bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 01:44 PM
Boats Seized

From ensenada.net
Article posted November 28, 2013
by Elizabeth Vargas

Although the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP), through the Tax Administration Service (SAT) anunción the provisional seizure of vessels in nine Mexican ports including Ensenada, does not exist in the departments administering the Port information on this operation.

Neither the Port Authority nor the Puerto captaincy were briefed on this operation, if that were foreclosed and type boats were, fishing, cargo, tourism, fishing, children, yachts or for scrap.

This Thursday in a statement the Ministry of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP), through the Tax Administration Service (SAT), said in a press release as part of the inspection activities carried out in foreign trade, during an operation conducted at ports 7 entities to review the legal status and ownership of vessels, held the provisional seizure of 338 ships.

The provisional seizure was the result of different visitation orders to identify the legal origin of 691 thousand vessels, in order to check whether they have the necessary documentation for their tenure and stay in the country.

By not display the requested documentation, we proceeded to the precautionary seizure of the units.

The owners of the ships, have a period of 10 days to offer evidence and prove legal residence in the country, otherwise, will be held the corresponding implementation process within up to 4 months.

The Government of the Republic confirms once again its commitment to monitor compliance with fiscal obligations, customs and foreign trade for the benefit of all Mexicans.

capitolkat
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 05:45 PM

The manager of my marina here in La Paz said the local tax folks were examining paperwork of boats in the marina and if all was not correct the boats were being seized/ Since I have a TIP and Coast Guard registration, and insurance I think I'm good to go. Anybody have anything different?

Life is too short to drink bad wine
Jack Swords
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 06:40 PM

What marina, what boat?
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by capitolkat
The manager of my marina here in La Paz said the local tax folks were examining paperwork of boats in the marina and if all was not correct the boats were being seized/ Since I have a TIP and Coast Guard registration, and insurance I think I'm good to go. Anybody have anything different?

Make sure you have legal status in Mexico, if you are down here.

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 08:32 PM
A LOT of Boats ?

691 THOUSAND ?
freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 08:58 PM

338 boats seized out of 690,000 very small number so far. If they start sezing untitled or uninsured cars, buggies and trucks the number would be higher
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 09:54 PM

Sent to me in a private message:

Quote:

...those boats [that were seized] are not properly licensed for charter... the authorities are catching up with the untold many making money on residential rentals and car rentals too.

[Edited on 11-30-2013 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 11-29-2013 at 10:55 PM

Times are a changing in Mexico! If you want to operate a charter business or a rental business you should do it per Mexican law and pay the taxes just like you would NOB unless you want to risk everything, no more I am taking friends fishing or they are staying in my (rental) aka guest house...Looks like the free ride is over. Seen it going on for many years and it is time to pay up or get out of the business...JMO.:light:
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 06:08 AM

Hmmm, wonder if they will go after all the people operating a "Mexican corporation" under the guise of owning a home without a fideicomiso?

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy

during an operation conducted at ports 7 entities

"Cabo San Lucas y San José del Cabo, en Baja California Sur; Ensenada, en Baja California; La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, en Nayarit; San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas, en Sonora; Acapulco, en Guerrero; Puerto Vallarta, en Jalisco, y Benito Juárez, en Quintana Roo."

http://www.sat.gob.mx/sitio_internet/servicios/noticias_bole...
http://ensenada.net/noticias/nota.php?id=32145

[Edited on 11-30-2013 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
691 THOUSAND ?
I kind of doubt that there are 691000 boats in Mexico. What is the source of the article?

"The future ain't what it used to be"
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 07:51 AM

Turns out it's 1691 vessels. From Baja Nomad's link:

"El embargo precautorio fue resultado de distintas órdenes de visita para identificar la procedencia legal de mil 691 embarcaciones,"

Mil 691 is somewhat different that 691 mil.:?:

"The future ain't what it used to be"
Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 08:19 AM

692....we brought ours :tumble: :spingrin:

sold out and got out !!!
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hook
Hmmm, wonder if they will go after all the people operating a "Mexican corporation" under the guise of owning a home without a fideicomiso?

Here in BoLA, Hacienda came out and checked some "corporations" and now all those people have signs in front of their properties advertising that they are in the real estate business. Hope it is not the beginning of a bad chapter around here.

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:15 AM

....so no worries if you're not chartering??
...or is there some documentation required for bringing personal pleasure craft to Baja?

[Edited on 11-30-2013 by micah202]
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC

Here in BoLA, Hacienda came out and checked some "corporations" and now all those people have signs in front of their properties advertising that they are in the real estate business. Hope it is not the beginning of a bad chapter around here.

And probably paying taxes and filing with Hacienda, regularly.

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:19 AM

Quote:
Quote:

That does not sound good. :no:
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by micah202
....so no worries if you're not chartering??
...or is there some documentation required for bringing personal pleasure craft to Baja?

[Edited on 11-30-2013 by micah202]

Over here, the 10 year TIP is practically mandatory, these days. At least it's reasonable at about 50.00 US for the 10 years.

I really DOUBT they were checking trailerables in this sweep. Bigger fish to fry, and all that.........

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:27 AM

It does not sound good that they are enforcing the regulations or the law???

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Quote:

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2013 at 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
It does not sound good that they are enforcing the regulations or the law???

Quote:
Originally posted by DianaT
Quote:
Quote:

Opps, what I wrote sounds like I don't think they should enforce the laws and that is not what I meant. --- I should have been clearer. It does not sound good for the people who have not followed the law either intentionally or because they received incorrect advice from an attorney, or maybe as we have been told, there are nuances in the law that can be used differently. I am not sure the law is real specific and I imagine there are legal ways to to circumvent the law if indeed it is specific??? For the sake of others, it would be interesting to know exactly what happened with the people in BOLA. And more information about the law from people who do know the specifics of the law.

[Edited on 11-30-2013 by DianaT]
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.