Author: Subject: Mountain Shadows RV Park Pescadero BCS - Kenny Sewell
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
It's not surprising that as a visitor you wouldn't understand the travails of folks who had put up significant money for what they thought was a more long term arrangement. None of the people who have complained here have said it wasn't a nice place.

Who are the folks who ''put up significant money for what they thought was a more long term arrangement?'' What do you know about the ''arrangements'' these folks have made?

How do you know what Bajabum1937 understands and doesn't understand about the folks at Mountain Shadow?

Facts have not been established or verified by Enojado or Pescadero_canuck who are new, anonymous posters. Serious allegations and accusations have been made which may or may not be true and factual. These posters have yet to identify themselves and make, in my opinion, legitimate claims.

Their complaints have focused on personality issues and petty grievances. Enojado's comment that he/she would like to see ''Frank screw Kenny'' smacks of personal vendetta.

I think Bajabum1937's positive experiences at Mountain Shadow is a good indication of the mood of those folks living there. I'm positive he/she spoke with some of the folks living there.

So far this stuff looks like hearsay.
Palapas aren't cheap the last time I checked, the fact that Mr. Sewell encouraged tenants to make improvements to his property without the benefits of a lease brings his business ethics into serious question.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by monolocoPalapas aren't cheap the last time I checked, the fact that Mr. Sewell encouraged tenants to make improvements to his property without the benefits of a lease brings his business ethics into serious question.

Agreed-- palapas aren't cheap.

I'm just wondering how you know Mr. Sewell ''encouraged'' tenants to make improvements ''without'' a lease? Who gave you this information? Do you know people who live there?
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:
Originally posted by monolocoPalapas aren't cheap the last time I checked, the fact that Mr. Sewell encouraged tenants to make improvements to his property without the benefits of a lease brings his business ethics into serious question.

Agreed-- palapas aren't cheap.

I'm just wondering how you know Mr. Sewell ''encouraged'' tenants to make improvements ''without'' a lease? Who gave you this information? Do you know people who live there?
Do you believe that the OP completely made up the story that there are tenants there who have developed there own spaces? If they had leases they would have some legal recourse, which it appears they do not. If the two posters who claim to have developed places there are lying about not having a lease I will retract, but I tend to believe that they had some sort of dealings with Mr. Sewell that caused them to post warnings here.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
Do you believe that the OP completely made up the story that there are tenants there who have developed there own spaces? If they had leases they would have some legal recourse, which it appears they do not. If the two posters who claim to have developed places there are lying about not having a lease I will retract, but I tend to believe that they had some sort of dealings with Mr. Sewell that caused them to post warnings here.

Hold on, amigo mono...........I've been around "Beach Camps" for too many years and seen tenants feel secure enough to invest in their plot of land as though there would be no end to anything. They trusted their deal with the landlord, and figured they would all live forever.
Probably, none of them have legal leases. What they have are "Rental Agreements"....which are kinda like hand-shakes.

I'm not siding with anyone here. I'm just sayin' there may be more...or less.... here than meets the eye.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Hold on, amigo mono...........I've been around "Beach Camps" for too many years and seen tenants feel secure enough to invest in their plot of land as though there would be no end to anything. They trusted their deal with the landlord, and figured they would all live forever.
Probably, none of them have legal leases. What they have are "Rental Agreements"....which are kinda like hand-shakes.

I'm not siding with anyone here. I'm just sayin' there may be more...or less.... here than meets the eye.
All I'm saying is that if Mr. Sewell was a scrupulous business man he would have made sure his tenants had leases before allowing them to enter into an agreement that went beyond month to month tenancy, and make improvements to his property, if he did not, he was stacking the deck in his own favor.

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 04:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

All I'm saying is that if Mr. Sewell was a scrupulous business man he would have made sure his tenants had leases before allowing them to enter into an agreement that went beyond month to month tenancy, and make improvements to his property, if he did not, he was stacking the deck in his own favor.

Somebody stacking a deck in their favor? Nobody does that in Mexico.....:lol:
I hope the everybody is able to figure it out and come up with a agreeable settlement.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 04:43 PM

Quote:

They all do that. Beach Camps don't usually offer leases. They only offer Rental Agreements. Show me one that offers real, notarized leases. Just one.

Mister Sewell isn't responsible for the agreements his tenants fail to make. They get what they bargained for, which, obviously, is nothing.

I dislike arguing with you. You are so often right, but this time, I think you should reevaluate.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MMc

I hope the everybody is able to figure it out and come up with a agreeable settlement.

And several of the ex-pats are the worst. It is the land of buyer beware.

And with that said, I also hope there is a settlement that will be fair.
MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 10-20-2013 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by MMc

And several of the ex-pats are the worst. It is the land of buyer beware.

And with that said, I also hope there is a settlement that will be fair.

Dishonesty and deck stacking know no bounds anywhere.

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

Kenny

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pescadero_canuck
BEWARE of this park if you are in the Pescadero area. The park is beautiful but the owner Ken Sewell is causing lots of problems for the long term renters who have spent their money to develop their places. Many have left or are being forced out and then lose their investment and dreams of a home away from home.
:fire:
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 03:16 PM

Kenny

Don't you think that answer to the allegations leads one to believe they are true.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
Kenny

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 03:18 PM

I have been slandered and trashed by a Michael Rowe from BC Canada he built a palapa in our park and was very happy here. 18 months ago he quit paying rent my self and my partners sold his palapa for rent owed people post trash and do not leave there names I am posting this and this is my name KennySewell mountainshadowrv.com I will never understand how some people screw up so much but have to blame some one else
Kenny

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 03:54 PM

I would like to know who let's the rent go more than one month my partners say three months i let it go 18 months I would like to know the ones that disagree let me know because I have renters for you Kenny Sewell
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by Pescadero_canuck
Thanks for all the chatter guys.. Kenny is a Canadian with purchased Mexican citizenship. I am a Canadian too. What I am saying is true and there is way more. Stay tuned as they say.
I think you will here from up to 7 people from the park who have or are having problems with Ken..
By the way the rules posted there were put in place after most of us invested with the understanding the our families would be welcome..
Kenny's past goes back to Cabo and he has a few skeltons there too! He was good friends and had business dealings with Ray Lima and for many who know that should tell you lots about Kenny and Mountain Shadows RV.

2 of your 2 posts are anonymous attacks. Where's the beef?

Quote:
Originally posted by comitan
Kenny

Don't you think that answer to the allegations leads one to believe they are true.

Why would allegations from anonymous posters lead anyone to believe the allegations are true?

Why would anyone accused anonymously here need to defend their business practices and integrity here?

All the allegations look like character assassination from here. And personal vendetta.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
2cabezas

[*] posted on 3-23-2014 at 07:25 AM

...Just returned to Washington state after a 2 month trip down the Baja. We quite accidentlly stumbled onto MSRV park and glad we did.....
We stayed a month! It was the highlight of our trip.
Hope to return next year for a longer visit.

Thanks Kenny for your hospitality,
Jim&Rose
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-21-2014 at 12:16 PM

Gringo Gazette, Dec. 15/14 reported that a fire destroyed this RV park. Flames jumped from a neighbouring property where refuse was being burned.

When the way comes to an end, then change. Having changed, you pass through.
~ I-Ching
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-22-2014 at 12:14 PM

Any more news sources than the GG on this?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2014 at 12:36 PM

BCS Noticias report here:
http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=h...
DETAINED BY FIRE IN THE FISHMONGER 01DIC2014

Drafting
La Paz, Baja California Sur (BCS). Two men identified as José Tinoco Bustamante, 61 years old and José Vidal Pacheco, 28 years old, were arrested for their role in the fire area cabins and RVs in Pescadero-Cabo San Lucas road.

The Directorate of Police and Municipal Transit reported that the incident occurred at 11:18 hours on Sunday; police interviewed Kenny Sewell, who said he was the manager of the place, and who narrated that two men were in the adjoining property, burning trash, so he warned that it was dangerous, but ignored him.

The air spread the fire and reached 15 cabins, 6 cars, 3 bikes and 13 RVs; to place units Firefighters arrived to extinguish the fire.

Once reported the fact, we sought the perpetrators, who were hiding in the bushes. Both were referred to the authorities, where it was determined who had drunk.

The Directorate of Municipal Police reported that "the flames caused huge material losses, which have not yet been quantified".

~ I-Ching
windgrrl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2014 at 12:41 PM

La Paz, Baja California Sur.- Already with several drinks under his belt, José Tinoco Bustamante and José Vidal Pacheco set about burning trash, Sunday morning in an area on the edge of the Pescadero Road - Cabo San Lucas ignoring warnings neighbor Kenny Sewell who warned them that it was dangerous to do so at that time, because strong winds could carry sparks to nearby houses and cottages.

Peninsular Digital

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&a...

Both Josephs, not taking into account the recommendations of the cabins manager, who had mouth of the prophet, as a spark started the fire that razed 15 cabins, 06 vehicles, 03 motorcycles and 13 mobile homes.

The fire was controlled by tragahumos still losses in the estate of tourist cabins were substantial.

Arsonists, like children frightened by the scope of his mischief, hid behind some bushes where they were taken by municipal officers who arrived on the scene.

José Tinoco 61 years of age and José Vidal 28 were transferred to the Delegation of Todos Santos, where they were available to the Public Ministry of Common Law.

~ I-Ching
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2014 at 03:09 PM

Stirring it up? Maybe Kenny will respond. Big fire on a windy day, definitely. Burning rubbish is always dangerous. I get a little honery if someone close bye starts burning rubbish near my palapas. Tio
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.