Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: los naranjos
bajamoosey

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 09:03 AM
los naranjos

we are thinking about buying a lot at los naranjos but have heard some bad things mostly about armando the owner anybody have any information ?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajamoosey
we are thinking about buying a lot at los naranjos but have heard some bad things mostly about armando the owner anybody have any information ?

Welcome to BajaNomad, bajamoosey.

If that's all the information you have, something you heard, feel fortunate and run like the wind. You don't need to know any more.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 09:43 AM

Agree with Dennis- run like the wind!!
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 09:50 AM

What they said.

Any move to "buy" property in Mexico should be delayed until the goverment finalizes their move to allow foreigners to buy within the coastal zone.

IMO
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
What they said.

Any move to "buy" property in Mexico should be delayed until the goverment finalizes their move to allow foreigners to buy within the coastal zone.

IMO

Just don't hold your breath while you wait. :lol:
Debbie

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 10:35 AM

My husband and I own property in Los Naranjos and have never had any problems with Senior Armando. He has always treated us fair. He does watch out for all the property in the development, so I think that is why you might of heard something bad. But the good news is when you are not around your property he is watching out for it:) It is a really beautiful place <3

We are selling our beautiful property on the Bay of Conception close to Mulege

http://www.misionloreto.com/two-adjacent-beachfront-lots-on-...
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 10:35 AM

No information, but maybe go down there and talk to the other lot owners and some of the locals. That will give you a better picture of what is actually going on. I'm not sure why some on this board are always discouraging others from property deals when many of them live down here happily. There are a lot of good oportunities down here, you just need to find one that is right for you.
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
I'm not sure why some on this board are always discouraging others from property deals when many of them live down here happily. There are a lot of good oportunities down here, you just need to find one that is right for you.
Larry

I have a high regard for the power of rumor down here...especially negative rumor. So much of it turns out to be prophetic.
But, you're right. He should look further into it before making a decision. Just don't make inquiries at a house with "4-sale" signs.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 10:57 AM

Check or search posts with Mexray who was there for years.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 11:49 AM

I thought it was naranjAs, but it doesn't matter. What I'm curious about is - how bad rumors about the owner can affect the decision to buy or not to buy? Other than possible but unlikely scenario of pure scam, i.e. when you pay money and never get anything in return, - after you've bought it and signed a Fideicomisco making the bank a legal owner, it doesn't matter who you - or, rather, the bank - bought it from.

Unless of course you are "buying a lease" like many foreigners do, paying some 20-30-40K and getting the right to camp on this lot, on uncertain lease conditions and with no property rights, possibly with some structures already existing on the lot, and paying annual camping fees same as you did before. Then - yes, it does matter who is the seller because he remains the owner and your landlord.

In either scenario, there can be such thing as "federal land" - few feet of the beach next to the high tide line - and there are restrictions on what you can put there.

[Edited on 9-10-2013 by Alm]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Alm
I thought it was naranjAs, but it doesn't matter.

Not sure, although they are different words entirely......naranjos being orange trees, and naranjas being oranges.
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 01:29 PM

Larry and Dennis are correct. During my time in El Burro I have spoken to several people that live(d) in Naranjos that are not happy. Some said the rent had been increased in the middle of the contract etc. (Fighting a Mexican for your "rights" in Mexico is more than an uphill battle.) I have no idea if what they said is true or false or if there is more to the story. The residents will be happy to talk to you. As Dennis suggests, don't expect an accurate opinion when talking to the residents that have homes for sale!!!
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 01:47 PM

Just remember that a lease in Mexico is only valid for a maximum of 10 years, after that you have nothing and no leverage for bargaining.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Just remember that a lease in Mexico is only valid for a maximum of 10 years, after that you have nothing and no leverage for bargaining.

Also keep in mind, leases here are much more often rental agreements and all parties have to be in Mexico with legal status to even begin litigation should the need arise.
Don't enter into a "lease/rental agreement" if you aren't assured of the honor which motivates a landlord, and keep in mind his successors who will, or won't, honor his agreements.
The lease isn't for everybody....certainly not the insecure who won't get away from the American mindset of law protecting them.
Also....nothing is forever. Nothing.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
What they said.

IMO

Do you have any current knowledge of any movement towards that, or does it still fit under the category of when pigs fly?

This same government is seemingly trying to allow constitutional change for badly needed foreign involvement in petroleum development and is facing very stiff opposition.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 05:34 PM

ah yes...naranjo, ja, ji...whatever...we've heard both bad and "ok" stuff...nothing really really good but it's really really good clam digging down there so i like armando and everyone around as i don't have to pay for my "improvements"...which is not quite like, "ownership"...both of these things can be rewarding but it's all up to the "landlord" how you get a final "happy ending"...really...was i clear here???...

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 05:52 PM

It's been in various news reports for the last couple of months, it's working it's way through the gov. process. Will it happen, time will tell.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/24/mexico-land-buying-...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
Quote:
What they said.

IMO

Do you have any current knowledge of any movement towards that...............

[Edited on 9-11-2013 by tripledigitken]
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2013 at 09:34 PM

Come down and rent... for at least a year.
Get your feet on the ground and really get to know what's going on.
I'm a fulltimer in Mulege and fully integrated into the community. Feel free to u2u.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 9-11-2013 at 08:39 AM

Quote:

I have friends that have a beach front property on the spit down here in Punta Banda. They told me that they had to pay the land owner $120,000 CASH upfront to get their 50 year lease.
:o:o:o

[Edited on 9-11-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2013 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

I have friends that have a beach front property on the spit down here in Punta Banda. They told me that they had to pay the land owner $120,000 CASH upfront to get their 50 year lease.
:o:o:o

[Edited on 9-11-2013 by durrelllrobert]
Maybe the term of that lease is in dog years.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.