Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  108    110    112  ..  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
bent-rim
Nomad

Mood: Living la vida mota

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 06:10 PM

A forum site I belong to, non Baja related, has an ignore choice for posters you want to ignore.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bent-rim
A forum site I belong to, non Baja related, has an ignore choice for posters you want to ignore.

.......what fun would -that- be!?:O:?::(;)
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
Quote:
Originally posted by bent-rim

.......what fun would -that- be!?:O:?::(;)

Yep. It probably wouldn't be used much.

The attraction of these posters is similar to that of a road kill. Although it's an offensive sight you can't take your eyes off it. They are riveted to the horror of the scene.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-4-2014 at 11:19 PM

Wolfman Jack is back!!!
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 05:48 AM

...I received a very gracious note from kimberley R last night,,,an unexpected thanks for a very modest contribution.
...I had made the donation with an open mind to the situation,,,but get a clear impression of an open-hearted sort somewhere there,,,tho overwhelmed with all that life brings.

....it occurs to me there might be some benefit to set up a private forum for those who actually want to assist in an 'unconditional' manner,,so that support,,planning,and discussion might happen in a more focused way...let me know if that would be something I could do;)

[Edited on 9-5-2014 by micah202]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 06:36 AM

Quote:
.......it occurs to me there might be some benefit to set up a private forum for those who actually want to assist in an 'unconditional' manner,,so that support,,planning,and discussion might happen in a more focused way...let me know if that would be something I could do;)

I believe that's an excellent idea. BajaNomad has seemingly outlived it's usefulness in this matter and perhaps it's time to send it on to a different level in another venue. Perhaps a Facebook page would suit the need.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
.......it occurs to me there might be some benefit to set up a private forum for those who actually want to assist in an 'unconditional' manner,,so that support,,planning,and discussion might happen in a more focused way...let me know if that would be something I could do;)

I believe that's an excellent idea. BajaNomad has seemingly outlived it's usefulness in this matter and perhaps it's time to send it on to a different level in another venue. Perhaps a Facebook page would suit the need.

....umm,,me's of the opinion that 'friends don't let friends do facebook'...but there's many options for private message boards;D
volcano
Nomad

Mood: always pining to be there

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 07:00 AM

I received a private thank you from Kimberly today too for my paypal fund contribution.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 07:09 AM

It seems to me that if the family wanted the thank yous to be public they would have posted it here on the board. Isn't there a private contribution page called Plum? Whatever happened to anonymous giving?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 07:15 AM

Dennis there is already a page on the Plum fund that the family set up. What do you mean BajaNomad has outlived its usefulness in this matter? They have allowed Baja Blanca to post every statement from the family requesting aid and have allowed the family to post the link for the page for donations. Do you think Doug should run a public auction now? I don't get what you are stating. If people want to give that is fine. Now it's come to people tooting their own horn on a public forum that they have contributed. This is a new low in cyber donations.
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
It seems to me that if the family wanted the thank yous to be public they would have posted it here on the board. Isn't there a private contribution page called Plum? Whatever happened to anonymous giving?

...Y.E.S.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 07:20 AM

Here is the link to the page to give to Gary's family to aid in the search. They also list the names of the contributors and I don't see any recent contributions. Perhaps those that want to contribute can utilize the venue the family has set up.

http://www.plumfund.com/pf/zp5op

Yesterday marked the year anniversary of Gary's disappearance. Hopefully there will be more answers to the disappearance and the search and rescue for Gary will end soon by the family finding him.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 08:00 AM

Quote:
Dennis there is already a page on the Plum fund that the family set up. What do you mean BajaNomad has outlived its usefulness in this matter?

This issue here ceased being about Gary six months ago and morphed into a grotesque display of ego wrestling.
I think it's time to put it to rest.

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 08:02 AM

Yes I agree. But what is even more grotesque is a PDOD. (Public display of donations). If it's from the heart, do it. If you want everyone to know how much money you gave, it seems you want gratification more from an audience than from self-satisfaction.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 08:07 AM

Quote:
Yes I agree. But what is even more grotesque is a PDOD. (Public display of donations). If it's from the heart, do it. If you want everyone to know how much money you gave, it seems you want gratification more from an audience than from self-satisfaction.

.E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.
..you totally nailed it 'doctor' :yes:

...-god BLESS,,,and have a wonderful afternoon:spingrin::tumble:

[Edited on 9-5-2014 by micah202]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 08:25 AM

I didn't slam the family. I asked for a more specific outline of how the investigation and search would be conducted. With no clear outlines as to where the vehicle was found except a rudimentary map, all evidence that was found in the car discarded, and no one willing to collaborate with the Rancher or let others collaborate with the rancher as to the details, the search seems destined to be on hold.

I do care what happened to Gary. People that acknowledge a thank you? That is fine. But to publicize a thank you that clearly was sent in a private manner is quite another thing.
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
it seems you want gratification more from an audience than from self-satisfaction.

:lol::lol::lol:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 08:34 AM

Quote:
I didn't slam the family. I asked for a more specific outline of how the investigation and search would be conducted. With no clear outlines as to where the vehicle was found except a rudimentary map, all evidence that was found in the car discarded, and no one willing to collaborate with the Rancher or let others collaborate with the rancher as to the details, the search seems destined to be on hold.

I do care what happened to Gary. People that acknowledge a thank you? That is fine. But to publicize a thank you that clearly was sent in a private manner is quite another thing.

E.X.A.C.T.L.Y.
..you totally nailed it 'doctor',,,you've made my point abundantly clear now

...-god BLESS,,,and have a wonderful afternoon :yes::yes::yes:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 08:37 AM

Whatever. I am too busy as DENNIS says to have a battle of the egos today. Have a wonderful day all and a great weekend. I am getting to batten down the hatches for the big inudation that the Weather channel says we are getting on Monday.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2014 at 09:43 AM

I rest my case.

Pages:  1  ..  108    110    112  ..  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.