Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mexican Immigration Law
viabaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 07:13 AM

Yanked as in, I have your passports in my hands, follow me, stand in line, passports in back room. FMM's required no matter where, Mexicali or San Felipe. We'll see where this goes.
geno51

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 07:49 AM

Can you tell me where do you return the tourist visa when traveling back to the states, I will be using the mexicali east crossing?
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by geno51
Can you tell me where do you return the tourist visa when traveling back to the states, I will be using the mexicali east crossing?

In my experience it's near impossible to return a tourist visa at any border crossing in Baja. From the mainland, it's easy and required.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 11:16 AM

An address has been provided to mail back the unexpired tourist cards, as there is no system to collect them from you in the line out of Mexico... anywhere in Baja.

From Discover Baja Travel Club:

Before your Tourist Visa expires, return it in person to any Mexican Immigration Office OR mail to: INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE MIGRACION
PUENTE PUERTA S/N
COLONIA FEDERAL
TIJUANA, B.C. MEXICO C.P. 22310

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 11:20 AM
Mailing

Wonder if they have a San Diego address???

Also where do the fishermen turn in the (fishing version) FMM when they go out of San Diego???

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
An address has been provided to mail back the unexpired tourist cards, as there is no system to collect them from you in the line out of Mexico... anywhere in Baja.

From Discover Baja Travel Club:

Before your Tourist Visa expires, return it in person to any Mexican Immigration Office OR mail to: INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE MIGRACION
PUENTE PUERTA S/N
COLONIA FEDERAL
TIJUANA, B.C. MEXICO C.P. 22310

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 11:24 AM

A stamp for Mexico mail is a few cents more... call or email Discover Baja and they will know answers for both your questions.

http://discoverbaja.com

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 11:26 AM

Our son turns in his at the immigration office. Easily done
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 11:27 AM

I would think if the Mexican government truly and genuinely cared about collecting FMMs from those exiting the country by foot or by vehicle that they would make a really easy provision for doing so.
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 02:45 PM

It sure depends on where you are crossing back to the
US, as to the ease of turning an fmm in. Some are just
impossible. The TJ/San Ysidro crossing back, I wouldn't
know where to begin. The ped Mex Imm Office coming
into Mex is inaccessable from the TJ side.
The newer crossing into Mex by vehicle at
TJ, I'm not sure you can drive there from the TJ
side. Mexicali is a bit easier. There was a post here a
while back, that Mex Imm uses the fmm's just for statisical
purposes, they obviously do not place importance
on getting fmm's returned from tourists leaving by
vehicle or by foot, International flights are another matter
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2013 at 06:04 PM

Maybe if and when they maintain a believable data base on these, it might behoove many to actually turn the FMM back before crossing the border.

But, please indulge me again on the idea that if Europe, with dozens of nations and dozens of languages can allow unfettered passage, why the heck cannot the three nations of North America? I really do believe that most of the NSA's border patrol division is a make work project.

Any idea how much productive time and how much gasoline is just plain wasted because of the border situation?
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.