Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 06:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by soulpatch  
Quote: Originally posted by MrBillM  
".......So there are at lease two other issues........"

Whose name is on the lease ?

Does Joe know the answer ?

No, but he will analyze the flock out of any thing posted and demand empirical evidence.
And, he will post about things he has heard about and post it as fact, especially when it comes to behavior and logic.

Man, sorry, couldn't help myself..... all gods, please forgive me.

I hope the Patton family finds peace in this some way. It is a hell of a thing.

Hey Soulpatch, did I question when you claimed to run out of your house naked 200 yards, chasing a thief and catching him by your teeth on the fence. I only told you, I was surprised, that you weren't arrested for indecent exposure, regardless the reason why you were out in the neighborhood naked, according to your story.

No I'm not looking for deep "empirical evidence," nor do I consider myself, a conspiracy theorists. I'm just asking people, to use a bit of common sense, especially in regards to the PI, and his team.

Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 1-10-2015 at 11:33 AM

This sums up this entire thread=:no:

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-10-2015 at 12:17 PM
As Joe Says ................

Repeatedly above:

".........I am at a lost.........."

Improperly worded (as usual), but SO true.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 1-10-2015 at 03:10 PM

:lol::lol:

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 8-19-2015 at 05:45 PM

We need to forget, yet the circumstances surrounding Gary's disappearance still deserve to be remembered as coming up this September 3rd will mark the two year anniversary that Gary disappeared. The effort and thought that went into trying to brainstorm and solve the disappearance truly still amazes me as so many tried to help from their various roosting spots in Baja. As all seemed lost, the appearance of his truck with his last few meals still in tact after 6 months was truly an amazing twist to the story. It was a fascinating truer than life scenario, yet the sad part was that it was real life and that there was no happy ending. I would like to offer my condolences to the Patton family and wish that one day we will find out what happened to Gary to bring closure to this terrible tragedy.The Nomads certainly did their best to assist and I want to thank them all as well. For those that believe in God, let's offer a moment in prayer for the family and friends that knew and loved him and that they will know a peaceful ending.
Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
mburros of course is m - a - s - s - e - s

Those aren't nice words to use against fellow forum members Baja Blanca.

I'm at a lost why so many forum members don't challenge a few things Baja Blanca is saying in her last couple of posts.

I don't know if people are just trying to be nice, and are just scared of being attacked as being insensitive, or that I took a wrong turn four years ago, and I'm in the Twilight zone where everything is reverse, and that up is really down, and right is wrong, and so on.

Forums are stupid places where members shoot the breeze and give opinions. People shouldn't be afraid to give your opinion, even if it's unpopular, and if its' a subject involving death, there should be grieving period, but even that period has to end sometime.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 08:39 AM

So, it's been just over two years since Gary vanished and right now (Sept. 16, 2015) a new thread on Nomad is being altered to protect descriptions of where three surfers were stuck and had no Spot or DeLorme device... or satellite phone... to ease the worries of family members or get help (if needed). Is someone's life not more important than secrets?

Actually, the location of the Seven Sisters is only a secret in their minds. Nobody is making anyone tell the exact beach they like, but maps and Google Earth shows all the roads surfers use. Let's hope rescue is not prevented over any fear of revealing a place where one rides a wave!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 08:51 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

a new thread on Nomad is being altered to protect descriptions of where three surfers were

At the request of the three surfers.

They don't want people to know where they were.

Ok with me and probably every other surfer who reads this message board.

[Edited on 9-16-2015 by SFandH]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 09:04 AM

People's lives are more important than where someone went surfing.... but silly me for expressing such a ridiculous thing, right?

At least quote the full sentence I wrote:

"So, it's been just over two years since Gary vanished and right now (Sept. 16, 2015) a new thread on Nomad is being altered to protect descriptions of where three surfers were stuck and had no Spot or DeLorme device... or satellite phone... to ease the worries of family members or get help (if needed). Is someone's life not more important than secrets?"

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 09:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

At least quote the full sentence I wrote:

"So, it's been just over two years since Gary vanished and right now (Sept. 16, 2015) a new thread on Nomad is being altered to protect descriptions of where three surfers were stuck and had no Spot or DeLorme device... or satellite phone... to ease the worries of family members or get help (if needed). Is someone's life not more important than secrets?"

OK

At the request of the three surfers.

They don't want people to know where they were.

Ok with me and probably every other surfer who reads this message board.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 09:18 AM

Actually, I have surfing Nomad friends who think it is ridiculous the amount of hype by (about 3) surfers here put on secret places in a well-known region. It is the bad roads that keep out most, not any secrets.

Altering or deleting threads to remove anything is fine with me, but to say why, is what had me chuckling.

Thank you for understanding.
Lives come first!

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 09:25 AM

David,
You need to understand that some folks forget that you are always right.

Adventure has its risks....

Don't believe everything you think....
Enrique2012
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 10:18 AM

David, your logic is sound. Secrecy over well-being (especially when it comes to something as trivial as a surfing spot) is foolish. However, I believe it's a mistake to turn your back on Darwin's theory - the stupid will die off (except here in America where we protect them and place them in high positions of power).

I no longer worry about such people. If you're willing to die to keep your surfing location secret - adios. Millions will follow down the same stupid path, the sun will rise, and I will continue on with my day. If I worried about every fool and their foolish decisions I would probably be out campaigning for Hillary.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 10:54 AM

Thank you Enrique!

There is a large gap in perceptions here. That along with personal needs or just entertainment have all sorts of replies flying about.

I like to think of Nomad as both a campfire conversation where people with different beliefs can freely discuss things and leave as friends, as well as an information source for traveling to Baja or studying its past.

For some reason, a few are here for drama and have to make snide remarks or insults to get a fix? Posting a photo that shows how false the populist notion that sea levels are dangerously higher than ever sure has them worked up, and with no photo from them showing the opposite is true!

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 11:19 AM

An interesting conundrum for sure. Americans sure do love their privacy, but we're speaking of a public safety issue, not to mention a family's peace of mind. Are those concerns somehow less important than the need to keep a secret?

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 11:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Enrique2012  
David, your logic is sound. Secrecy over well-being (especially when it comes to something as trivial as a surfing spot) is foolish.

Removing the posts that explained where those guys were surfing does not in any way jeopardize the well being of anybody.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 01:00 PM

This is not a surfer issue as much as a "getting stuck" and folks worrying when we don't call/arrive when expected.

Boy ....it will get interesting when the next motorcyclist shares their favourite tracks in Baja....oh....Casey Smith already did that....Bill Nichols didn't have a conniption fit when she publicized his "private" Baja tracks, but they ride together.

Up here in the frozen wastelands....I discourage folks from sharing GPS tracks of my favourite tracks (that many others found themselves somehow)....but , then again, I might have been a 'surfer" had our family stayed in California when I was four to five (California for two years)...:biggrin:

No secret places....just those that many folks don't know about.....yet.

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2015 at 11:13 PM

Two years is a long time. Where did you end up Sr. Gary?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
LVPatton
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 02:16 PM

Gary’s remains coming stateside today.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 02:20 PM

RIP

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 12-9-2018 at 02:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LVPatton  
Gary’s remains coming stateside today.

I must have missed something, he was found after all?
 Pages:  1  ..  113    115  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.