Author: Subject: Mountain Shadows RV Park Pescadero BCS - Kenny Sewell
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Everyone in the park? Only one other person posting here and you're both newbies.

Your ''facts'' are unsubstantiated here. Like Dennis said: details. You've provided nothing but your slant on what's taking place at Mountain Shadow.

Substantiate your facts or stop your trolling. Nobody here knows you or your background.

Fear will silence a lot of witnesses, Lee.

Geez, it is only slander IF it is not true. I agree that people need to ask questions and it would be good to hear from more people, but with that greeting, or more like slam, I agree that fear will stop some, and if it is true, I would not blame others if they say never mind and just let people get screwed.

Then again, some people just resent being warned and prefer to keep their head in the sand and only hear positive things until they find out the hard way. Happens all the time.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 04:03 PM

I wonder how many 4-Sale signs are up in the camp? That sometimes says a lot.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 04:16 PM

About the only recourse that the OP and others have in a case like this is to try and warn others, they certainly will not get anywhere using the Mexican legal system. If their charges are false, Mr. Sewell is certainly welcome to sue them and prove otherwise.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Enojado

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 05:40 PM

I won't be making any other posts here concerning this matter. I don't know what trolling means and I don't intend slander. My intention is just for future buyers to be aware and cover themselves. Period.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2013 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enojado
I won't be making any other posts here concerning this matter. I don't know what trolling means and I don't intend slander. My intention is just for future buyers to be aware and cover themselves. Period.

Well....you aren't doing your case any good if you give up on it.
Stay with it by countering the negativism. Tell us stories....give us facts. Gather support from your community.
This site can be tough, but fair, with facts. We aren't hatchetmen, but we will support what's right if we know it's right.

wineisfine

Mood: Don't worry be happy, life is to short.

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 11:06 AM
Rentals at Mountain Shadow RV

Quote:
More details [photos] please. If Ken Sewell is worth trashing here...he's worth trashing well.
On the other hand... he deserves his day in court here as well.

I have over the years stayed at many RV Parks on the Baja making our way to Cabo. This Park called the Mountain Shadow RV is one of them and found that the accomodations were fine for our needs. We then met with the owner, Mr Sewell he took us around Pescedaro/Todos Santos and showed us the sites. We were able to enjoy his hospitallity of a fine dinner at his digs and made our stay very pleasing.
Over the week in the park, we met some of the other long term residents all seemed fine and enjoying the fine weather and cheap rental fees but and I say but one older individual staying there was very fowl mouthed about the parks owner and we could not understand why. Both my wife and I truely wonder why he was staying there when he did not like the park. To us, he should have moved if unhappy instead of stirring the pot with his rude remarks. As we say in life, there is always one bad apple in the barrel and we had to run into that person on the last trip. If on your way to Cabo, stop in and stay there you will truley enjoy. Lets hope this individual has moved on for the betterment of this nice RV Park. As a retired Canadian TV person I recommed this RV park highly.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wineisfine
...... As a retired Canadian TV person I recommed this RV park highly.

This is going to be fun.....:biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 12:21 PM

Quote:
As a retired Canadian TV person I recommed this RV park highly.

what does TV have to do with the subject? and based on your "name" i assume you wrote that after drinking much wine, eh hoser? :lol::lol::lol:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 12:58 PM

While the tenants of Mt. Shadows should have shown more due diligence, IMHO, As someone who has been in Mexico for a long time and apparently owned several businesses, Mr. Sewell did not display very ethical business practices if he indeed encouraged people to invest money in developing facilities on his property without benefit of a legal lease outlining their rights and obligations.

wineisfine

Mood: Don't worry be happy, life is to short.

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:

what does TV have to do with the subject? and based on your "name" i assume you wrote that after drinking much wine, eh hoser? :lol::lol::lol:

I was just posting my thoughts of our stay at this RV Park. It seems that after reading all the blogs about this park there is many people that need some type of medical help from what they say in their moments of anguish. I retired after 44 years working for a TV Station and do like a drink or two and justly deserve it as many of my friends there did not make it to the work end date. As for the name I used to log in, it is part of my family name give me and please do not abuse it. Thank you.

[Edited on 10-17-2013 by wineisfine]

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
More details [photos] please. If Ken Sewell is worth trashing here...he's worth trashing well.
On the other hand... he deserves his day in court here as well.

I have over the years stayed at many RV Parks on the Baja making our way to Cabo. This Park called the Mountain Shadow RV is one of them and found that the accomodations were fine for our needs. We then met with the owner, Mr Sewell he took us around Pescedaro/Todos Santos and showed us the sites. We were able to enjoy his hospitallity of a fine dinner at his digs and made our stay very pleasing.
Over the week in the park, we met some of the other long term residents all seemed fine and enjoying the fine weather and cheap rental fees but and I say but one older individual staying there was very fowl mouthed about the parks owner and we could not understand why. Both my wife and I truely wonder why he was staying there when he did not like the park. To us, he should have moved if unhappy instead of stirring the pot with his rude remarks. As we say in life, there is always one bad apple in the barrel and we had to run into that person on the last trip. If on your way to Cabo, stop in and stay there you will truley enjoy. Lets hope this individual has moved on for the betterment of this nice RV Park. As a retired Canadian TV person I recommed this RV park highly.

Welcome to Nomad! :bounce:

(The) Baja and Baja Nomad is a indeed a warm and friendly place, but some Nomads can chill you to the bone, if you know what I am talking about, (eh)?

Don't let anyone here keep you from sharing what you find or see... thousands of non-Nomads also read this site and reports from Baja California are valuable and enjoyed! :light::cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 05:15 PM

Quote:

Thanks for sharing your experience. In RE, it's always been buyer beware. Anyone not aware learns a lesson.

Pescadero is a great place to live and visit. Mountain Shadow works for some people but not for everyone.

Let me write this again. Buyer beware.
shearer49

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 08:46 PM
hi enojado--this is Frank. Facts are based on truths and you certainly don't know the truth. Disclose your sources-I don't recall you
interviewing me before you published this.

Quote:
Originally posted by Enojado
I don't not agree with slander but I do feel that as good people it is our responsibility to protect others from being cheated and bullied. With that said this is what I know as the facts regarding this park:

The owner Kenny Sewell has a long time history of prescription pill abuse, alcoholism, and rehab visits.

He has extreme mood swings which causes him to be unpredictable. He swings from fun loving to violent.

When he is angry he screams and threatens. He frequently threatens to shoot people. He possesses at least one gun.

He tries to control foreign visitors by claiming his has connections high up in the government/federales.

Not only does he run this park but his has a side business where he resales canadian television boxes services which he scams from the company.

Most of the tenants in the park are elderly and on fixed income.

His park is beautifully maintained, secure, and has a very nice pool.

His offer: He selectively chooses people who can stay in the park. The rules vary on the time of day and whether he is drinking or not.

He requires you to build your own palapa if you stay long term and encourages you to build your own bathroom and set up your own water system.

Kenny supervises all the building and hires all the workers.

The park is approximately four years old so the people who are getting burned now are the ones who built these very nice structures.

He told everyone that a lease would be signed and developed but when it didn't come forth one of the tenants had one made and he become violently angry.

After building the structure a monthly fee from $300 to $400 per month is collected for rent.

He owes large amounts of money to at least two of the tenants who invested with him in the beginning.

His negativity and threats caused problems with the tenants and they stopped coming to the park. He refused to correspond with them via email or telephone. With time he "seized" the property due to lack of monthly payments and resold the property himself. He currently has a man in the park named Frank Schearer who is suppose to be the one buying these palapas. He has a history of entering into real estate agreements in Baja and then filing law suits if the closing does not happen on time. One elderly couple was his victim and they will never return to Baja because of this event.

Personally I hope Frank screws Kenny. Wouldn't that be justice.

Just in the last 60 days Kenny has pushed around an elderly man who has lived there since the beginning. He has fled his property without his belongings and claims that Kenny has stolen all his rent receipts in an effort to justify seizing his palapa. This man is in his 80's.

Another couple has had their property seized and sold to Frank even though they had buyers and Kenny would not help in the sale, return their calls, or emails.

A third was a single woman who not only invested in the park but had built a beautiful palapa. He bullied her until she sold to Frank.

This has all transpired in the last few months.

There is no doubt that building without a firm lease agreement was a mistake that is now biting many in the butt. Everyone agrees with this fact. However, he should not be allowed to continue this trend with "new meat". Pescadero is a beautiful place and people come there for the tranquility and beauty. It is frightening sometimes to be in a foreign country and negotiate the buying process and not be able to speak the language or understand the custom. These are the people that Kenny lures into his park. I say let's stop him. There are some sweet people living there now who have no other choice but to live there and take what is dished out.

Spread the word!!

:fire:
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 08:50 PM
It's Time

To get the popcorn and the beer...........this could be another "Turtle Soup" thread :lol:

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2013 at 09:05 PM

Frank, Please answer one question. Did Mr. Sewell encourage or allow people to make improvements to his property without a legally prepared and notarized lease agreement?

Bajabum1937

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 10:38 AM
GOOD REPORT

DON'T UNDERSTAND THESE BAD REPORTS AT ALL,I VISITED THREE TIMES -I READ THE RULES AND OBEYED THE RULES AND HAD A GREAT TIME. THE OWNER WAS FUN TO BE AROUND AND HIS PLACE WAS SPOTLESS. WILL RETURN.:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajabum1937
DON'T UNDERSTAND THESE BAD REPORTS AT ALL,I VISITED THREE TIMES -I READ THE RULES AND OBEYED THE RULES AND HAD A GREAT TIME. THE OWNER WAS FUN TO BE AROUND AND HIS PLACE WAS SPOTLESS. WILL RETURN.:
It's not surprising that as a visitor you wouldn't understand the travails of folks who had put up significant money for what they thought was a more long term arrangement. None of the people who have complained here have said it wasn't a nice place.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 11:23 AM

Gotta ask.....is "media" the default profession in Canada? Seems that, judging from the numbers of Canadians working on-air in US television, there's a heavy emphasis on training up there.

Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 11:27 AM

Up here they learn that the name Bill is NOT a two syllable name

:bounce: :tumble:

sold out and got out !!!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
It's not surprising that as a visitor you wouldn't understand the travails of folks who had put up significant money for what they thought was a more long term arrangement. None of the people who have complained here have said it wasn't a nice place.

Who are the folks who ''put up significant money for what they thought was a more long term arrangement?'' What do you know about the ''arrangements'' these folks have made?

How do you know what Bajabum1937 understands and doesn't understand about the folks at Mountain Shadow?

Facts have not been established or verified by Enojado or Pescadero_canuck who are new, anonymous posters. Serious allegations and accusations have been made which may or may not be true and factual. These posters have yet to identify themselves and make, in my opinion, legitimate claims.

Their complaints have focused on personality issues and petty grievances. Enojado's comment that he/she would like to see ''Frank screw Kenny'' smacks of personal vendetta.

I think Bajabum1937's positive experiences at Mountain Shadow is a good indication of the mood of those folks living there. I'm positive he/she spoke with some of the folks living there.

So far this stuff looks like hearsay.
 Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.