Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Happy Hour in LaBocana,BCS at the new restaurant
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 01:08 PM

You got it bajajurel! It was awesome yesterday .... Each week a different group makes for super conversations. Chris taught Jorge, the new bartender, how to make Cadillacs ....I did not have the courage to try one, I heard they were Extra strong.

Carlos and Krystina starting off their vacation:

Les on the right looking pretty serious about his empty drink:

On the far right is Scott, who has a shop set up in his house selling all sorts of fishing gear and Kim, his wife, talking to Krystina:

That was last night .... who knows who will be here next Saturday???

[Edited on 10-13-2013 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-9-2013 at 04:51 PM

this was today's cheeseburger. this and 2 lemonades = $100 pesos

and these are the new outside tables which all the gringos have requested since it is sooooo nice to sit in the cool breeze

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
chavycha
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 09:53 PM

Jorge, the bartender pictured in the first photo, is pretty great. Ask him how he learned his English!

The food here was reasonably priced and well worth it - we got, given the location, predictably good shrimp tacos, and a surprisingly good chicken milanesa. Stylewise I haven't seen that sort of milanesa before, but it was a a dead ringer for italian chicken parmesan, both in terms of preparation and taste. Yum!
churro
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2014 at 10:00 PM

Had breakfast there last month... Great food! Amazing view of the bay
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 02:34 PM

We stayed in the cabins right after they opened....
they are really nice and the guys in charge of them are very accomodating
Looking closer at their construction one may wonder how many usable years of service they will get out of them... but that being said they were very good! I think we were one of the first ever guests...

The lady chef is also very good, but not real quick.. but that leaves ample time to sample happy hour. The food is delicious, and very reasonable.

Would I ever go back? YES, in a heartbeat....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2014 at 07:01 PM

If you guys are staying at the cabanas and not stopping by to say hello, my feelings are hurt!!!!!!! I will only forgive you if you have no clue who I am (((:

Dawn Patrol is spot on, chef is not fast but definitely faster than day 1. Trust me on that. and the drinks are a good way to pass the time.

We still go whenever anyone comes to town but it has been too cold for the outside happy hour. Which has to be early since it gets dark at 6 pm and none of us want to be driving at night. And good Brazilian that I am, I have to be home for the 7pm novella ... it's a latin thing.

Come visit La Bocana

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 2-12-2014 at 06:16 PM

New chefs are always slooowww!
They are picky on how their food is prepared. Later in life as chefs, they learn how food timing works.

Quote:
Originally posted by DawnPatrol
The lady chef is also very good, but not real quick.. but that leaves ample time to sample happy hour. The food is delicious, and very reasonable.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2014 at 07:56 PM

Lupita, the chef, takes her time preparing the dishes....each one to order....no mass cooking here. I think the slow kitchens are normal in Baja and am personally used to it (within reason).

Fishin Rich and I went there last week. He said the cheese burger was delicious.
I had the scallops. They were good. Another member of our party had the lobster.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-12-2014 at 08:08 PM

Damn. That hamburger looks good. I'm starving.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
This new restaurant is located right at the entrance to the estero....the view is awesome,

BajaBlanca - for the unknowing could you pinpoint the location - is that north of Punta Abreojos?

Thanks
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 07:39 AM

We are 10 miles north of Punta Abreojos. Once in Abreojos, turn right at Miguel Dominguez, where the brand new beautiful town hall is. Follow the salt flats and you will end up in La Bocana and it truly is a fact that all the paths lead to Rome. The cabanas restaurant is where the boats are launched....look for the baseball stadiums, go past them towards the beach. Head right once near the water and buen provecho!

Come visit La Bocana

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 09:57 AM

Eight bucks for a hamburger...We need a McDonalds..

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 02:49 PM

I know, chuckie, not inexpensive by any means ..... being that it is the ONLY option most of the time since the other eateries are closed for any number of reasons, I will take the prices with a smile (((:

now....the margaritas are 50 pesos and that is good! They started out at 80 and we convinced them to lower the price.

Come visit La Bocana

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 2-13-2014 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
Eight bucks for a hamburger...We need a McDonalds..

You could always drive to La Paz if you've just gotta have a hamburger that ghastly.

Limonadas could be 10-15 pesos each. That brings it down to 70-80 pesos for the burger. With fries. It's 13/1 everywhere now. That's 5.50-6 bucks for a grande burger and fries, with an ocean view in a location that's 60 miles off the Transpeninsular.

What's so unreasonable about that?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.