Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Beach House 71 miles South of San Felipe
area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 09:43 PM
Beach House 71 miles South of San Felipe

Large house with sandy beachfront, in great location on Sea of Cortez where the water is always warmer than the Pacific Ocean. Self-contained house with generator for electricty, 200 gal water tank on roof for sinks, toilet, and shower. Camp has a fresh-water well less than 2 miles away. Fishing, exploring, photography, prospecting, and all ocean sports (kayak, windsurfing, boating, diving, fishing) available by launhing your boat on the camp boatramp or over the beach right in front of the house. There are 5 islands nearby (1 has a seal rookery) and miles of canyons and uninhabited beach to cruise for shells and treasures. Do you have a quad, dunebuggy, 4X4, or motorcycle? 2 large propane-powered refrigerators, propane stove w/oven, propane tankless water heater in bathroom. There are only 23 homes on over 1½ miles of beach. Front room is glassed-in with double pane windows. Storage shed has air compressor, extra generator and water pumps. This place is great for families, groups (big built-in BBQ), ecotouring (birds, dolphins, sea lions). Live in shorts and flip-flops!!! Only 20 minutes on new, paved highway to a gas station, restaurants, grocery store, propane exchange and water purification plant. Price is for the house only which is on a "lot". Lot rent is $700 per year. The geographical coordinates are 30°07'08.53" N 114° 37'40.54"W (copy and paste into google maps or google earth and then zoom in to see an aerial overview). Email for more details or questions. $17000 I have to learn how to post pictures!!!
Elena La Loca
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 09:55 PM

Bufeo Norte?
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 10:03 PM

Photos please.

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Desertbull
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 10:06 PM

Nah, it's right off El Huerfanito island...the front window looks out to the island...

Windsurfers delight! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

DREAM IT! PLAN IT! LIVE IT!
area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 03:16 PM

El Huerfanito it is!! Wish I could attach some photos but the tutorial says attachments up to 50kb and all my photos are 300 or better. If anyone is interested I can send pictures from grrreat@gmail.com
Jaybo
Nomad

Mood: Praying for Baja!

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 04:00 PM
Photo's from Craigslist

Here are the photo's from their Craigslist ad.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 05:35 PM
EL HUERFANITO AREA

Quote:
Originally posted by area51captive
El Huerfanito it is!! Wish I could attach some photos but the tutorial says attachments up to 50kb and all my photos are 300 or better. If anyone is interested I can send pictures from grrreat@gmail.com

There is another way, and not attaching them... but by linking to another web site... Here is how (posted many times):

1) Make an album on Photobucket.com for the subject or group of photos... or just to put photos you want to share on Nomad and other forums.

2) To set the size of the photos (does not reduce the quality) to fit here you click on your name at the top of the Photobucket page.

Click on User Settings.

Click on Albums (top of page). Scroll down and see Upload Options and just below that is 'Customize Upload Options', click on that.

Click 800 x 600 for maps or max. size to fill the Nomad page or click 640 x 480 for large size photos that don't fill the page. Nomad is an 800 pixel wide frame, and if you don't resize to 800 or less, the entire page will stretch off the standard monitor and require sideways scrolling. You only need to do this step once or if you wish to change it.

Click SAVE.

3) Click on the big Upload box at the top center of the Photobucket page and simply select the photos you want from your PC folder.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To show your photos on a Nomad page:

1) Place your mouse on the thumbnail photo in your Photobucket album and select the IMG link of the links box that pops up or is already there, copy that IMG link with your mouse (left click, right click, click copy).

2) On your Nomad post, paste the photo link by right clicking your mouse, and click paste.

Add a caption below the photo if desired and double space between photo links so there is a separation between them.

I suggest not posting too many photo per Nomad post so those with slow upload speeds can also enjoy them... maybe every dozen pictures start a new reply/post?

The Craig's List Photos can be shown easily... Just right click on the photo, copy the URL, use the photo tabs button, paste the URL... Here are some done for you...

Here are (some of) the photos from Craig's List

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 05:50 PM
Pasting Potos

Thank you, David K I sincerely appreciate not just the information but also adding the pictures. I have to work over the next few days but then I'll be experimenting with your advice. When we cross paths in Baja, the Coronas are on me!!
Thanks again
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2013 at 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by area51captive
Thank you, David K I sincerely appreciate not just the information but also adding the pictures. I have to work over the next few days but then I'll be experimenting with your advice. When we cross paths in Baja, the Coronas are on me!!
Thanks again

The pleasure is all mine... Perhaps show me around Area 51 someday!?

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 05:45 PM
Tours

Tours of "the Playpen" as we call it, are available. You must know that it's a 1-way trip!! If you like Baja, you certainly wouldn't like the playpen. The interior of the underground floors (which is all that is used) is all polished cement and linoleum--alien body fluids are very sticky and difficult to clean-up

I really appreciate the opportunity to advertise my beach house on Baja Nomad. Does anyone know of any other places to get the word out? As noted above, I have an ad on craigslist and I had an ad on San Felipe.net plus there are signs at the highway.

Such a wonderful place and so many good times and memories.
treuboff
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 08:00 PM

Nacho Nieblas fish camp
churro
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 09:58 PM

Looks very nice! you say the rent is $700 per year? is that a 10 year lease? I will be down that way at the end of the month.... i will stop by
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2013 at 10:29 PM

There are other Baja forums, but none as 'active' as Baja Nomad.
TalkBaja.com may be next, and many of us post there also.

The next place to post is BloodyDecks.com, a popular fisherman's forum. I don't post there, so I don't know if they have a classified ad forum?

I am not sure about the status of the El Huerfanito 'airport'... I know there was originally two runways, and they date back to the early 1970's or before. If a runway is still open, maybe ask a pilot here on Nomad to post an ad for you on Baja Bush Pilots forum... You have to join them to see or use their forum...

Best of luck on your sale!

area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2013 at 05:51 PM

Thanks to all for the help and interest. The area used to be known as Nacho"s camp but it's divided into 5 separate camps nowadays. Nacho's part is now run ½ by 1 son and ½ by another. The airport fell into disrepair years ago (more than 20) and is no longer desired by the camp owners as there were a couple of mysterious landings during the height of the drug interdiction period by the Mexican Army who eventually dug trenches across the landing strips just like other airstrips in the area. In fact, just across the highway from the camps is still an army post that is used irregularly by the Army to review vehicle traffic. The Army also patrols in groups of 10 by pick-up truck around camp. The nearest landing areas are Puerticitos to the north and Brisas del Mar to the south.

Poster Churro, I'll be in camp about the 7th of Jan. I look forward to meeting you. The $700 is annual and I have never asked for a lease but I bet you could get one. The area was really remote and difficult to get to in the "old days". Nobody was sure they would make it another year so the lot rent was always year-to-year. I guess old habits are hard to change.

David K thanks, again, for the extra help. Why is it I'm discovering so many great people just when my time in Baja is coming to an end? I registered at TalkBaja and I'll try an ad there, too

I have to say that Baja Nomad is a great resource and I've only begun to explore other forums. Thanks to those responsible for its creation and maintenance.
treuboff
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2013 at 06:03 PM

Nacho works for younger bro. Pablo on and off. Who do you do the business with?
area51captive
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-8-2013 at 06:30 PM

I pay rent to Nacho Sr's sister-in-law, Maria. Starting from the north there are five camps with Nacho's being the 2nd run by Nacho Jr and Gori, then our camp, then the owners of the former airport, Josefina and her son Jonny, and finally, Tano's camp. There are youtube videos of Tano's camp. Are you a neighbor? Thanks for the reply.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 12:15 AM

I remember first time at 'Nacho's El Huerfanito' (perhaps before it was Nacho's?)... On our trips to Gonzaga by Jeep Wagoneer, in the 60's... there was a home/ building on a big concrete slab... and several kids... my parents gave candy to. They sold sodas and beer, I guess... perhaps sportfishing was offered? It was right in front of The Little Orphan Island (El Huerfanito).

See 'Campo Huerfanito' on this 1970 Cliff Cross Map:

[Edited on 12-9-2013 by David K]

treuboff
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 01:13 AM

Pablo and Nacho have been our good friends for for about 12 years. We have been going to SF for about 25 years. We have never bought anything but the kids have established themselves and we will probably look for something to base ourselves out of. Retiring end of Dec. 14. Haven't dived the Island yet but Nacho says there are big Conchs to be had.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
---

I am not sure about the status of the El Huerfanito 'airport'... I know there was originally two runways, and they date back to the early 1970's or before. If a runway is still open, maybe ask a pilot here on Nomad to post an ad for you on Baja Bush Pilots forum... You have to join them to see or use their forum...

=======
His cords are for the airport which is where the Punta Bufeo homes & motel are. Yes, someone told me there have been recent landings. They have a constant battle to keep the sand drifts off the N-S runway. Punta Bufeo has some now homes.
El Huerfanito is slightly north for the airport by driving along the beach

[Edited on 12-9-2013 by BajaNomad]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-9-2013 at 09:37 AM
On Google Earth

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
---

=======
His cords are for the airport which is where the Punta Bufeo homes & motel are. Yes, someone told me there have been recent landings. They have a constant battle to keep the sand drifts off the N-S runway. Punta Bufeo has some now homes.
El Huerfanito is slightly north for the airport by driving along the beach

Here is what my GE shows...

The Area from El Huerfanito (GPS waypoint) to Gonzaga Bay:

El Huerfanito Home GPS (at end of one of the abandoned runways):

About 20 miles south of El Huerfanito is Punta Bufeo...

Punta Bufeo camp and runway (parallel to beach):

AAA Map... zoom:

[Edited on 12-10-2013 by David K]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.