Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Disaster Vacation Rentals in Mulege, BCS
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 12-5-2013 at 09:12 AM

bugg has moved on, probably to another web site to throw out a juicy bone and watch the dogs fight over it. I think we've been had, maybe it's time we moved on to other things.:(:(

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2013 at 09:13 AM

So true. Remember the fish processing plant in El Sauzal?

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Baja is the land of "unusual aromas"......I can pretty much pinpoint where I am in Ensenada by the different aromas.

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
udo..."unusual aromas???"....what, exactly, does that mean?
Bajamatic
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2013 at 09:44 AM

Quote:

A long time ago, but I still recall that night vividly. Two naked people running out of the room dragging burning blankets into the swimming pool. (A true experience!)

How it is possible for one Nomad to be continually surrounded by females and naked people?

Every time Pompano posts, I laugh at the old RV thread in which several different females modeled different rooms of his various RV's.

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

yuletide
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-5-2013 at 09:49 AM
El Sauzal

Still there!!!! I take my cat for a ride past those places when she is being nice!!

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
So true. Remember the fish processing plant in El Sauzal?

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
Baja is the land of "unusual aromas"......I can pretty much pinpoint where I am in Ensenada by the different aromas.

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegemichael
udo..."unusual aromas???"....what, exactly, does that mean?

buggableone

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 06:43 PM

We rented from a local *Mulege* rental company. Mulege properties was the name.

Rented a house (Casa Buenos Aires on a hill near Punta Prieta). Also onsite 2 small 1 bedroom apt. My brother was also going to rent one of these. He got his deposit back in pesos with a fabricated conversion rate.
Placed a months deposit and upon arrival paid one months rent for November.

The house was decent. That evening however (was suppose to be cleaned) found copious amounts of spiders and webs and even a tarantula that night.

Next had heard it mentioned from the property management person that owners were coming down but would be staying with him at his home until our rental time was over at the end of December.

On November 19th the owners arrive and move into the upper 1 bedroom apartment across from the house but on the same property. Approximately 4 occupants. Bottom apartment rented by a single man already.

Owners (Ralph and Marianna) started moving outdoor furniture, making frequent trips around the house, asking why we had air conditioner on, Making noises with their vehicles at 6am. Filling the carport with their boat and other items. Constantly using the washer. Also opened a taco stand on the property which required the gate to be open. (We brought dogs). Many visitors. Phone calls that required us to disconnect the telephone in the home.

Kept hearing they were moving and waited. They brought a trailer and set it up on the road. Most likely more family moving in. We told the property management person we were done. During this time the lone renter in the bottom apartment had been complaining regarding the situation.

The good part was we did receive some of our deposit. We paid in US dollars. He reimbursed the deposit in pesos at his made up exchange rate. Charged us the month of November plus 2 days in December as we checked out on the morning of December 1st.
He made us feel that we were at fault but feel happy we left with some money.
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 07:16 PM

whooooooo boy!....sorry....no comment.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
buggableone

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 07:45 PM

Sorry I haven't checked back in for awhile. Didn't think I would get responses so quickly. Anyhow posted my experience earlier today.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 08:22 PM

Uh, you found a spider in a rental house in Baja? I'm sorry your visit was spoiled. Personally I can't imagine living in a space so sterile that no spider would live there. And, if I was looking to rent such a place, my first thought wouldn't be Mexico. Since you complained to us about spider webs, I assume you complained to the person who took the rent. They may have taken from this the same impression that I did. It wasn't positive, and it might have lead to disrespect. Locals who know the property may jump up to correct me.

It sounds like your experience renting a house in a Mexican neighborhood resulted in your living in a Mexican neighborhood. Crowded, noisy, and busy, life goes on spiders and all.

You might consider Bahia Asuncion in the future. There are many rentals which do not have neighbors on the same property, or too close. I think of Shari's little Sunset house, or Udo's place on the bluff. There might even be fewer spiders in the Pacific coastal environment. :lol:

You seem to think you were ripped-off in the peso exchange, what did he give you, and what was the actual rate that day?

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 08:46 PM

I can pretty much guarantee an errant spider web somewhere in our rentals! Those buggers appear overnight and it's hard to find good cleaning ladies..maybe theirs was near sighted! You will also hear barking dogs, maybe some neighbour's loud music now and again, traffic at 6 in the morning when fishermen go to work and heck, we dont even have a gate!

Sorry to hear your rental didnt fulfill your expectations but it doesnt exactly sound disastrous...people from these parts know what disaster is!

Also, the exchange rate changes daily and merchants generally apply the rate they want....I pull out my handy dandy smart phone app that gives me the daily rate but most places take 12 to 1...if you are lucky.

While its tough renting a place you dont know well as there can be circumstances you didnt expect, it's also tough renting to people you dont know...different strokes for different folks. I guess the lesson learned is to find out all you can about a rental, it's surroundings and weather before you commit to long term.

I have had people who rented a month or two want to check out after a few days if it's windy or cold....go figure. It's usually best if they leave as they wont be happy anyway.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 09:00 PM

Sounds like a bit of culture shock and expectations not matching reality.

I fall prey to those factors myself so rather than pointing fingers or criticizing, I'd just ask you to reconsider your expectations and communications. If you wanted isolation and a quiet environment, did you let them know that is was a priority for you?

I come from an unpopulated and quiet place of origin so I'm often startled and put off by hustle and bustle. I usually like to find a quiet corner or place and do my own thing but I try to tell folks that it's just me.

The culture shock is often overcome by how friendly we can all be with each other and strangers. My advice is to look for spots outside or just on the perimeter of towns. But that's just me, once again......

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
buggableone

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 09:19 PM

I expected a few spiders and this was just one house I had rented along the way. The house was advertised as a quiet location and not a Mexican commune.
I didn't want a tourist spot to vacation at. I love the Mexican culture and not the tourist traps.
I didn't have any difficulties with the other rental agencies. Just was really surprised how poorly this management agency handled the situation and the cleanliness of the place. Guess I just wanted to mention that this person was an Arsehole and didn't want anyone else to have the same vacation experience.
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 09:22 PM

whoops next time ask bajanomad people for a opinion. LOOKS like a rip off to me. I'm a nebie only 8 yrs here. If u found us to complain why did u not find this site ask ??? to ask someone

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by roundtuit]

Never learned from a book-Only from mistakes, mine and yours
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 09:22 PM

Well, it took some Google time....but....inquiring minds never rest:

Casa Buenos Aires:

Pics at:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/mulegeproperties/library/CASA%20BUENOS%20AIRES?sort=3&page=1

Mulege Properties at:

https://www.facebook.com/MulegeProperties

Don't believe everything you think....
buggableone

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 10:16 PM

Stupidity on my part. Should never assume that because it is a business with an expat running it that it would ok. Learned a lesson. At least the rest of my vacation rentals were perfect. He is just one bad apple.

Mulege was great and loved it.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged

Casa Buenos Aires:

Pics at:

http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/mulegeproperties/library/CASA%20BUENOS%20AIRES?sort=3&page=1

Mulege Properties at:

It's kind of odd that they would post fotos of such a messy house. The blue tarp carport is a nice touch though.:lol:

"The future ain't what it used to be"
buggableone

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 10:19 PM

Thanks for the comments. Felt better after I left there, feeling better after being in here chatting. :saint:
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by roundtuit
whoops next time ask bajanomad people for a opinion. LOOKS like a rip off to me. I'm a nebie only 8 yrs here. If u found us to complain why did u not find this site ask ??? to ask someone

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by roundtuit]

Yep, I agree about the rip off....live and learn. You seem to have a good attitude.:biggrin:

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 10:38 PM

ok, I HAVE to ask......why were you using the AC in November?
Next time ask here first or stop into one of the gringo bars and ask around.

buggableone

[*] posted on 12-10-2013 at 10:44 PM

Was using the fan part on occasion as the house was stuffy unless you wanted skeeters in the house. Also couldn't use the fan on the stove or it would blow the flame out on the cooktop. Always have a fan on when I sleep.
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 12-11-2013 at 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
Originally posted by motoged

Casa Buenos Aires:

Pics at:

Mulege Properties at:

It's kind of odd that they would post fotos of such a messy house. The blue tarp carport is a nice touch though.:lol:

Ha! This website is unintentionally very funny/scary. Looks great outside, but inside...not so much.

My favorite photo in this collection is the "wonderful kitchen" with the man hiding behind the breakfast bar. Oops! Did the photographer surprise him at a bad time?

And is that a salad spinner on the counter? And dirty clothes in one of the bedrooms? (Obviously they don't offer maid service...)

Wow...in hindsight, there were lots of early warning signs that this place would be full of surprises!

(Edit remarks:Thank you for adding photos goat. They clarified my points)

[Edited on 12-11-2013 by Whale-ista]

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.