Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  25
Author: Subject: Salsipuedes Canyon by Fatbike
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-29-2014 at 09:11 AM

At 6:25pm Mark sent out a Spot signal from just a few feet different than the 11:06am signal (just above)... He probably needed a rest!

Here again is the link to his Spot Map... click Satellite and zoom in to see where he is/was... http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-29-2014 at 09:14 AM

slacker coulda made the sea Friday.....

:lol:

Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 3-29-2014 at 11:52 AM

He made it to the ocean!

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2014 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
He made it to the ocean!

YIPEE! 11:42 am:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-29-2014 at 02:05 PM

That's incredibly great-----------------an entire new chapter is now been written for the Salsipuedes/Asamblea wilderness!!! and I for one am really excited for him, and we'uns, too!!!!

:tumble:

REALLY looking forward to his report, tho his adventure is sure not over yet.

Barry
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 06:56 AM

Now his trip will get interesting. That coastline is rugged, but beautiful. I am surprised he didn't spend any more time in the canyon doing a little exploring. I am sure that if you looked around a little you could find some ancient human habitation places and probably as yet unknown rock art. Will keep an eye on his progress and see what happens.
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
DosMars
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 08:05 AM

I'm sure he's recharging his water reserves and will be heading back up canyon to do more exploring.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2014 at 09:56 AM

The latest spot, #16, suggests that he is look for a coastal route going south.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=...
DosMars
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 03:15 AM

We're meeting up with him on the 19th to give him a ride back. I'm guessing as long as he has food and water he's going to spend part of that time exploring.
The pack raft back is definitely a big part of the trip and there's a reef I spotted on google-earth that I asked him to scout out for me; so he may be getting ready for some sea trials...
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 02:33 PM

The last spot, #15, is from at sea. Spot says "Check OK" so he must be doing fine.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=...

[Edited on 4-1-2014 by Skipjack Joe]
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DosMars
We're meeting up with him on the 19th to give him a ride back. I'm guessing as long as he has food and water he's going to spend part of that time exploring.
The pack raft back is definitely a big part of the trip and there's a reef I spotted on google-earth that I asked him to scout out for me; so he may be getting ready for some sea trials...

The 19th is 2 and a half weeks from now, seems he is trying to beat feet out of there a little early. Maybe he has other commitments I don't know about. Glad he is making progress. I wonder if he is using the raft he has. H looks to be down near "muertito" beach. There was a little seasonal fish camp/shack there on a sandy beach. One of the few places to easily land north of Candeleros.
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 06:29 PM
3-31-14

Points 15 & 16 were both made this afternoon... I would almost guess a motorboat is involved?

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 07:38 PM

if I was a betting man (I am!) I'd bet he is going to explore the asamblea wash for a couple of few days before continuing south.....

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2014 at 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K

Points 15 & 16 were both made this afternoon... I would almost guess a motorboat is involved?

Yeah, he covered 6 miles by water in 3 hours. Rowing a raft at 2 miles an hour in dead water seems incredible, but maybe he rigged up some sails. He was going with the wind.

Oh, to be young again.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
if I was a betting man (I am!) I'd bet he is going to explore the asamblea wash for a couple of few days before continuing south.....

If he does he has a lot of paddling to do to get back up there to do any exploring.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 11:30 AM

I thought it was the wash he stopped at last night. I didn't say I won very often....!

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2014 at 11:41 AM

Points 11 & 12 were on March 29, when he reached the coast. Point #13 & 14 were March 30, just south of the mouth of Asamblea. Points #15 & 16 were both made on March 31, on the water, way south.

DosMars
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2014 at 07:17 PM

Three days on the same beach... I'm thinking he's taking his time distilling and pumping water so he can make his way up that canyon and bike out. If he was going to pack raft any further along this stretch he could just make water as he goes.
JohnMcfrog
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2014 at 08:29 PM

Mark had me stop at 4 stores going down to find some lures, which weren't too big. I believe he bought 3 lures. His regular food should be close to gone by now. He may be trying to get the fishing thing going.

Here is a summary of the track data:

JohnMcfrog
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2014 at 08:33 PM

Also, looks like a sand beach where he is at...
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17    19  ..  25

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.