thefishaholic
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 02:41 PM
Mex Gas current Price

What's the latest Magna price?

As low as $3.21gal in Colorado Springs.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 02:53 PM

Gas up in Colorado Springs. Premium is 11.97 per liter. Regular something like 11.65 and diesel in-between.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 03:04 PM

If Magna regular is $11.65 N.P., then 11.65 x 3.85 (liters per gallon) / 13.0 exchange rate, i get $3.45 a gallon U.S. That's about the national average at the moment, but so much for cheaper gov't run prices in Mexico. The sadness is, we Norte's can afford it (kinda) but the Mexican nationals have to pay it too, and their wages are a leeeeetle bit lower than ours, even those just on SSI. I feel for our hosts. Luckily for us, the exchange rate is still high in our favor.... for now.

{edit} just looked, gas prices on I-8 & I 10 corridor is $3.13, Lordsburg NM, $3.25 Eloi AZ, $3.35 in Yuma. Looks like they'll be watching for full jerry cans at the border again going in.

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by bajabuddha]

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 03:39 PM

12.0 pesos per litre yesterday in Constitucion.
El Jefe
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 03:40 PM

It really is too bad for the locals as even with the higher prices the pumps often cheat on the volume pumped. Again the other day I filled my 20 liter can with over 23 liters at the station by the long bridge in San Jose del Cabo.

Since they may be shorting you by about 13% the effective price for regular is more like $3.89

No b-tchin\' in the Baja.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by El Jefe
It really is too bad for the locals as even with the higher prices the pumps often cheat on the volume pumped. Again the other day I filled my 20 liter can with over 23 liters at the station by the long bridge in San Jose del Cabo.

Since they may be shorting you by about 13% the effective price for regular is more like $3.89

Hey Tom, wouldn't be cool if the people of Mexico had a sticker like this to slap on a pump that is so far off delivering on the liters you paid for?:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 04:03 PM

It's enough to give me gas. Good thing yo no tengo pesta, como no?

86 - 45*

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula
12.0 pesos per litre yesterday in Constitucion.

That is up from 11.60 on Wednesday in Loreto for Magna (green pump handle)

[Edited on 10-11-2013 by DaliDali]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Hey Tom, wouldn't be cool if the people of Mexico had a sticker like this to slap on a pump that is so far off delivering on the liters you paid for?:

That's as funny as these folks here in Rob-me-arito saying that prisoners have rights. :lol::lol:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabuddha
If Magna regular is $11.65 N.P., then 11.65 x 3.85 (liters per gallon) / 13.0 exchange rate, i get $3.45 a gallon U.S. That's about the national average at the moment, but so much for cheaper gov't run prices in Mexico. The sadness is, we Norte's can afford it (kinda) but the Mexican nationals have to pay it too, and their wages are a leeeeetle bit lower than ours, even those just on SSI. I feel for our hosts. Luckily for us, the exchange rate is still high in our favor.... for now.

{edit} just looked, gas prices on I-8 & I 10 corridor is $3.13, Lordsburg NM, $3.25 Eloi AZ, $3.35 in Yuma. Looks like they'll be watching for full jerry cans at the border again going in.

Going into Mexico; not so much going into the US.
Wait a minute, I just checked for CHEAP gas prices in Chula Vista and ARCO's price is $3.69/ gal (cash only) and 3.74 credit.

[Edited on 10-12-2013 by durrelllrobert]

Bob Durrell
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 05:02 PM

Unlike the US, Mexico's gasoline prices are not influenced by market conditions, because Pemex is a government entity. That said, unless the Mexicans are able to figure out that international involvement in their deepwater Gulf reserves is absolutely necessary for their economic well being, there will come a time sooner than later when Mexico's gasoline prices will skyrocket due to a shortage of crude.
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

Wait a minute, I just checked for CHEAP gas prices in Chula Vista and ARCO's price is $3.69/ gal (cash only) and 3.74 credit.

True, but i believe Chula Vista is in CA, therefore, the prices are Californicated. That's why i fill up in Yuma, can make it at least to Ensenada in my towing rig.

86 - 45*

durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 06:31 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:

True, but i believe Chula Vista is in CA, therefore, the prices are Californicated. That's why i fill up in Yuma, can make it at least to Ensenada in my towing rig.

My Yukon has a 33 gal tank and I make it from Ensenada to Mesquite, NV with fuel to spare . And from Mesquite to Helena ,MT with fuel to spare.

Bob Durrell
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-11-2013 at 07:57 PM

i filled up in yuma yesterday for $3.05/gal. today it was $3.14/gal. WTF? 9 cents overnight?

dtutko1
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 07:00 AM

Just filled up in SW Missouri, all 4 grades of octane was the same $2.94.9. When gas was going thru the roof it was Obamas fault. Now that it's dropped $.50+ who cares. $.50/gal times all the gas sold in the US, now that's alot on money.Headed south in 2 weeks, Wahoos being caught in Pescadero and I want one.

Dorado Don
bajabuddha
Banned

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 07:08 AM

Glad to hear Yuma is so low, woody. I'll be topping off hopefully Tuesday p.m. there. I got my prices from a monitoring website, not always totally accurate, but usually pretty close.
Bob, i have a 33 gallon tank also, but a V-10 F-250 that is less than economical. Pulling my 5th wheel i get more like gallons per mile methinks. :no:

86 - 45*

cliffh
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 08:58 AM

Starting home tues, price on diesel, thanks Cliff
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-12-2013 at 11:59 AM

Hmmm, methinks someone didn't get "The News". A new field find has upped Mexico's proven reserves 200%. It now has more proven (pump-able) crude than all the crude it has ever pumped since the first well went into operation.

Worry more about this: The USA is going to become a huge EXPORTER of shale crude oil. To China. This is primarily so the speculators can keep USA gasoline baseline prices profitable for themselves. The API will work up some 3-shells-and-a-pea formula that shows the USA on the brink of a critical crude oil shortage crisis, all the time nudging pump prices upward whenever they can.

Now, if I were a speculator, no not THAT kind, I mean the kind of speculator with REAL money, I would not hesitate to send bales of currency to anti-shale oil development and transport and no-new-refineries, protest groups. Congresspeople who are solidly on the "USA LAST" bandwagon. It's like the diamond jewelry industry. If it ever got out how many HUNDREDS OF TRILLIONS of carats of gem quality diamonds were being hidden, the price of diamonds would plummet like a meteoroid. The Russians are sitting on 3,000 tons of gold, and FOUR QUADRILLION BARRELS of proven crude oil reserves.

"I own the oasis!" So what I have ten thousand acre feet of spring fed water? It's what it is worth to you that determines the price. Which by the way is three dollars a glass".

Unbeknownst to many, the speculation driven warpage of the economy and creation of poverty is THE PRIME FOCUS POINT for radical Mullahs to recruit wacko devotees for terrorism.

Want to get kicked out of Mexico? Make extremely public a call, no, a demand to have Swiss auditors go in and audit the books for Petroleos Mexicanos for the last thirty years. Don't stop there; have them audit HACIENDA (SHCP,SAT, ADUANA). You could measure the projected expected lifespan of a citizen making such demands with a stopwatch. Foreigners would be convicted of an article 42 violation and blacklisted forever. Too bad they fell down a flight of 22 floors worth of stairs after their release.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
daveB
Nomad

Mood: wondering about Nomads!

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 07:06 AM

If pennies count (here in Canada we no longer use them) it takes 3,785 litros to equal 1 U.S. gallon.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 10-13-2013 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Glad to hear Yuma is so low, woody. I'll be topping off hopefully Tuesday p.m. there. I got my prices from a monitoring website, not always totally accurate, but usually pretty close.
Bob, i have a 33 gallon tank also, but a V-10 F-250 that is less than economical. Pulling my 5th wheel i get more like gallons per mile methinks. :no:

stop and fill up at the AMPM on 16th just south of the freeway. it is the cheapest gas i've found!

Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.