Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Mountain Shadows RV Park Pescadero BCS - Kenny Sewell
Pescadero_canuck

[*] posted on 10-14-2013 at 09:18 PM
Mountain Shadows RV Park Pescadero BCS - Kenny Sewell

BEWARE of this park if you are in the Pescadero area. The park is beautiful but the owner Ken Sewell is causing lots of problems for the long term renters who have spent their money to develop their places. Many have left or are being forced out and then lose their investment and dreams of a home away from home.
:fire:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 09:11 AM

More details [photos] please. If Ken Sewell is worth trashing here...he's worth trashing well.
On the other hand... he deserves his day in court here as well.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 09:22 AM

their facebook page says no dogs and no children allowed. does not sound like much fun.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
their facebook page says no dogs and no children allowed. does not sound like much fun.

OK.....that's not enough. At least they're up front about it.
What else ya got?

Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescadero_canuck
....lots of problems for the long term renters who have spent their money to develop their places. Many have left or are being forced out and then lose their investment and dreams of a home away from home.

I think I've heard this same story a few times before....

#1 Rule to live by: Don't invest more in your place (or anything else, for that matter) than you can afford to lose.

Truth generally lies in the coordination of antagonistic opinions
-Herbert Spencer
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 04:34 PM

Yeah....we want more "dirt" on this guy.

BN is needing another target now that the Gretchen thing has gone its course....:biggrin:

Pescadero Canuck....careful....Canadians are a favourite target for some on this board.....sometimes it is playful, other times....not !

They think we all drink too much and are cheapskates (coming from this crowd, that's saying something) :lol:

Oh....welcome to BN :saint:

[Edited on 10-15-2013 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Pescadero Canuck....careful....Canadians are a favourite target for some on this board.....sometimes it is playful, other times....not !

They think we all drink too much and are cheapskates (coming from this crowd, that's saying something) :lol:

Well....who doesn't like to kick a cripple? Especially a cheapo.
Jeeeezo....don't blame us. :lol:

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 05:16 PM

Dennis,
Are you Mr. Bill's twin?

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 05:18 PM

Don't be a hoser Ged!

[Edited on 10-16-2013 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 05:29 PM

As you can see, they are lining up with their best shots.....:rolleyes: :biggrin:

Pescadero_canuck

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 07:23 PM
Mountain Shadows RV Park Pescadero BCS - Kenny Sewell

Thanks for all the chatter guys.:yes:

[Edited on 12-10-2013 by Pescadero_canuck]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 09:25 PM

Quote:
Thanks for all the chatter guys.. Kenny is a Canadian with purchased Mexican citizenship. I am a Canadian too. What I am saying is true and there is way more. Stay tuned as they say.
I think you will here from up to 7 people from the park who have or are having problems with Ken..
By the way the rules posted there were put in place after most of us invested with the understanding the our families would be welcome..
Kenny's past goes back to Cabo and he has a few skeltons there too! He was good friends and had business dealings with Ray Lima and for many who know that should tell you lots about Kenny and Mountain Shadows RV.

2 of your 2 posts are anonymous attacks. Where's the beef?
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2013 at 10:48 PM

The beef?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

Sorry....couldn't pass it up :biggrin:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 07:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the chatter guys.. Kenny is a Canadian with purchased Mexican citizenship. I am a Canadian too. What I am saying is true and there is way more. Stay tuned as they say.
I think you will here from up to 7 people from the park who have or are having problems with Ken..
By the way the rules posted there were put in place after most of us invested with the understanding the our families would be welcome..
Kenny's past goes back to Cabo and he has a few skeltons there too! He was good friends and had business dealings with Ray Lima and for many who know that should tell you lots about Kenny and Mountain Shadows RV.

This is Mexico, Canadian rules do not apply. It won't get any better. If there are problems in your paradise, cut your losses and move on.

Enojado

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 07:53 AM
Mountain Shadows RV Park Pescadero Kenny Sewell

I don't not agree with slander but I do feel that as good people it is our responsibility to protect others from being cheated and bullied. With that said this is what I know as the facts regarding this park:

The owner Kenny Sewell has a long time history of prescription pill abuse, alcoholism, and rehab visits.

He has extreme mood swings which causes him to be unpredictable. He swings from fun loving to violent.

When he is angry he screams and threatens. He frequently threatens to shoot people. He possesses at least one gun.

He tries to control foreign visitors by claiming his has connections high up in the government/federales.

Not only does he run this park but his has a side business where he resales canadian television boxes services which he scams from the company.

Most of the tenants in the park are elderly and on fixed income.

His park is beautifully maintained, secure, and has a very nice pool.

His offer: He selectively chooses people who can stay in the park. The rules vary on the time of day and whether he is drinking or not.

He requires you to build your own palapa if you stay long term and encourages you to build your own bathroom and set up your own water system.

Kenny supervises all the building and hires all the workers.

The park is approximately four years old so the people who are getting burned now are the ones who built these very nice structures.

He told everyone that a lease would be signed and developed but when it didn't come forth one of the tenants had one made and he become violently angry.

After building the structure a monthly fee from $300 to $400 per month is collected for rent.

He owes large amounts of money to at least two of the tenants who invested with him in the beginning.

His negativity and threats caused problems with the tenants and they stopped coming to the park. He refused to correspond with them via email or telephone. With time he "seized" the property due to lack of monthly payments and resold the property himself. He currently has a man in the park named Frank Schearer who is suppose to be the one buying these palapas. He has a history of entering into real estate agreements in Baja and then filing law suits if the closing does not happen on time. One elderly couple was his victim and they will never return to Baja because of this event.

Personally I hope Frank screws Kenny. Wouldn't that be justice.

Just in the last 60 days Kenny has pushed around an elderly man who has lived there since the beginning. He has fled his property without his belongings and claims that Kenny has stolen all his rent receipts in an effort to justify seizing his palapa. This man is in his 80's.

Another couple has had their property seized and sold to Frank even though they had buyers and Kenny would not help in the sale, return their calls, or emails.

A third was a single woman who not only invested in the park but had built a beautiful palapa. He bullied her until she sold to Frank.

This has all transpired in the last few months.

There is no doubt that building without a firm lease agreement was a mistake that is now biting many in the butt. Everyone agrees with this fact. However, he should not be allowed to continue this trend with "new meat". Pescadero is a beautiful place and people come there for the tranquility and beauty. It is frightening sometimes to be in a foreign country and negotiate the buying process and not be able to speak the language or understand the custom. These are the people that Kenny lures into his park. I say let's stop him. There are some sweet people living there now who have no other choice but to live there and take what is dished out.

Spread the word!!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 08:23 AM

Those who have been cheated should band together and see of they can't legally pursue avenues that will get them their money back. What a shame for the elderly, none of this is easy when you are young, but it sure is harder when you are older.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Curt63
Super Nomad

Mood: Fish tacos and Tecate

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 08:48 AM

I know Kenny. I stayed at his place a couple nights. He does party hard and loves to fish early in the morning.

His park is very nicely built and well maintained. It would seem very desirable to a certain type of person that wants all the services, locked in a secure compound other expats to talk to and not live in a Mexican neighborhood.

As I recall, he was charging a high??? rent of $350/ mo peak season about 3 years ago. I dont know what rents should be, but his park is first class.

I can't confirm or deny any statements about his business dealings or mood swings.

Based on discussions with other connected expats in the area, I would believe he is well connected. He owned a bar in Cabo for many (10-15?) years and knows everybody.

Sadly, elderly people are vulnerable anywhere they go.

Caveat Emptor

No worries
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 09:08 AM

So keel haul or no :lol:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Dennis,
Are you Mr. Bill's twin?

Alter-ego. :o

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 09:42 AM
pesc

above the church is a group of old santa cruz guys (ernie,mike hasson) that you might want to go over and talk to...ernie married a local gal 20+ yrs ago and carry's same weight around there.....might stop by and talk with them...Nice folks and would be a good way to to go !!!........K&T:cool:
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.