Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: TEQUILA EXPO
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 06:36 PM

They get a special lane to themselves, and the wait is generally about 45 minutes max. 15 if you show up on a Thursday or Friday.

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
is that bus a 5 hour wait or do they get a special line?

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 06:39 PM

Yes, as long as the crosses to the US from Mexico

Quote:
Originally posted by MulegeAL
Very interesting, sounds like a lot of fun, thanks for posting up on this!

Question: would the exemption on a bus rule also apply to bus trips to/from the wine country? Seems like it would, that would be a lot of fun! Just mentioning it here so I don't forget, gonna do some more research on this...

Udo

Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2013 at 06:42 PM

I know you have made the trip to the Expo several times, Marty...are you going this year?

My sister, Rhea, plans to go with us, but this time we are going on Sunday the 13th. I am gambling that the vendors want to make some deals because they don't want to schlep back all the cases they brought down.

Quote:
Originally posted by Martyman
I brought a case of wine from Valle de guadelupe. I declared the case at TJ and the nice customs guy said that we already paid Mexican taxes-no problem.

Udo

MulegeAL
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2013 at 12:06 PM

From the Cal Dept if Alcoholic Beverage Control.....

A California resident or any other person crossing the international border via common carrier may bring in a reasonable quantity of alcoholic beverages (up to five cases or 60 liters) provided the beverages are for personal or household use.

No person under 21 years of age may bring in any quantity of alcoholic beverages.

For the purpose of Section 23661 "common carriers" are steamship companies and railroads, or any persons who hold themselves out to the general public to transport in interstate or foreign commerce any class or classes of passengers or property, or both, for compensation by air or highway, who actually engage in such transportation, and who hold an interstate alcoholic beverage transporter's permit as required by Section 32109 of the Revenue and Taxation Code.

Persons who transport only property owned or consigned to themselves shall not be deemed to be common carriers within the meaning of this section.

It should be noted that "common carriers" do not include taxicabs or sightseeing buses crossing the international border.

>>> end quote

So, I just got to get the Red Bus guy and CBP to convince me he's not a tour bus and see if he has an alky transport permit!
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-27-2013 at 03:42 PM

Also, check the CBP site, Al!

I've been doing this for three years now, since I found out about the "Common Carrier" loophole.

No one has challenged it so far, and I always bring a copy of that page for that purpose.

Udo

dpwahoo
Junior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty, and ready to fish!

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 02:32 PM
directions

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
Yes, as long as the crosses to the US from Mexico

Quote:
Originally posted by MulegeAL
Very interesting, sounds like a lot of fun, thanks for posting up on this!

Question: would the exemption on a bus rule also apply to bus trips to/from the wine country? Seems like it would, that would be a lot of fun! Just mentioning it here so I don't forget, gonna do some more research on this...
Udo, i just need to know how to get there from La Mision. Just buy a couple of bottles and back to La mision. Maybe drive up on Friday. eat some good food. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family, Udo, at the beer fest in Ensenada. thank You.
jureal
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-1-2013 at 03:18 PM

I don't get it. If an airline is a common carrier, why am I restricted to 2 liters?
Udo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2013 at 08:41 AM

The Tequila Expo starts this Thursday in TJ.

You won't regret attending it.

1 p.m. to midnight with lots festivities in between. Cost? Only $6.00 U.S. for all four days.

Udo

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.