BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Best little no-tell motel in Ensenada
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 06:53 AM
Best little no-tell motel in Ensenada

Had some business to attend to in Ensenada, and was looking for a place to stay for the evening. Since I had so much luck with Hotel Otay in Otay Mesa, a no-tell motel type right on the border, I decided to check out Hotel Sena in Ensenada. It is right across the carretera from Hotel Coral. I didn't want to be near all the hustle and bustle of the center of town, wanted somewhere quiet. It seems these types of hotels are very, very clean, have their own drive in garage, and are very nice inside, very well kept up for only $300 pesos a night. La Bufadora Hotel is about the same price and it is extremely run down and dirty. You are only about 5 minutes from the center of town and right next door is a large Soriana supermarket, and about 2 minutes from El Sauzal. I was in the front of the building and you can hear some traffic, but not enough to cause a disturbance. Around the other side of the Soriana is another similar hotel, newly built that I will try next time I come to Ensenada because it is on a road with less traffic, but you could also ask for a room more towards the back of the complex. Even my daughter remarked, Mom, how come Hotel Coral charges so much and these rooms are just as nice? They also have larger rooms with a Jacuzzi and a swing for $500 pesos, ha ha my daughter wanted that room but I told her no, I just want something quiet no commotion, maybe next time.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 07:43 AM

some friends of ours said the same thing about that hotel...they really liked it...they had a pole for dancing in their room!!!:biggrin: gotta love inside parking too

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
zoesterone
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 07:49 AM

These places are the very best bargain. You get so much more for your money. Just don't turn on the t.v.. LOL. When we travel, we always look for them.

Dogs are not our whole life, but make our lives whole.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 08:05 AM

Do they rent the rooms for longer than twenty minutes? :lol:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 08:41 AM

You know Dennis we first stopped at that hotel in Chapultepec on the hill,, Hotel Vista. Someone told me that the place was very clean and a good bargain. The outside sign said 180 pesos, and when I went there he said $420 pesos, he said $180 for 3 hours. Yes the Sena was for all night till 12 noon the next day. The Sena was very convenient, gotta love it...yeah my daughter turned on the TV on the Hotel Otay, and when she got to channel 69 she screamed!! I told her don't go above channel 68!!
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 08:43 AM

Quote:

20 minutes??? Are you dreaming of your teen years??:biggrin::biggrin:

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 08:47 AM

They don't call Dennis Speedy Gonzalez for nothing!! JK, couldn't resist that one!!:tumble:
Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:

20 minutes??? Are you dreaming of your teen years??:biggrin::biggrin:
BajaTom

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 09:45 AM

Used these frequently on the mainland when traveling back and forth from Guatemala in early nineties. As others note, very secure.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 10:03 AM

My favorite is "El Conquistador" in Guacamayas Michoacan.

Sign pictures a fully armor clad soldier carrying a winsome indian maiden. They take security pretty seriously. I had to stay at one in Tehunatepec, Oaxaca a few years ago and the owner manager claimed the walls were "extra soundproof". Now the Hotel Bahia, well that's a little different - a person can hear all the action floor to floor.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
dirtbikr
Junior Nomad

Mood: start slow....then taper off!

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 10:18 AM

The garages have curtains so that a macho husband can pull the curtain on his car so that he can hide it from his wifey that's looking for him. On weekends they only rent for a short stays, not overnite.

If you\'re not living on the EDGE... You\'re taking up too much room! Its never too late for a darkside.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 11:15 AM

Wanna see some f-a-s-t reaction? A woman walking past the entrance and into the motel area.

¿Señora, may I help you?

I am looking for a cabron. He blew all our money on la loteria and brandi with his drunken friends and I just know he is here with that, that Mala Mujer!

I am sorry señora, but all of our guests demand privacy and you cannot pull back the curtains to see the cars parked inside.

This one does not have a car. He has a burra. All I need to do and stand here and she will honk her horn for me to know where.

Señora perhaps you will be more comfortable inside the office...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 11:36 AM

Quote:

Photo credit to tripledigitken

[Edited on 8-19-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 12:40 PM

This one has an electric garage door that closes with the touch of a button. I just checked out the Sil that is around the corner...much noiser and not nearly as nice!!
Quote:
Originally posted by dirtbikr
The garages have curtains so that a macho husband can pull the curtain on his car so that he can hide it from his wifey that's looking for him. On weekends they only rent for a short stays, not overnite.
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 01:46 PM

Yah, we've stayed at the Hacienda in Ensenada (one block up Alvarado from La Guerrerense), which I lovingly call Hotel Doscientos Veinte Pesos. On a weeknight, it's a decent bargain (though, like all motel rooms in Mexico, no freaking power outlets unless you unplug the TV). On the weekend, though, it's 950$ for two beds and at that point you might as well stay at the Hotel Coral.

The best example, though, is Motel Buhos in El Porvenir. Why spend $200 a night at Endémico when you can spend $40 and drive your car into your room?
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 01:56 PM

"drive your car into your room" ..... And work on it ... if need be :):)

aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 8-19-2013 at 02:53 PM

Normally no-tels are good for 4 hours Fri-sat and Sunday-ish - depending on the demand. Overnights on off days. The room service is decent, in and out privileges are restricted to the room...

The border area has a lot of these hotels. They are good for crashing if you are too tired for the 5 hour border wait, arribas and a great afternoon get-away from the kids that won't stop knocking on the bedroom door.

Our favorite is Villa Dorada. Hotel Premier is closest to San Ysidro crossing
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 8-22-2013 at 08:27 PM

They also have a few in Mexicali, one was near the Mexicali airport, and what a bargain to escape 114 degrees heat!!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-23-2013 at 10:54 AM

Quote:

Dennis,
Okay....so....several minutes to get settled in the room and make sure the door is locked....then five minutes to have a Pacifico or "whatever"....10 minutes of begging...some hot-and-heavy....

So you can get dressed and out the door in two minutes? :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 8-23-2013 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by aguachico
.... in and out privileges are restricted to the room...

Uhhh, if you were adventurous, couldn't you do that in the private garage area? :lol::lol:

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2013 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged

So you can get dressed and out the door in two minutes? :biggrin:

With time to spare. I wonder if they give refunds for unused time and grandiose expectations? :saint:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.