Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Looking for builders in Los Barriles
majicparrot

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 10:43 AM
Looking for builders in Los Barriles

We are going to have a home built in the Buenos Aires. We would like a few builder recommendations. If at all possible could you give us a little review,website or a phone number Thank you in advance.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-21-2013 at 07:38 PM

We are in our new house in Buena Vista built by C&J builders, if you are down here come have a look.....dt

Welcome to Nomads....

[Edited on 11-22-2013 by dtbushpilot]

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
john68
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-22-2013 at 06:46 AM
CMC Construction

We used Carlos and Marta Coscetti at CMC Construction to build a guesthouse and garage in Los Barriles last year. Great design, quality construction, reasonable prices and very, very nice people. We recommend them highly.

http://www.cmcconstructionmx.com/

U2U if I can answer specific questions or if you'd like to look at our guesthouse.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2013 at 11:31 AM

Some time back we were in Las Barriles trying to get a project started and we ran across a gentleman that had just started doing construction/project management company... He did a lot of footwork etc at the time for us and thought he did a great job...
I do believe he is still in that area... name of David Denault... I do not remember the name of his company and am looking for his email or phone number to send to you...

He is from the Palm Springs area and has a great background in this field..

If you do contact him you can tell him the Gilberts from Colorado recommended him...
We did not continue the project as the costs seemed to be going the wrong way from the trades folks there...
good luck

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
sully242

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 06:30 PM

What kind of cost/sq foot can we expect to pay in LB? I have been told $100-150 USD/sf which seems very high. Any thoughts?
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 07:20 PM

bahia real estate rosa and doug.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sully242
What kind of cost/sq foot can we expect to pay in LB? I have been told $100-150 USD/sf which seems very high. Any thoughts?
It would depend on the quality, features, and level of finish. From my experience here it's better to pay a bit more for a reputable contractor who will do thing right the first time.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2013 at 07:39 AM

There are several good builders in Los Barriles. Also, like everywhere, some who are not so good. My advice would be to come on down and spend several days looking at their respective products, talking to former clients and showing them your lot. Most importantly, find out the builder's over-all reputation.
Narrow your choices and get several bids for your project. Be sure you understand what the bid includes and how the job will be permitted and manifested and how workmen and materialmen will be paid. Then, negotiate the bids. Not all builders are super busy right now, so opportunities exist.

Si estás buscando la person que cambiará su vida, échale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2013 at 08:42 AM

we've a nomad with tons of construction experience in Los Barriles. Sally/Sara, are you out there?

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2013 at 09:32 AM

I don't know how many people that I've met down here who designed their homes on a legal pad then hired some media-cuchara abañil to construct it, only to later discover serious design or structural flaws that required thousands to correct. Just remember, most Mexican contractors want to get the job and will never tell you that something can't be done or that your design is flawed. Unless you are experienced in construction techniques and design, start with a good architect, it will be the best money you spend on the project. Also, don't cheap out on the fixtures or you will end up buying everything twice or more.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
john68
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 06:05 AM

Sally/Sara is retired from the building business. Her daughter, Tehroma Lask, and son-in-law, Javier Cota, now run VOS. They built our first house in LB 13 years ago. Excellent builders.
bledito
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 07:10 PM

I was quoted 100sq finished for a regular type build with plans for 1600sq turn key, and 60-65 sq for you finish, needing doors windows painst roof seal, fixtures, and all the rest.
sully242

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 04:15 PM

Thanks all. I am still a few years out, but planning like mad.
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 05:31 PM

I'm just starting the process now, I will try and keep this post alive.
Have property in Buena Vista right next door to L.B. and have finally decided to go for it, talking to builders now and planning to do all of the finish etc. myself.
Marinero
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2014 at 08:47 PM

It is important to remember that in Mexico, Square footage can be measured differently than you may expect. Be sure you understand how your builder measures it before coming to a $/sq.ft. price.

Si estás buscando la person que cambiará su vida, échale una mirada en el espejo.

Fish logo from www.usafishing.com, used w/permission.

But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have.....
sully242

[*] posted on 6-10-2014 at 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
I don't know how many people that I've met down here who designed their homes on a legal pad then hired some media-cuchara abañil to construct it, only to later discover serious design or structural flaws that required thousands to correct. Unless you are experienced in construction techniques and design, start with a good architect, it will be the best money you spend on the project.

I know someone who did just this, and it sounds like his house is hot as h---. He thinks he should have used foam walls, but I suspect that there is no air flow.
magdalena1

[*] posted on 12-5-2014 at 01:46 PM

Hey majicparrot,

If youre still looking for contractors, give Kelly a call. He builds with ICF- way better insulation than concrete block, plus hurricane-rated! He's building (obra negra) my grandma's place at a very reasonable rate. Cell 612 158-9854. Hez Canadian, so speaks English! Good luck!
akbear
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2014 at 05:16 PM

I had Jorge Ayala design & engineer my house. Great guy & was always in the loop during construction. Photos ever week while I was in Alaska
JA Custom Home
624-141-0155
email-losbarrilesdesigns@gmail.com
Main Street next to La Fayala'a Market

:cool: :D
sully242

[*] posted on 12-11-2014 at 09:59 PM

My post above in April 2014 says "I am still a few years out" - well all that planning lead to building and my home should be done by March. Highly recommend Carmen and Valentin Lucero. They have completed many homes in north LB and live there as well.
Bomberro
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2014 at 07:47 AM

Great advise so far! Have known CMC for many years, Carlos has built a ton of homes, quite a track record. The advise to get a really good Engineer/Architect is important. The foam houses do cost a bit more, can be cooler, have some drawbacks when trying to anchor storm windows etc. Lots depends on what time of year you will be living in the home, large part of the year the temps are very nice, however, when it hot it hard to block it just with foam. Shaded patios, good flow through breezes, and location of the sun can make a big difference in comfort. Talk to the locals and see what works best and if heat is an issue plan for cool areas using A/C splits units. Do good research.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.