Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  112    114    116
Author: Subject: Gary Patton - Updated Jan. 5, 2015
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2015 at 04:19 PM

It is good to hear from you and your message is perfect.

So hope that you will find closure this year so that you may be at peace.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 06:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mexitron  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by EnsenadaDr  
Ron Hoff came on this board and said he got lost with a GPS in his car and he knows the area weill. I am not going off the main highway without a guide. From what I am hearing you need a truck and gary had a 4 x4 and got stuck. there would be no way I would go without someone experienced by my side.

Gary's Toyota was 2WD.
There are roads and as long as you stay on roads you will be fine. If I could go I would as this is a mystery.

Me too, been trying to get to the area but can't seem to find the time. Very easy to get to though.

Me too. Although I think the Patton's are only interested in finding him alive.
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 07:34 AM

well said!

Stay strong Patton Family!

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 10:19 AM

For clarification to the one poster here who seems to love misquoting people - I NEVER said that I got lost in that area with a GPS.

What I posted was:

Quote:
I have spent several days in that area and driven on the large network of small, unmarked roads leading in umpteen different directions. It is quite easy to get lost there - even with a map onboard..."

I was talking about the myriad of side roads that lead off from the main roads out to the coast. There are literally hundreds of them leading out into the brush in all directions. You can drive on them for many miles making several dozen left/right choices and slowly, without warning the road suddenly disappears into the desert landscape. When you try to backtrack it is extremely difficult at times to remember your way back as you face dozens of NEW left/right choices.

Staying on the main/well traveled road it is no problem.

And to the Patton Family, thanks for that message and know we will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers...

[Edited on 1-6-2015 by BajaGringo]

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 02:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
For clarification to the one poster here who seems to love misquoting people - I NEVER said that I got lost in that area with a GPS.
But that makes such a good story. Who cares about truth? :rolleyes:

Truth? Around this forum? There is so much BS thrown around here as if it is true, that one needs to keep a very large shovel handy.

I do hope everyone will respect the family and just leave it alone unless they have a request. Otherwise, IMHO, we just need to wish them success and peace for 2015
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 1-6-2015 at 03:11 PM

I'm at a lost, according to BajaBlaca, Gary's family has given up. I wouldn't blame them, because at this point, there is virtually no chance of finding Gary alive.

So who is still pursuing this case as a missing persons case, and do they have the family's OK?

BajaBlanca wrote: Clearly, most of you as well as Gary's family have given up, and that is the far easier thing to do, and for some, a must-do for children' sake.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2015 at 08:04 AM

DEAR ALL - sorry for the lack of clarity but 100% of what I post is from Kim and not my words -

and here is her continuation:

" I will not give up... so if you want to feel you are a part of a majority, you are. But, I have to take the stand that if it were me, and I was missing, lost , desperate with no means of finding my way anywhere let alone home, I would need to feel my loved ones would keep trying to find me. And again, take into account how many hundreds of thousands of missing there are out there every day, and this is not an oddity just because you may not think it is not true. It happens more than any of us could imagine nor are aware of, both in Mexico and in the U.S.

Unlike the masses, I stand by facts, not probabilities. When I have evidence, I'll acquiesce but not one moment before. I am "missing Gary Patton" and will be til I find him or learn of him, but one way or the other, I am not just giving up or going the easy way, assuming him hopeless and helpless. Gary served as a VA Veteran and gave up his 19-21st years of his life to make us feel safe, and least that can be done, is respect his verve and stamina that he is still standing his ground, strong just encumbered. I say stand down if you can't withstand.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2015 at 08:05 AM

mburros of course is m - a - s - s - e - s

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2015 at 08:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DianaT  
Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaGringo  
But that makes such a good story. Who cares about truth? :rolleyes:

Truth? Around this forum? There is so much BS thrown around here as if it is true, that one needs to keep a very large shovel handy.

I do hope everyone will respect the family and just leave it alone unless they have a request. Otherwise, IMHO, we just need to wish them success and peace for 2015
Well said, Diana!

"The future ain't what it used to be"
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-8-2015 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

Those aren't nice words to use against fellow forum members Baja Blanca.

I'm at a lost why so many forum members don't challenge a few things Baja Blanca is saying in her last couple of posts.

I don't know if people are just trying to be nice, and are just scared of being attacked as being insensitive, or that I took a wrong turn four years ago, and I'm in the Twilight zone where everything is reverse, and that up is really down, and right is wrong, and so on.

Forums are stupid places where members shoot the breeze and give opinions. People shouldn't be afraid to give your opinion, even if it's unpopular, and if its' a subject involving death, there should be grieving period, but even that period has to end sometime.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2015 at 03:44 PM

Joe, why do you need to be anything other than let it go. BajaBlanca posted what the family told her. You can have your opinion and you've stated it several times. It doesn't change anything, it is what it is. Let it go, otherwise get in your whatever it is and go down there and start looking for Gary. If you think he is no longer with us then fine that's it. I think every opinion possible has been said over these 115 pages. You are either part of the problem or part of the solution which is it.

BajaBreak
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2015 at 06:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  

Those aren't nice words to use against fellow forum members Baja Blanca.

FYI, there seems to be a filter on here that changes any foul words, i.e. "m -a ss- es" gets changed to burro. I used the word...spell out these letters 'see - you - el- oh' and it was changed to burro in my post, so you your response was a misunderstanding. Here is a test with some a's and two esses. Passes, masses, crass... ;)

Chill out, best of luck to Gary's family in finding him, closure, r peace of mind.

-Over
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 1-8-2015 at 09:00 PM

I cant believe JJJ is so clueless that he doesn 't realize what's going on with the new software.

On second thought, maybe I can believe it............

Get a life, Joe. You're a cancer on every website you visit.

Now, the good Doctor may disagree, admittedly..............
Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-8-2015 at 09:07 PM

Joe, you seem to keep missing that Blanca is just passing on the messages from Sue. Don't shoot the messenger. And if you think Sue is delusional, you don't have to read it, let alone keep repeating your opinion. She heard you the first 10 times. She feels differently, and has her reasons for doing so. Let it go.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 12:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Kgryfon  
Joe, you seem to keep missing that Blanca is just passing on the messages from Sue. Don't shoot the messenger. And if you think Sue is delusional, you don't have to read it, let alone keep repeating your opinion. She heard you the first 10 times. She feels differently, and has her reasons for doing so. Let it go.

I did miss who the message was from the first time, but not the second time.

And to answer Hook's question, I'm well aware of the software around here, and how certain derogatory words are changed to be less insulting, but some people find ways to work around those insult, or just issue insults directly like Hook.

There is still a passive aggressiveness attacks going on with whoever doesn't tow the company line, and the company line is what Baja Blanca is re-posting, or they try to silence you with, "think of the family," and have some respect, now shut your mouth. Then, we're forced to hear the company line, over and over again.

I want to remind people after someone dies, after a certain amount of time, the rest of the family sometimes fights like cats and dogs over a number of issues, usually monetary issues, and that respect for the dead goes out the family window while the rest of the family fights and disagrees, especially if there is no will.

Well, I guess officially, Gary is not dead, but the mourning period should be over by now. If this topic is not closed, then I see nothing wrong with an adult discussion surrounding this whole topic of Gary missing.

And to answer TMW. What are you doing to find Gary? If you're not doing nothing, why don't you let it go? But the question surrounding Gary's death, yes I think he is dead, I can't see anybody surviving in that extremely hot hostile environment for very long. However, I'm not insensitive to the fact that a few family members, may cling to hope that Gary is somehow still alive.

Looks at one of the recent commercial airline crashes where Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 went missing, and has yet to be found. There is the recent tragic event in Guerrero, Mexico where 43 students went missing, and have yet to be accounted for. Some members of the families are holding out hope they're still alive, somewhere. This is natural, However, it's doubtful the rest of us believe anyone from that missing commercial airline are still alive, and the same goes for the Mexican students in the southern state.

However, if anybody other than a family member is saying the missing airline passengers, 43 students in Mexico, or Gary is still alive. I'm going to wonder about those people, and if they have an ulterior motives, especially if any money is involved.

So there are at lease two other issues, along with if Gary is alive or not.

If the family accepts Gary is not coming back, and they are after "closure." They would have to weight that against financial concerns, and maybe for financial reasons, it's better that Gary is not found, and they wait seven years to declare him dead. I'm sure, a family attorney would discuss this option with any family in a similar situation.

Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 08:37 AM
Thank you for posting family's Information

Blanca- Thank you for the updates from the Patton family.

They are very dedicated to determining what has happened to Gary. You are kind to stay in communication with them and pass along their updates.

DEAR ALL - sorry for the lack of clarity but 100% of what I post is from Kim and not my words -

and here is her continuation:

" I will not give up... so if you want to feel you are a part of a majority, you are. But, I have to take the stand that if it were me, and I was missing, lost , desperate with no means of finding my way anywhere let alone home, I would need to feel my loved ones would keep trying to find me. And again, take into account how many hundreds of thousands of missing there are out there every day, and this is not an oddity just because you may not think it is not true. It happens more than any of us could imagine nor are aware of, both in Mexico and in the U.S.

Unlike the mburros, I stand by facts, not probabilities. When I have evidence, I'll acquiesce but not one moment before. I am "missing Gary Patton" and will be til I find him or learn of him, but one way or the other, I am not just giving up or going the easy way, assuming him hopeless and helpless. Gary served as a VA Veteran and gave up his 19-21st years of his life to make us feel safe, and least that can be done, is respect his verve and stamina that he is still standing his ground, strong just encumbered. I say stand down if you can't withstand.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 09:56 AM

Publicly declaring our continued support of the Patton family.

Well said Whale-ista ..

Wake Up.jpg - 8kB

Kgryfon
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 05:20 PM

Then, we're forced to hear the company line, over and over again.

But...you are not forced to hear "the company line." Just don't read the post anymore. That's all.

Just walk away if it bothers you and you think there is some nefarious plot underfoot that will somehow benefit somebody.
JoeJustJoe
Banned

mad.gif posted on 1-9-2015 at 05:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Kgryfon  
Then, we're forced to hear the company line, over and over again.

But...you are not forced to hear "the company line." Just don't read the post anymore. That's all.

Just walk away if it bothers you and you think there is some nefarious plot underfoot that will somehow benefit somebody.

Why, should I walk away? If something bothers me, I just get if off my chest.

Sorry, I won't be intimidated from speaking my mind, by you or anybody else. However, I'm waiting for others to bring up possible problems here, with a few things from Baja Blanca's post.

I also suspect that Gary's family is not on the same page regarding finding him, from some U2U I received, but won't repeat.

So I do know a few 'BN' members are actually intimidated from speaking their mind in this thread, especially if they are sending me U2U's instead of posting it in this thread themselves.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 1-9-2015 at 06:01 PM
What Joe KNOWS that we DON'T ?

".......So there are at lease two other issues........"

Whose name is on the lease ?

Does Joe know the answer ?
 Pages:  1  ..  112    114    116

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.