Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Is there a possible reason he might not want to be found.

Could be, Diane, and thanks. Remember Peter Jefferies? Daughter, Cynthia...also in Vegas if I remember correctly, put out a call here for assistance, and with flyers all over Rosarito, he surfaced and made it clear he was OK, just having fun and wanted to be left alone.

Anyway...good luck to the family on this one.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 11:48 AM

Is it possible to find out if he crossed the border into the US instead of heading south from SQ?
absinvestor
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 12:12 PM

On the subject of the reward mentioned by Dennis- I agree that it is a family decision but I would point to a couple of things. First it has been indicated that the family has the financial ability to pay for an air search so money might not be a problem. The way that Dennis referred to the reward ie verifiable info would help eliminate the bad actors. Rewards do sometimes work in Mexico. For example, I had a neighbor in Baja that had lost a dog. (I realize that there is no comparison betweeen a pet vs a human and this comment is only meant to show how a reward might work.) The dog had been missing for over a month. The neighbor had posted hundreds of flyers and had dozens of friends helping in the search. Wanting to try everything possible he amended the flyer to include a reward. Less than 1 day after a reward was offered a person came to his home and said he knew the location of the dog and wanted to know if the reward was still in effect. My neighbor gave him the reward and asked to be taken to the dog. Unfortunately the dog was deceased. The point here is not to suggest a bad outcome as we all hope for a perfect ending or to suggest that a missing dog is equivalent to a missing person. The point is that someone with knowledge who doesn't want to get involved (or who feels his information might not be usefull) might come forward if offered a reward.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 01:20 PM

Ok family is here in La Bocana! We have indeed talked about Gary......and he may be on meds that have him slightly confused and perhaps he lost track of time....brother and sister are hunting up and down the coast...they saw flyers, they talked to everyone in each town, now it's up to all of us with eyes and ears to look out for the hopefully just having fun in Baja Gary. Please keep up the positive thoughts.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 01:31 PM

Hope this has a good ending.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
Ok family is here in La Bocana! We have indeed talked about Gary......and he may be on meds that have him slightly confused and perhaps he lost track of time....

Now that is the type of information that can be very helpful to everyone who is looking and it should be on the flyers!

[Edited on 9-22-2013 by DianaT]
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:01 PM

This man has been gone how long? And this is just now coming out?

Not pertinent info from the beginning????

".....and he may be on meds that have him slightly confused and perhaps he lost track of time...."

Something has been just not quite right about this . . . all this time.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:25 PM

Quote:
......and he may be on meds that have him slightly confused and perhaps he lost track of time....

May be????? WTF is that supposed to mean?
What's his malady? What meds? Does he self-medicate? Is he a heavy drinker?
I wouldn't be looking for a drinker in a church or gas stations. Perhaps these flyers should be hung in bars, if this is the case.

Why so quiet about the pertinent details? Those who know are far beyond protecting a reputation....or his image.
It's time to lay all the cards on the table.

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:27 PM

Queen hi straight Dennis.....

BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:27 PM

so glad to hear the family made it to La Bocana! Thanks so much for the update, Blanca!

Yes, indeed I am joining in from here on the collective positive thoughts for Gary and his family! There is power in numbers!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:34 PM

Ok amigos, his family is not into computers...not a one brought a laptop, not a one brought an iphone....and I assume Gary is exactly the same. These folks are simple and sweet and we are just getting our feet wet, so to speak.

Be kind, be gentle and mostly, keep eyes open.

We heard a gringo had an accident in Mulege....anyone know about anything this? The number I have for Santa Rosalia hospital is not answering. Shoutout to anyone who might have a different number than I do: 615 152-0640.

Some campers said they saw an abandoned car in El Cardon that might be his?? I have no idea where El Cardon is, awaiting phonecall from the campers.

Edited to correct name to el cardon.

[Edited on 9-22-2013 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:40 PM

Quote:

Be kind, be gentle

Yes, Dear. :yes:

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:41 PM

El Cardonal is around Los Barriles.

It has been controversial - the campground/motel there.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:43 PM

Sorry sorry, not Cardonal but EL CARDON, somewhere near San Ignacio?

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:46 PM

@ Dennis, you are hysterical....I sure do hope we get to meet one day! When we do, be sure and ask me what my grandpa nicknamed me ((:

::lol::lol::lol:

Come visit La Bocana

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:52 PM

Jeez Blanca . . . try to get things straight before you put them out there, please.

Hoping for the best, but feel like lack of info from the beginning has really hindered this search.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula

Hoping for the best, but feel like lack of info from the beginning has really hindered this search.

Indeed!!!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 03:05 PM

It was a typo, and I didnt notice til you kindly answered......dont know el cardon and certainly dont know el cardonal !

Come visit La Bocana

jeff

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 03:52 PM

El Cardon is a surf spot 2 or 3 points north of Santa Rosalilita (SP).

Cheers, Jeff
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2013 at 04:04 PM

Thanks.

Come visit La Bocana

Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.