BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: One of Chopy's former peeves...
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2003 at 11:20 PM
One of Chopy's former peeves...

....was that Cabo Pulmo Pepe was a crook. Here's the latest reference to scandal in Cabo Pulmo in the Gringo Gazette.

Although the article talks about the living coral in the area, all I saw while snorkelling on my trip there a couple of weeks ago was dead corral. Preservation seems to be little more than an illusion at this point.- Stephanie

http://www.gringogazette.com/southern/august11_2003/page1/
Nancy Drew
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2003 at 01:31 PM

Cabo Pulmo :
old baja discussion found:

http://www.bajanet.com/general_archive43/_general25/0000002d...

Here is the forum on that one:
http://www.bajanet.com/general_archive43/general25_tocf.htm

[Edited on 8-22-2003 by Nancy Drew]
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2003 at 01:11 AM
What's up wichyall ?

Dear Nancy, I have been checking out your posts. You are pointing out some very valid problems that most everyone is aware of. But, why don't you give some solutions to these problems rather then just point out what most people are already aware of ? ?
Stephanie, if you base your knowledge on what is printed in the Gringo Gazzette, well you might as well put a trailer in Cabo. Always 2 sides to every story.
Stephanie Jackter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-23-2003 at 11:36 AM
Feel free to give the other side then, Ski Baja

Everybody says the Gringo Gazette is just a rag and I know that it, as well as other papers, has its biases. But there's plenty of info in that paper that I've shared with others that they wouldn't have known about otherwise, like when the new ferry was coming in, for instance. Everybody and their brother complains about the Gazette, but all the Americans I know in La Paz also read it. That's for damn sure.

I posted the article on Pepe specifically, because the problem has been noted many times on these boards and was talked about regularly by a friend who is now dead and can't post for himself. Also because I was just in Pulmo and saw that the area has become so degraded that it is anything but a protected area, at this point.

So the fact, and it is a fact, that this fellow is taking money under false pretense to enhance the park , is of vital interest to me. If it doesn't interest you or you think that my sources are beneath you, feel free not to click on.

What if I told you I have a trailer in Baja? Well, I don't. But I do speak the language, do know hundreds of Mexicans that live in La Paz and have lived there myself. You don't have to agree with my posts, but do understand that I don't waste my time spouting out stuff I don't think is verifiable.

Feel free to jump in with the facts as you know them instead of personal attacks on me or wait patiently for Amigos to open back up, where those kinds of jabs seem to still be de rigeur. Have a good day. - Stephanie

Anonymous
Unregistered

[*] posted on 8-25-2003 at 12:20 PM

Remember how mad Chopy was when his Toyota was stolen and rolled.

http://www.bajanet.com/general_archive40/_general21/00000464...

http://www.bajanet.com/general_archive40/_general21/0000045

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.