BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  111    113    115  116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 11:04 AM

you know how easy it is to get lost in that area? Many that have been experienced in traveling around Catavina have said the same thing. No I would prefer to have the rancher or someone who knows the area be my guide thank you. I don't want to become another statistic, though some wish I would follow your advice!! From what Lizard Lips last communicated with me, the rancher lives in Ensenada much of the time and I could have easily visited him. But I had a red light thrown at me when I asked who and where the rancher was, and "DON'T CONTACT ME AGAIN!!!"
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 11:12 AM

Oh well, I'm just trying to be helpful. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Enrique2012
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 11:19 AM

That appears to be a "Put up, or shut up" challenge and now we have our answer.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 11:23 AM

Yes and I genuinely appreciate that!! Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours!!
Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
Oh well, I'm just trying to be helpful. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 11:36 AM

well you know Enrique some people don't like others trampling on their comfort zones. For instance, I encourage anyone to think outside the box and don't mind someone giving their opinion about medicine. but I have been told to stay off the investigative territory because I should stick to medicine and I guess that's all they feel I am supposed to do.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 11:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
you know how easy it is to get lost in that area? Many that have been experienced in traveling around Catavina have said the same thing. No I would prefer to have the rancher or someone who knows the area be my guide thank you. I don't want to become another statistic, though some wish I would follow your advice!! From what Lizard Lips last communicated with me, the rancher lives in Ensenada much of the time and I could have easily visited him. But I had a red light thrown at me when I asked who and where the rancher was, and "DON'T CONTACT ME AGAIN!!!"

You have everything you need to conduct your search Doc. The GPS cords and a map will put you at the nearby ranch, hire someone from the ranch to be your guide. It really is as simple as that, go for it, take lots of pictures and post a trip report.

Good luck and Merry Christmas!

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 11:53 AM

Ron Hoff came on this board and said he got lost with a GPS in his car and he knows the area weill. I am not going off the main highway without a guide. From what I am hearing you need a truck and gary had a 4 x4 and got stuck. there would be no way I would go without someone experienced by my side.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 12:30 PM

Well then Lizard Lips who is the Rancher so if anyone else wants to locate and question him it might be helpful to know who he is. You said over your dead body you wouldn't release that information. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours BTW!!

EnsendaDr don't let these Nomads bully you.

Keep asking the questions, and the number one thing to always do, is follow the money trail and always ask who is involved.

Gary should have been declared dead over a year ago, a death certificate issued, the search party called off, and probably this thread should have been closed.

At this point even a recovery operation, is very unlikely to yield anything.

Baja Blanca in a few posts up, and a few others, claims there is a PI working for the case, and he is optimistic as she is, that Garry is alive, somewhere. And this Godsend PI is working on the cheap, and only wants expensive cover, for him and his team of dedicated searches who are probably on Gary's trail as we speak. Although nobody has heard from the PI.

And of course we don't know who this PI is.

LL says, there is no hidden agenda, or any shroud of secrecy, with any of the information posted.

Now you could just call me skeptical and call my out for my lack of faith.

[Edited on 12-24-2014 by JoeJustJoe]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 12:39 PM

It's all about power trips Joe. That's the bottom line..
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 12:59 PM

Ron Hoff came on this board and said he got lost with a GPS in his car and he knows the area weill. I am not going off the main highway without a guide. From what I am hearing you need a truck and gary had a 4 x4 and got stuck. there would be no way I would go without someone experienced by my side.

Gary's Toyota was 2WD.
There are roads and as long as you stay on roads you will be fine. If I could go I would as this is a mystery.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 01:05 PM

well David as many times as you said I was a city slicker, I wouldn't step foot alone in that territory or with an unexperienced guide. And I don't have a truck. so I'm not going till I contact the rancher bottom line. Or the new Pink Panther of Rosarito Beach, whatever his name is.

[Edited on 12-24-2014 by EnsenadaDr]
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Gary's Toyota was 2WD.
There are roads and as long as you stay on roads you will be fine. If I could go I would as this is a mystery.

Me too, been trying to get to the area but can't seem to find the time. Very easy to get to though.
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 01:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Wishing you all merry, merry holidays ... have not heard anything at all about our missing Gary Patton, nothing from our PI. I do want to clarify based on the discussion here that our PI is not the actual person doing the work down there, he has a team of folks of which most are from Baja, and it is a team of good-hearted people who just make it their business to try to find and rescue people. According to him, none of us gringos have any idea how many folks go missing down there, even here in the States, how we at large are truly ignorant of the prevalence of this hardship that goes on every day.

May I ask you all to try not to bash each other over prior comments or sideways conversations that soon will comments from "last year," and we can move on to more helpful outlooks in 2015. Clearly, most of you as well as Gary's family have given up, and that is the far easier thing to do, and for some, a must-do for children' sake. Pack it in and move on with life. Well, I will not do that, it is not my personality to walk away when there is no proof of anything in terms of foul play. This is one of the reasonings the detective gave me, no evidence or suggestion of foul play, simply an abandoned vehicle completely found in tact is not a suggestion of the worst. He stated many weird and unfathomable things cause Americanos to get lost and yes, years can go by until they are found. And even Mexicanos experience these issues down there, it is the terrain and the life.

I would rather use my energy worrying about how it will be when Gary is found, how we will live our lives again. While you all are spending time with your loved ones or doing what you love, just think of the many things about your life you can and should be grateful for, and say a little prayer for me, that we will resolve "missing Gary Patton." Best to all...

Do you guys not read well? I think you we asked to STOP BASHING EACH OTHER! Lets be respectful here. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 03:08 PM

well David as many times as you said I was a city slicker, I wouldn't step foot alone in that territory or with an unexperienced guide. And I don't have a truck. so I'm not going till I contact the rancher bottom line. Or the new Pink Panther of Rosarito Beach, whatever his name is.

[Edited on 12-24-2014 by EnsenadaDr]

Is there another David K and I am getting the blame? LOL
Please post where I ever called you that ('many times' or even once)???

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-24-2014 at 03:40 PM

Some people just bring it onto themselves

Quote: Originally posted by 24baja  

Do you guys not read well? I think you we asked to STOP BASHING EACH OTHER! Lets be respectful here. Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2014 at 07:42 AM

It's all about power trips Joe. That's the bottom line..

Give it a rest.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2015 at 11:19 AM

Received today:

Nomads,
Let me put this one to rest right now, right this minute...
The U.S. Law protects the unprotected who cannot protect themselves... without a body, you cannot enact a death certificate on someone because you "think" or "assume" they are dead, without absolute proof of death.. we do not have that! Thank God! And to get that from Mexico, are you kidding me how long and where do we begin without proof?
Please if you experts think of a way to enact a proof of death without a body, I am all ears because outside of television you cannot presto-peso, make that happen. And, by U.S. law, it is 7 years until filing in a Court of Law that someone has been missing, without bodily evidence. OR are You are lawyers, and been withholding on me all this time, and could've advised me otherwise all this time? Do you all think we have not checked out the law given the gravity and length of this case?
Please folks, there is also NO MONEY trail, go back to earlier pages here, we've been all thru the facts that he went there on cash and there is no money trail, been none, done all that, PLEASE. This posting is about a MISSING PERSON who went MISSING and is gone, OFF the radar and all points say he is no more dead than alive, because THERE IS NO BODY AND NO EVIDENCE OF FOUL PLAY. So you nay-sayers, guess what, you've got no more evidence than ya-sayers, and you have to have evidence to prove either way.
You want to contribute to the efforts here , the efforts are to finding our missing Gary Patton, not re-dredging a bunch of crap about a good man we've lost. You want that kind of story, please, find it elsewhere.

And there are no deep withheld secrets here, Ms. Doctor, it is a MISSING PERSON CASE, you want more names , dates and specifics, spend time going back on this posting. ..how many pages of information do you need (114 work for you)? Our man is still missing, what the heck is being withheld, you want to go searching, call me...PLEASE stop INSInutating there is a depth of kept secrets, there is nothing!!! I WISH THERE WERE!!! I keep investigator names and the Ranchers because they're not relevant to YOU, nor anyone like you who DOES NOT need to know. Are you planning to travel there , no? so why do you need to know? We are trying to get results here, suggestions from folks that want to contribute, maybe be suggest places and/know or see something, or of somebody, if you think you should know more, help more. You think I do not wish I had more to offer you, really? Please, you as a doctor, are you there to help or aggravate?

To all of you that contribute every day, and send well wishes, thank you... you've been a god send, as you know.
I hope to have some kind of update in the next week or so. Thank you all for staying with us another year..

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2015 at 11:47 AM

BRAVO!

micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2015 at 02:05 PM

...wow,to lose a family member in such a way,,and have no resolution ,is much like an open wound.....I hope there's some closure soon!
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 1-5-2015 at 03:26 PM

Well said Bajablanca.....please listen to this request sh**stirrers!
 Pages:  1  ..  111    113    115  116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.