BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Where to Stay in Lopez Mateos? The guest house is ready. Interior photos finally added.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 06:44 AM
Where to Stay in Lopez Mateos? The guest house is ready. Interior photos finally added.

Queen bed and double hide a bed. big bathroom, hot water, Oster toaster oven and 2 burner propane cook top, nice size Fridge/freezer.

Lots of room for boats and RV's.

No phone, no wi-fi and no TV. But you can come to my house for Internet and magicJack phone use.

Coming soon, washing machine, BBQ at the patio and palapa shading.

[Edited on 11-21-2013 by Mula]

[Edited on 12-5-2013 by Mula]

[Edited on 12-5-2013 by Mula]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 11:51 AM

Mula,
What are your rates? u2u me if you like.

I will be in your area sometime around January 6-13th.

If I stayed for a couple of sleeps could I leave my truck with you folks for several days while I ride my moto to La Purisima area for several days?

Gracias,
Ged

Don't believe everything you think....
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 07:04 PM

Please post rates!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 07:20 PM

Sweet. Something tells me you're gonna get some visitors!

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 07:22 PM

$40/night plus a little something for the cleaning lady! on the bucket list, but just a bit far right now!

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 08:55 PM

mula...get internet!!!...we all want it now when we go away for a week or so...cheap at twice the price...get internet and we'll be there!

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:51 AM

Right now the rate is $40 USD a night and if you want housekeeping - $5.00 per day extra.

Internet is not an option for right now. It would cost $40 or more a month here for the TelMex land line and HughesNet would be a lot more.

There are a couple of places in Lopez that have WiFi available - but only 2. And I have HughesNet at my house, which would be available.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:08 AM

remember 1st of the year...

16% for the government
2% for the state

max write off 30%

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:40 AM

Yes, I have it.

Rates will probably go up then - a little.
bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 09:19 AM

Hey motoged, consider a ride to Cabo de San Lazaro . . . south end of Isla Magdalena.

You'll enjoy it! Mula can share the logistics.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 09:59 AM

Mula, is anyone doing Thanksgiving there?

Internet is up there in terms of wishes for an extended stay.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajacalifornian
Hey motoged, consider a ride to Cabo de San Lazaro . . . south end of Isla Magdalena.

You'll enjoy it! Mula can share the logistics.

BC,
Thanks for the tip....I will be doing as much exploring as possible in the area. I don't fish, but I eat them :biggrin: I hope to use Mula's place as a basecamp for several days for day rides, and possibly leave the truck there if I do a several day loop.

Any suggestions are welcome for a "100 mile radius" for that section of my adventures....

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 10:33 AM

BC,
I just Google Earthed (a new verb :biggrin: ) Cabo de San Lazaro....no roads??....looks like a panga trip???

Lots of sand and mangroves....and a rocky point???

Mas???

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by motoged]

bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 03:57 PM

You'll float your bike out to the island from Lopez. Head south to a fish camp at the end, over sand. Same way pickups bring supplies to the camp. (Shoot, I hope it's still there. Jimena was tough on it.) By Lazaro, I mean the east side near the water. In a car, must return before return of the tide. On your bike, should be no problem. Best to hook up with a local family at the fish camp for food and a place to crash. Good luck!

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 04:00 PM

Jeff,
I will consider it... thanks again :saint:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 04:11 PM
Internet option

You could run a pretty inexpensive external directional antenna from your HughsNet aimed at the casita

Quote:
Originally posted by Mula
Internet is not an option for right now. It would cost $40 or more a month here for the TelMex land line and HughesNet would be a lot more.

There are a couple of places in Lopez that have WiFi available - but only 2. And I have HughesNet at my house, which would be available.

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:37 PM

Blanca: I don't think anyone is doing Thanksgiving here. Only one real restaurant and a not very tight knit ex-pat community. And I will be on a mule crossing the mountains from Mulege to San Javier. So even I am not cooking this year.

Motoged: I can hook you up with lobster guys who have a large cabin at Lazaro and would probably take your bike across in their panga for you.

Bajaguy: Where would I pick up one of these antenna's here in Baja. And what else would I need to hook it up? The casita is at least 1 kilometer away from my house. Would that still work?

Been to LaPaz today to be fingerprinted. Yahoo!
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 05:57 PM

Quote:
....Been to LaPaz today to be fingerprinted....

Oh oh....whadja do?? :biggrin:

Re: lobster guys.....I don't particularly riding in deep sand :no: ....and beach sand tends to corrode the bike....but eating lobster and seeing the sights might work.

Thanks for the offer....we will see.... :cool:

Will you be out of jail by then? :biggrin:

Are you riding mules via the road north out of San Isidro through the mountains to Mulege???

I have ridden (sp?) the road from Comondu to San Isidro, but want to do the ride north out of San Isidro to Mulege....and from San Javier to Comondu....

Good luck with your ride :cool::saint:

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:07 PM
Antenna

Here is one from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Directional-Internet-Antenna-Connect-R...

Maybe somebody could bring it down for you. I'm sure a local computer geek could set it up.

Quote:
Bajaguy: Where would I pick up one of these antenna's here in Baja. And what else would I need to hook it up? The casita is at least 1 kilometer away from my house. Would that still work? Yahoo!

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:12 PM

Quote:

Oh oh....whadja do?? :biggrin:

Re: lobster guys.....I don't particularly riding in deep sand :no: ....and beach sand tends to corrode the bike....but eating lobster and seeing the sights might work.

Thanks for the offer....we will see.... :cool:

Will you be out of jail by then? :biggrin:

Are you riding mules via the road north out of San Isidro through the mountains to Mulege???

I have ridden (sp?) the road from Comondu to San Isidro, but want to do the ride north out of San Isidro to Mulege....and from San Javier to Comondu....

Good luck with your ride :cool::saint:

Getting RP cards.

We took out Honda Foreman over on the panga last year and yearly enjoyed it. You might want to do that. Also you go over to run the beach at low tide. It is really interesting: whale bones, dead turtles, barge and boat wrecks, lots of coyotes and interesting things on Magdalena Island. But you must work with the tides.

Yes, we are riding the mules in the reverse - Ranchito out of Mulege to San Isidro. We drove the 1986 Diesel F250 truck through there last week checking the route and conditions. Once we got to the base of the mountains, it was 4 low across the 3 ranges. A Great trip and we are really looking forward to this next week.

My husband says it is a bike trials kind of a ride: steep, steep, steep, switchbacks (3 point turns in a pickup) - 3 ranges to cross. Great vistas and incredibly green. Several places for long times it will be faster on the mules. No horses going on this trip . . .

Also leaving out of KM 28 on the San Javier road to Comondu is fine until you get to Monte Alban and then the fun begins! Well over 3 hours to Comondu. Lots of 4 Low.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.