Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  114    116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
LVPatton
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 03:48 PM

July 2017 remains were found not far from where vehicle was found with some personal belongings (car keys). Took over a year to match DNA.
tobias
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 05:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LVPatton  
July 2017 remains were found not far from where vehicle was found with some personal belongings (car keys). Took over a year to match DNA.

I am so sorry. I hope having the remains will help bring you closure.
LVPatton
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 06:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by tobias  

I am so sorry. I hope having the remains will help bring you closure.

Thanks, it has.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 07:32 PM

RIP Gary and thanks for sharing that he is going "home".

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 07:42 PM

Wow, a long time coming but at least his remains were found and there is some closure. Does it appear to have been foul play involved?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 07:44 PM

And shortly there will be closure to the most replied-to thread in the history of Nomads.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 10:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
RIP Gary and thanks for sharing that he is going "home".

Thank you for sharing and providing closure. Gary has been in our thoughts for a long time.

[Edited on 12-10-2018 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 12:08 PM

Sounds like the original search was not very thorough.

Somebody remind me, was his car removed fairly quickly from the original location it was found? Did that complicate the original search?
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 01:09 PM

still.......every time a grey 3rd generation 4runner with a rack is spotted, one of us will mutter "gary patton":(
I guess we'll never really know what happened ?
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 01:48 PM

Interesting that they found car keys with him yet Lizard Lips stated in April 2014 that they found car keys in the car. The rancher thought the car had been there a week as he had been in the area earlier and did not see it. I don't remember any organized search other that what the rancher did and the police.
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 03:30 PM

Sorry for the sad ending but thankful for closure for you.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 06:39 PM

What likely happened is that he left the car to find help digging it out and couldn’t find his way back to the vehicle. That can easily happen to anyone cause one ravine looks like another. Most deaths are little things that become big things.

Whatever happened I suspect the Payton family knows.
Goyo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 07:31 PM

I frequently travel solo into remote Baja. Every trip I've taken since his disappearance, I have thought of him. And I also think of his loved ones and how painful it must be for them. Baja is such a vast place, which is the lure for many of us. But things can go wrong quickly despite how prepared and careful we are. Gary will always be in my thoughts while I'm in the heart of that vastness. My deepest condolences to all his loved ones.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-10-2018 at 09:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
What likely happened is that he left the car to find help digging it out and couldn’t find his way back to the vehicle. That can easily happen to anyone cause one ravine looks like another. Most deaths are little things that become big things.

Whatever happened I suspect the Payton family knows.

We all got theories. I think he had a a heart attack, stroke, aneurism, etc., and that was the very quick end of the story.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2018 at 08:59 AM

" … Every trip I've taken since his disappearance, I have thought of him. And I also think of his loved ones and how painful it must be for them. Baja is such a vast place, which is the lure for many of us. … . Gary will always be in my thoughts while I'm in the heart of that vastness. My deepest condolences to all his loved ones."

x2 My thoughts exactly. I thought of Gary often. RIP, and hugs to his loved ones.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-23-2018 at 01:23 PM

I had set up a notification in my email for this thread. Always wondered what happened to him. So sad. The weather in Baja can be unforgivable. I guess we all need GPS as a rule of thumb to travel the more isolated roads in Baja. Evidently Gary took a wrong turn. I guess the ranch hands found him eventually on horseback.

God Bless the family and Gary. I guess though this gives some closure to the family.
 Pages:  1  ..  114    116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.