BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Change of Ownership of Website(Not happening)
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 08:18 PM
Change of Ownership of Website(Not happening)

On edit, the website and the domain names are not being transferred and are available. See the current post

We are pleased to announce that there are now new owners of our Bahia Asuncion Website

It was always our intent to turn this site over to others, and now it is happening. It is really a good time for it to happen since we will not be there as often and can not keep it updated.

We don't know how soon they will begin to make changes and what all those changes may be, but we are really looking forward to seeing it change and grow.

We didn't know the difference between a domain and a hosting site when we set out to create this web site, and boy have we learned a lot and most of it the hard way. We know there are tech support people who have our names on dart boards and who wanted to disconnect all internet connections when they saw our names appear on the live chat tech support window. It was a challenge and well worth it. Our friends appreciated it, and it did bring some internet exposure to them and their businesses.

We know that the new owners will greatly improve the site and we very much look forward to watching it grow.

[Edited on 12-4-2013 by DianaT]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 09:27 PM

Who is "they?" The reading public deserves to know what inspires and interests the publisher.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 11-24-2013 at 10:42 PM

Dennis, perhaps "they" will be introducing they-selves in a section on the website titled "about us"...... IF they choose to, or perhaps not!

Congrats to the new owners!

[Edited on 11-25-2013 by BajaLuna]

Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2013 at 06:09 AM

I did not see an "About Us" section on the web site. Hopefully the new owners will add it.

Congratulations!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2013 at 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
Dennis, perhaps "they" will be introducing they-selves in a section on the website titled "about us"...... IF they choose to, or perhaps not!

Thanks. Just wouldn't care to spend time on a site published by real estate sales people or any others involved in self-promotion.
We'll see.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2013 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

Thanks. Just wouldn't care to spend time on a site published by real estate sales people or any others involved in self-promotion.
We'll see.

I understand what you are saying as some web sites about communities appear to be something different, but are really about self-promotion, and selling products and land. I doubt that will happen to our ex-website. The only self-promotion we ever did was when we advertised our house for sale. We tried to keep it informative without promoting any business over another business.

Our descriptions were quite dry and did not include superlatives. Every restaurant, store and other business wanted to be listed as wonderful and the best, and that we did not do. Our goal was to not promote one over another.

It is really up to the new owners as to what they are going to do, when they will start making changes, and if they will announce anything. I will say the new owners are well respected and honest people who are NOT real estate promoters.

It may take a while for their changes to happen. After all, it is Baja. :biggrin:

[Edited on 11-25-2013 by DianaT]
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 12:09 AM

I get what you are saying Dennis, the point I was trying to get at is that it is any owner's choosing as to what they want to do with a website they own and also their choice in staying anonymous or not. It's nobody else's responsibility to share who they are unless all parties agree to that. If we as visitors to a website don't agree with the content of any website then don't go to it.

I personally don't need to know who owns a website to enjoy it.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 08:13 AM

Quote:
If we as visitors to a website don't agree with the content of any website then don't go to it.

OK...I won't. Thanks.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 11:00 AM

the good news is that it got passed onto someone since you don't live there anymore .... congrats!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
the good news is that it got passed onto someone since you don't live there anymore .... congrats!

Yes, it is a good thing
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

Yes, it is a good thing

Even better if the Baja world knew who took it over. Why the secret? Why the need for it? This makes me nervous.

Let's get public with this or I'll make it my new hobby to insist on full disclosure.

I really don't give a sheit, but I just don't care for secrecy. It smells of alternative motives.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT

Yes, it is a good thing

Even better if the Baja world knew who took it over. Why the secret? Why the need for it? This makes me nervous.

Let's get public with this or I'll make it my new hobby to insist on full disclosure.

I really don't give a sheit, but I just don't care for secrecy. It smells of alternative motives.

There is a massive conspiracy in the works. :biggrin:

Give them some time to see how it all works. Who knows at this point in time, they may decide they don't want to do it and the site may die. It is a possibility.
fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 08:09 PM

Hey Dennis! Word on the street is that it has been taken over by the LBGTQ gender crowd. That's why all the secrecy.;)

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 08:17 PM

...and they need a bongo player!:P

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck
Hey Dennis! Word on the street is that it has been taken over by the LBGTQ gender crowd. That's why all the secrecy.;)

Jeeeezo....who/what is LBGTQ? Don't tell me the RuPaul drag thing is taking over Asuncion?
Holychitoly....a pride parade right in Shari's front door and out the back?
Video please. :lol:

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
...and they need a bongo player!:P

I'm on it!! :biggrin:

fishbuck
Banned

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 10:33 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by fishbuck

Jeeeezo....who/what is LBGTQ? Don't tell me the RuPaul drag thing is taking over Asuncion?
Holychitoly....a pride parade right in Shari's front door and out the back?
Video please. :lol:

Yep, you got it right Dennis, except it starts and ends at DianaT's house. LBGTQ's have bought it and that is their new headquarters. They got it in a package deal with the website.
They're taking over the whole town!

[Edited on 11-27-2013 by fishbuck]

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." J. A. Shedd.

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it. – Albert Einstein

"Life's a Beach... and then you Fly!" Fishbuck

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-26-2013 at 11:49 PM

Quote:
This makes me nervous.

You're nervous?

Get a grip, man!

It's just a flocking website!
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2013 at 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
This makes me nervous.

You're nervous?

Get a grip, man!

It's just a fricking website!

......-everything- makes him nervous:yes:
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2013 at 10:58 AM

Dennis, do you really know that it IS a secret?

Perhaps the new owners aren't on BN, or perhaps they haven't had time to put their stamp on the website, or perhaps they aren't ready to announce it, or perhaps they are going to take their time with it...SHEESH! So if things aren't divulged right away then there must be some big conspiracy and hidden agenda? You seem to jump right into something always seems fishy.

People have a right when they own a domain to put anything on it they choose to. including real estate and self-promotion. Typically dot org's are a bit different but still.

Not everyone has some woo woo hidden agenda, and not everything is a big conspiracy!

I look forward to the new website in THEIR own time frame, and I hope it keeps it's community vibe, and I wish them well!!!

Yeah, it's JUST a website!

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.