Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6
Author: Subject: ALERT ALERT. Juliette has formed very close to Los Cabos
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BFS
Wow, what a night in Todos Santos! Town looks like a war zone. Electricity finally came on at 6pm. It was a violent, damaging south wind. The rain was not a problem
Our palapa over the garage took flight and landed 80 yards away. So lucky it didnt hit ours or someone elses house or a car. That thing must weigh 800+pounds. I still cant find the bathroom skylight. Lots of roof tiles gone and the recycling is at the bottom of the pool. The plants all look like they went 12 rounds with Tyson. Loks like a loooong cleanup weeked ahead. On the bright side a turtle laid 129 eggs in a nest out front and the waves were firing!
It was crazy how fast this thing moved through, one minute I was enjoying a pleasant evening laying in my hammock and the next thing I knew it was blowing 40mph. I found stuff from my carport 100 meters away and mopped up 5 gallons of water that blew under the bedroom door. One of the wildest things was the sight of the arcing power lines in Pescadero. Everybody with a palapa here had damage. On a more tragic note, I read that a family of 3 died at Rancho Sueño Tropical of carbon monoxide poisoning from running a generator in their house.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
hdn2mx
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 08:55 PM

Thanks to everybody with all the updates. Monoloco..... love the weather station and the info it provides. I have a place down towards la playa in Pescadero so it's great to see whats happening.

Now as far as the family of 3 at Rancho Sueno Tropical, super sad, and I'm really concerned where that Rancho is. A really good friend of ours has a place named that up north of Todos by La Pastora. So i'm making some calls.

If anybody has more info on that, please post! Thanks, RT
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-29-2013 at 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco. On a more tragic note, I read that a family of 3 died at Rancho Sueño Tropical of carbon monoxide poisoning from running a generator in their house.

That is so sad.

Pages:  1  ..  4    6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.