Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: Mex Gas current Price
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 08:53 PM
Jeeez !! Lets get a grip

ethanol gas is killing motors fuel systems and the place I buy my dogs sunglasses is a STHIL dealership (chainsaws/weedwackers) and he states that every thing that comes in has ethanol related issues.... I have tech notes (TSB) from mercury marine from last year that's says gas in calif can be subject to issues in 15 days !! Yes,,thats right..bottom line you will get less mileage with ethanol gas..FACT !! in my area its 10 percent ehtanol and in s ca. I think more..anyone that wants to argue with that Really needs to do some research...also anything that sits for any period of time will get "Phase separation" along with lower octane...It is such a problem that they cannot sell at airports...this are the known issues with ethanol in gas..not up for debate or argument !! if anyone replys with a debate, I will not lower myself to respond to your lack of wisdom,schooling,expierence dealing with fuels and related issues...anyone that thinks (LOL) for a second that ethanol in gas is a good,, must have a farm in the Midwest..its really that simple,folks......K&T:cool::

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by captkw]

[Edited on 10-21-2013 by captkw]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
ethanol gas is killing motors fuel systems and the place I buy my dogs sunglasses is a STHIL dealership (chainsaws/weedwackers) and he states that every thing that comes in has ethanol related issues.... I have tech notes (TSB) from mercury marine from last year that's says gas in calif can be subject to issues in 15 days !! Yes,,thats right..bottom line you will get less mileage with ethanol gas..FACT !! in my area its 10 percent ehtanol and in s ca. I think more..anyone that wants to argue with that Really needs to do some research...also anything that sits for any period of time will get "Phase separation" along with lower octane...It is such a problem that they cannot sell at airports...this are the known issues with ethanol in gas..not up for debate or argument !! if anyone replys with a debate, I will not lower myself to respond to your lack of wisdom,schooling,expierence dealing with fuels and related issues...anyone that thinks (LOL) for a second that ethanol in gas is a good,, must have a farm in the Midwest..its really that simple,folks......K&T:cool::

Right on the money... and Dah-veed is too. Gasoline has more energy than ethanol... mixing ethanol with gasoline makes a lower energy/ lower mileage fuel.

PEMEX?: I can fill up in El Rosario with a full load truck, drive fast where safe, idle in a border line for 90 minutes and still record a higher MPG than my normal daily driving on California diluted gasoline.

Costco and ARCO tempts us with the lowest price per gallon, but my mileage is less with their product... I will see if Chevron or Shell really is any better. I know 76 has the 10% ethanol stickers on their pumps, however.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 10:19 AM

Both of our vehicles run on low-octane/ethanol-gasoline. My '04 Dodge Dakota (4X4 Quad-cab) has 102K miles and runs beautifully on 85 octane, gets 17 mpg on daily use and 20+ on long-distance trips. My wife's '11 MINI gets 34 mpg on 87 octane daily and nearly 40mpg on long-distance.

We've been using fuels with ethanol for years and have experienced no problems. A neighbor has a '93 Chevy pickup with a 350 V8 with over 260K miles on it. He's never had the head off. The engine has not been touched.

I read all the negative stuff about how bad the ethanol-type fuels are, but I sure haven't experienced any of these symptoms. Would I get better MPG with fuels that have no ethanol? Maybe, but if you look at those numbers above you'll see that both of our vehicles exceed the "average mpg" for both makes/models.

My ride-on lawn mower (We have nearly 3 acres of grass to mow.) is seven years old...no problems. Same holds true for my six-year-old grass/weed trimmer.

Research? Facts? my empirical data satisfies me.

On another note, my Dakota's performance beats the hell out of the Toy Taco we had.

Allen R
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 10:34 AM

More anecdotal evidence---------my 2 cents worth:

1994 Ford F-250 4x4 with the big 460 V8, stick-shift--- with 1000 lb Callen camper------:

In Wyoming, I consistantly get average of 13.1 mpg on the highway
In California, I consistantly get average of 10.2 mpg on the highway

I report---you decide. (-:

Barry
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 10:40 AM

"E10 (also called “gasohol”) is a blend of 10% ethanol and 90% gasoline sold in many parts of the country. All auto manufacturers approve the use of blends of 10% ethanol or less in their gasoline vehicles. However, vehicles will typically go 3–4% fewer miles per gallon on E10 than on straight gasoline."

Knoll, Keith, Brian West, Wendy Clark, Ronald Graves, John Orban, Steve Przesmitzki, and Timothy Theiss. 2009. Effects of Intermediate Ethanol Blends on Legacy Vehicles and Small Non-Road Engines, Report 1 – UpdatedAdobe Acrobat Icon. NREL/TP-540-43543. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colorado, p. 3-3
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 10:43 AM

But if you don't use the mandated ethanol "ENHANCED" fuel you aren't supporting Obama's alternative energy plan and you aren't supporting the Midwest corn growers that have driven up the supermarket prices. :fire:

Bob Durrell
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 12:15 PM

RTS 551,

I don't drink or use drugs. I also am a documented engineer. Your nekulterny response to my comments pretty much speak for itself. And it does not speak kindly. Proof? You did not even bother to check out Mitsubishi engine forums to see what others have to say about this engine. You stand discredited and irrelevant.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 01:09 PM

"Nekulturny": What a great word !!! Thanks for that. :light:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nekulturny

Don't believe everything you think....
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 04:19 PM

is a "documented engineer" similar to a "certified nutbag"? either way, why don't you give it a rest Eidell!:light:
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2013 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE
RTS 551,

I don't drink or use drugs. I also am a documented engineer. Your halterneck response to my comments pretty much speak for itself. And it does not speak kindly. Proof? You did not even bother to check out Mitsubishi engine forums to see what others have to say about this engine. You stand discredited and irrelevant.

Documented??? Whats that.\? certified maybe, and not an engineer. I only asked for proof. Why did you get so upset? You did not bother to see that I posted the results of a study. Not some Nelken????ty I know every thing.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 11:08 AM

Oooooooo through out a little bait and guess who comes to dinner...?

I post a claim of personal experience and it, my personal experience gets challenged. Williboy, RTS551 go online and check accounts of EXPERTS that use alcohol fuel - the Brazilians. It helps when doing technical research if you are familiar with mathematics.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 11:39 AM

Quote:

I post a claim of personal experience and it, my personal experience gets challenged. Williboy, RTS551 go online and check accounts of EXPERTS that use alcohol fuel - the Brazilians. It helps when doing technical research if you are familiar with mathematics.
a claim of personal experience. you have one for every single topic that pops up dontcha eidell? each embellishment grows more preposterous than the last whopper. seriously, give it a rest, go check the electric meter, start another batch of pickles, anything.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 11:51 AM

Seriously, this is a discussion forum... that someone here doesn't agree with someone else, doesn't make him wrong or should be silenced.

It doesn't take a PhD to know that if you dilute a high output fuel with a lesser output fuel, even 10%, your performance or efficiency will go down.

Because it doesn't jive with the nonsense repeated by the 'one political side' doesn't make it less true. Heck, those clowns can't even make a web site work after 3 years and 1/2 BILLION of our dollars! :lol::lol::wow:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Seriously, this is a discussion forum... that someone here doesn't agree with someone else, doesn't make him wrong or should be silenced.

It doesn't take a PhD to know that if you dilute a high output fuel with a lesser output fuel, even 10%, your performance or efficiency will go down.

Because it doesn't jive with the nonsense repeated by the 'one political side' doesn't make it less true. Heck, those clowns can't even make a web site work after 3 years and 1/2 BILLION of our dollars! :lol::lol::wow:

Some people were quoting way more reduction mileage than most tests show. So Just asking for the facts.

ANd I agree. Apple/Ford/GM/Chrysler and Toyota or any other company should shut down if their product has problems (how many recalls have these companies had?)
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 12:20 PM

If they can't make a web site HOW are they going to control our health care service??? Wow.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 12:24 PM

The same way Toyota makes trucks. And "they" don't make websites. They contract with private enterprise to do that. If private enterprise can't make a website ...
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 04:34 PM
NAW! I'd Rather Stay Here And Torture You

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
Quote:

a claim of personal experience. you have one for every single topic that pops up dontcha eidell? each embellishment grows more preposterous than the last whopper. seriously, give it a rest, go check the electric meter, start another batch of pickles, anything.....

It costs nothing and I get to sift for the good stuff...seriously if you absolutely find it impossible to avert your eyes, maybe you can start your own web site. I promise I won't post there. And I am getting bored of responding to tripe remarks.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 05:01 PM

A couple of comments.

First, all of the hoopla about the shortcomings of the ACA website make me think two thoughts. First, as designed, the ACA must have a huge number of young, healthy folks to sign up. So, was there a mole involved in the web site design? Just to make it fail? Second, There are a whole lotta folks who have benefited already, given the pre-existing issue, and the young folks being able to stay on their parent' policies until 26. Fact is that the health provider industry supported this legislation, simply because if it did work, the insurance companies and big pharma would make buckets of money. It was the only alternative to single payer that had a chance of passing, despite the fact that much of the industrialized world has single payer.

Next, as far as ethanol is concerned, The United States is now, or just to become, the number one provider of crude oil in the world, owing to the shale thingy. Aside from the environmental concerns about fracking, it would seem to me that if you guys have problems with ethanol, you need to make your voices heard in congress, inasmuch as the whole idea of ethanol was to cut our reliance on foreign oil.

Oh, but the problem is that the petroleum companies are multi-national and would prefer to offer their new found bounty to the highest bidder, which usually is not the USA. Not to mention that the annual farm bill in congress seeks to maximize the profits for corporate farmers and thereby drives up the cost of corn affecting the cost of meat and poultry. So, your increased cost for chicken and beef becomes a subsidy for those who wish to profit internationally.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
... you hire another, not put a defective product on the market without even testing it!!!

If a private enterprise company did what this administration is doing to consumers, they would be drawn and quartered by the media and consumer protection agencies, liberal groups. Imagine collecting all your personal and financial data BEFORE telling you what you can get... only to have it crash or put you on hold for 42 hours (as it was doing yesterday).

If corporations operated the way this administration does every CEO would be in prison.

Bob Durrell
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-22-2013 at 06:57 PM
LOL<<LOL

Now, that's funny bob !! but its missing three right off the top in my book,,....bush,chainy and rumsfield....:bounce:
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.