BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Change of Ownership of Website(Not happening)
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaLuna
Dennis, perhaps "they" will be introducing they-selves in a section on the website titled "about us"...... IF they choose to, or perhaps not!

Congrats to the new owners!

[Edited on 11-25-2013 by BajaLuna]

Thanks. Just wouldn't care to spend time on a site published by real estate sales people or any others involved in self-promotion.
We'll see.

Our descriptions were quite dry and did not include superlatives. Every restaurant, store and other business wanted to be listed as wonderful and the best, and that we did not do. Our goal was to not promote one over another.

[Edited on 11-25-2013 by DianaT]

Well that is partially correct....I know of one or two businesses that were intentionally left of the list....:light:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajaboy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Dennis, perhaps "they" will be introducing they-selves in a section on the website titled "about us"...... IF they choose to, or perhaps not!

Thanks. Just wouldn't care to spend time on a site published by real estate sales people or any others involved in self-promotion.
We'll see.

Our descriptions were quite dry and did not include superlatives. Every restaurant, store and other business wanted to be listed as wonderful and the best, and that we did not do. Our goal was to not promote one over another.

Well that is partially correct....I know of one or two businesses that were intentionally left of the list....:light:

This is true -- one complained continuously which we did not need. One was sure we were going to charge them money. One was sure we were connected with someone with whom they did not want to be connected. A couple only opened at night and we were seldom out at night. Some have changed and new ones have popped up and the site was not updated. So, it was never 100% inclusive and because it is out of date, we have put it to sleep for now.

If we find the right person who wants to take it over, we will give it to them.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 08:22 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We'll see.

This is true -- one complained continuously which we did not need. One was sure we were going to charge them money. One was sure we were connected with someone with whom they did not want to be connected. A couple only opened at night and we were seldom out at night. Some have changed and new ones have popped up and the site was not updated. So, it was never 100% inclusive and because it is out of date, we have put it to sleep for now.

I wonder if the high school has a club that would be interested. Maybe a technology club, etc. that could keep the sight up to date with new info, events, local happenings. I know a lot of work went into your site. It would be a shame to see it go dormant.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 08:45 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We'll see.

I wonder if the high school has a club that would be interested. Maybe a technology club, etc. that could keep the sight up to date with new info, events, local happenings. I know a lot of work went into your site. It would be a shame to see it go dormant.

That is something we just might explore. Thanks.

But first I need to go hide my cameras so I can quickly follow those Tecate Cans as I don't want to miss that drum concert. :biggrin:
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-3-2013 at 08:27 PM

As the transfer of the domains and the website did not work out, they are still available if anyone is interested. If not, we do have some other possible plans for both.

As bajaboy suggested, we will explore the high school option, but we are also open to other suggestions as to who might be interested. We are not looking for any compensation and everything is paid for until July, 2014.

U2U suggestions if any.
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2013 at 09:54 AM

Just one last bump --- and it will be the last bump just to see if anyone is interested in the website or domain names. We had really hoped that the transfer would work out, but it was not to be.

We will be back to visit BA and friends, but not enough to keep things current; things change too fast.

Sooo, if there is no interest, the site will continue to be asleep and this thread shall be declared terminal. :yes:
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.