYS rule the market and bales of US Dollars will always pay for bullets who kill people in Mexico because "ethical" marijuana users REFUSE to take a stand. They hide behind people who have legitimate reasons for using marijuana and who would make damned sure their pot does not fund murder and mayhem.

You personally may have enough sense to overcome this but realize the following, a great majority of those who support the legalization of marijuana do so to get CHEAP POT AT ANY PRICE. Find a way to fix this quandary and I will get behind the legalization movement whole-heartedly. Untaxed Mexican marijuana will ALWAYS BE CHEAPER than USA pot. There will be killing down here because of the insistence of millions of knotheads to not change it because legal, moral, and ethical pot will cost more.

Got it?

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
i personally think dr. gupta has changed the spin the feds will put on this herb...this is a huge step in the right direction medically and morally.

AMEN. :saint:

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 11:38 AM

Quote:
is the idea that LEGALIZING MARIJUANA is the cure all panacea that will stop the senseless violence in Mexico.
They hide behind people who have legitimate reasons for using marijuana and who would make damned sure their pot does not fund murder and mayhem.

Saw SOME of that program last nite, the part I saw didn't
mention Mex, they were focused on the benefits of weed grown in the US, apparently there are a few 'licensed,
approved growers' of medical Pot, which was news to me.
No doubt the Pot Pharamicies in the US, at least in
CA, seem to have a few clients that don't use the weed

medically, ironically the weed grown by one
particular US grower who INTENTIONALLY breeds out
the THC for use by legitimate medical users, raising
the % of another chemical in weed which is the benefical
part
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 01:07 PM

sancho,

Your post makes sense. Thank you.

I got caught in a balacera between LFM and Los Zetas in downtown Lazaro Card##as Michoacan. It wasn't funny. Pilar age 8 fell down crying and Dalia age 6 peeed her panties. A chip off the storefront of Bodega Aurrera nicked my forehead and blood was running into my eyes as I dragged both girls to the car and threw them in the back seat on the floor. Pilar ripped off part of her tee shirt and held it to my forehead as I jumped the curb and headed for the main boulevard. I stopped in La Mira and got stitched up. Tres puntas. My forehead bears the scar from ----------- who paid in full for my real life experience with the meaning of absolute arrogant stupidity. Cheap marijuana at any cost.

If I could have I'd have teleported a dozen of them from the states and used them for sandbags. The ---holes will march a dozen miles in their Nike's and Zoomie Stretchers to protest child labor in Thailand, but do nothing but insist on NOT BUYING BLOOD SOAKED POT - no way in hell.

I am finished with this subject pending that nice word from sancho. A small ray of hope.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 03:13 PM

coincidentally, our attorney general today has declared that all prisoners in fed prisons with a "drug related, non aggressive" crime...(and i'm sure i quoted that wrong), will at least be considered for early release....do you think this had anything to do with sanje gupta's cnn documentary, "WEEDS"????.....i do...da world she be a changin'..

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2013 at 06:17 PM
medical marijuana

Realm of Caring is one such company as referenced by Sancho and Dr. Gupta. They're legal growers of hybridized plant that's extremely low in THC, the psychotropic part, and high in CBD, the part that's being scientifically proven to be medicinally therapeutic as treatment of various dis-ease such as convulsions. You can read in their archives studies indicating that CBD is an analgesic, anti-emetic, anti-convulsive and shows anti-carcinogenic properties; CBD in combination with THC is showing anti-inflammatory properties "while antagonizing some undesirable effects of THC including intoxication, sedation and tachycardia."

It goes on. Mind you, in these clinical trials nobody's sitting around smokin' dubies, homegrown or smuggled from somewhere. The herb has been made into a distillation and is taken in measured liquid doses, I believe.

Anyway, there's my 2cents and lead-in.
Study it yourself if you're interested.

Here's there basic info. from their Facebook page:
About
Non-profit organization improving the lives of families in Colorado.
Mission
The Realm is passionate about
R.esearch
E.ducation &
A.dvocacy while improving
L.ives through
M.easureable results
Company Overview
The Realm of Caring Foundation is an approval based program that assists families in receiving special strains of cannabis for their unique health care situation through approved dispensaries.
Description
For the most prompt service, please email realmofcaring@gmail.com
General Information
LEGAL NOTICE: The Realm of Caring Foundation specifically invokes the First Amendment rights of freedom of speech and of the press without prejudice. The products discussed are not intended to diagnose, cure, prevent or treat any disease but are proven useful for health and life extension. ROC will always recommend when and wherever possible that licensed local healthcare professionals be consulted.

Basic Info
Founded 2012
Location 6547 N Academy Blvd #545, Colorado Springs, Colorado 80918
Contact Info
Phone Toll Free phone and fax: 888-995-THE-REALM (888-995-8437)
Email realmofcaring@gmail.com
Website http://realmofcaring.com

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
jeff

[*] posted on 8-13-2013 at 04:32 PM

Mulegena, WOW thanks for that!! I just read all the "personal stories" http://realmofcaringfoundation.org/stories/ and it is nothing short of miracles and sadly will never make mainstream media...maybe one day. Again thanks for taking the time.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2013 at 08:02 PM

You're welcome, Jeff.
You might be fascinated with their archived scientific studies.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
jeff

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 05:34 AM

Mulegena, looked high and low on their site and couldn't find any studies, got a link?
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 06:35 AM
Realm of Caring

Sure, hang on a minute...

ok, I just did a quick search on their website and didn't find it. That's too bad. However, look at their Facebook homepage at the top and click on DOCs. There you'll find many, many research papers. I figured they'd have those docs on their website, too. Pretty convincing scientific-based reading, basically comprehensible to the general public.

bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 06:53 AM

"basically comprehensible to the general public" :lol:

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 06:56 AM

I don't have all the answers, but can't we agree that the war on drugs is a failure. High costs, overcrowded prisons, ruined lives. Why can't we put together the top minds on the subject and come up with a new plan. We must stop the lies that are used to promote this war?

Dorado Don
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2013 at 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajacalifornian
"basically comprehensible to the general public" :lol:

That was said, not to be snotty, but to inform that Realm of Caring has provided access to a lot of information that, at least in their summaries, is quite understandable to the reader as opposed to the deep-scientific jargon of heavy scientific research papers-- that's there, too, if you're so inclined.

I'm not casting a vote or giving my opinion on whether MaryJane should be legalized in the US or Baja or anywhere else. Nobody's asking me, and I'm not volunteering yea or nay. I'm saying that I'm pleased that science is really taking a look at this ancient plant and hope it will help to dispel the controversy & violence, and best of all restore health to sick people.

Now, here's a short clip showing how professionals can even goof up. http://tv.greenmedinfo.com/texas-cops-raid-farm-commune-mist...

[Edited on 8-15-2013 by Mulegena]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.