Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  25
Author: Subject: Salsipuedes Canyon by Fatbike
Bob53
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2015 at 05:11 PM

Not the face, just the thought of you getting an idea in your head. lol

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-7-2015 at 05:35 PM

:P

DosMars
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 02:01 PM

Spoke with Mark not too long ago. He's researching another route into the canyon system from the North.
He's definitely hooked on this area of Baja!

[Edited on 5-1-2016 by DosMars]
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 5-1-2016 at 03:17 PM

now that was an epic adventure

I wonder if the bike was really an advantage

Harald Pietschmann
Mark_BC
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2016 at 08:40 AM

Hey guys good to see you are still interested. I meant to finish off the report but never got around to it. I don't know why I said the rest of the trip would be boring in comparison, no way! I'll have to edit that out. DosMars and everyone else came down and we went up to Guadalupe and did a couple days of spearfishing, saw a sperm whale. Also I got a dog! Wow was it 2 years ago, time flies.

I'm still super excited about going back. I have a route in from the north heading from one wash to the next, I figure I'll end up near salsipuedes beach and meet DosMars there after he gets dropped off with a panga, then get picked up again in a few days. Just need to find the time, I'm hoping for Oct nov this year, we'll see how the jobs go.

The bike was definitely necessary. I don't know how you'd lug all that water without it. I just put an order in for a monowalker fatmate for a mountain trip I'm going to do up here in bc this summer where the bush is too thick for a bike but I don't want all the gear on my back. Might work for a desert trip as long as you don't need to bring 40 litres of water with you.

http://monowalker.com/shop/index.php/en/shop/trailer/monowal...
DosMars
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-2-2016 at 09:38 AM

Very cool Kickstarter product there. Looks like something you should have come up with Mark!
Looks like we're heading down a week later in June if that works better for your schedule. We'll be renting a pang for one day. May head south to scout out the coastline a bit...

[Edited on 5-2-2016 by DosMars]
Fatboy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2016 at 08:21 PM

Awesome story!
Awesome pictures!
Awesome Thread!
Mark_BC
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-24-2017 at 11:31 PM

I have some great news, I'm heading back in in! I have a month off over December / January so I'll drive down in my 4runner, and the plan is to park it at Coco's Corner and then head in from the north and make my way out the south end. Lots to do to prepare! The new bike isn't even finished yet, still needs paint!!!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 08:15 AM

Sounds like a most excellent adventure!

I remember your trip story of a few years ago.
Will you post your old trip map and planned trip map?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 01:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mark_BC  
I have some great news, I'm heading back in in! I have a month off over December / January so I'll drive down in my 4runner, and the plan is to park it at Coco's Corner and then head in from the north and make my way out the south end. Lots to do to prepare! The new bike isn't even finished yet, still needs paint!!!

the south end of what?

Harald Pietschmann
Mark_BC
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 05:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  

the south end of what?

The south end of the Asamblea Mountains. Either meet friends in Bahia Guadalupe or make my way out to the BoLA highway.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 05:38 PM

So good to see you back in action, Mark!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-25-2017 at 07:28 PM

Mark good to see you back here! Safe travels!

Mark_BC
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2017 at 08:26 PM

OK we're heading down tomorrow. Here is the map page. Should be fun but I will have to backtrack out the way I go in because I don't have time to do a full circle and it is too windy this time of year to packraft out, I won't bring it to save space. I'm going in from the north. It looks clear except there is one section that might have a Botica-like cliff. Doesn't look too bad though.

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId...

[Edited on 12-27-2017 by Mark_BC]
Mark_BC
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2017 at 09:28 PM

I noticed my Photobucket images don't work. You can download this Chrome workaround. Eventually I'll convert them all to Flickr.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-...
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 12-26-2017 at 09:50 PM

Will you take the time to look for pinturas respuestas or cave paintings or other signs of early inhabitants? A fat bike would work good at Montevideo just the other side of the Bola highway

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2017 at 09:38 AM

I noticed my Photobucket images don't work. You can download this Chrome workaround. Eventually I'll convert them all to Flickr.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-...

Hi Mark, what Photobucket did was stop those with free accounts from posting photos on forums (3rd party hosting). TW, myself, and others simply paid up to the first level that allowed photo sharing here... about $40-50, I recall.

www.postimg.org is a free site and can be easily pre-set for Nomad's 800-pixel max. width, before uploading.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Mark_BC
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2017 at 08:19 PM

Joerover, I'll keep an eye out. My friends mark and josh want to hike up with me for the first day then turn back.

Davidk, I recall photo bucket wanted $400 minimum which is ridiculous. Maybe they came out with a more reasonable option. I can stomach $40 a year until switch them over away from photobucket.

Mark had some engine problems north of the border and had to get them fixed and he's coming down now so we'll head down from San Felipe tomorrow, only lost a couple days out of it. Im in San Felipe now.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-3-2018 at 12:24 PM

Mark, with this app, all your photos from Photobucket are again showing up. See the post today by Jaybo for the link to the app (if you use Chrome or Firefox): http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=88714

Troyeb

[*] posted on 1-3-2018 at 11:52 PM

Hi Mark, me troye from San Felipe/Gonzaga - heard wonderful things about the canyon. I met the ultimate non-pervy guru of the Baja in a sweet man name poncho at the mostincredible spear fishingand shore casting location possible. I caught 11 species there, 70 nmiles remote. You and theother mark should getin touch for details. Nice to have met you.
 Pages:  1  ..  20    22    24  25

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.