Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: camping in mulege
mega

[*] posted on 11-29-2004 at 03:35 PM
camping in mulege

Greetings,
Myself, my husband, our seven year old daughter and twelve year old black lab (super mellow) would love to escape the good ole USA for the holidays and head south. I've heard great things about the beaches surrounding Mulege, on the Bay of Conception. Does anyone have any good information on a fantastic beach that would be good for a family get-away, away from too many RV'ers and loud partying types? We are experienced campers and I've been to Baja a few times, although further south, around Todos Santos. We are looking for a "home" for the holidays. Thanks for any help!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 11-29-2004 at 04:09 PM

Most of the beaches are pretty busy that time of year . I would suggest if you want a beach all to your self to bring a boat and there are countless beaches you can go to and be alone , even some islands good for camping

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2004 at 06:33 PM

Site availability often depends on what day you get there as the caravans occasionally pull into some of the sites for a night or two.
Try El Requeson if it's not crowded. If the tide is low, you can drive over and camp on the island side of the spit for privacy. (Remember, you can only drive out at low tide also.) There is ok fishing off the far side of the island, pretty good snorkeling, clams, scallops.....
You can usually drive back and forth and find a good pot at one of the other sites within 15 miles if this one is crowded.
If you want an in-town location, try the Orchards for nice showers, security and a walk (2/3 mile) into town.
Remeber to keep your belongings nearby, especially at night and ask another friendly camper to watch your site if you leave for long.
In general, the people in Baja are awsome but don't let a few opportunistic locals ruin your trip. The Conception beaches seem to be a long-time favorite spot for small time bandits.
Have a great trip !
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-29-2004 at 07:07 PM

Try our neighbors...

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~playaframbes/naranjos.htm

You will not be disappointed...

Bring your kayaks:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2004 at 07:22 PM

Bob and Susan,

Great site !
Baja is getting so civilized !
If the advertisers don't pay for the sites, how/why are they chosen for posting ?
Just curious; are they maybe all businesses you recommend ?

Thanks, Diver
rivergirl
Junior Nomad

Mood: Ready for Baja!

[*] posted on 11-29-2004 at 10:52 PM

We are headed down to Bahia Concepcion just before Christmas... COUNTING THE DAYS! We will be camping out with our 9 year old & 1year old boys... This is our 5th trip... How long will you be there? Also with our Lab... The beaches are all VERY beautiful & calm for kids...
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 11-30-2004 at 07:00 AM

Diver

We don't let anyone pay....

If we find a site that benifits Mulege or the local area we assist.

We check out everyone first...

If you know of any good sites or find it send us an email.

There is always something new.

Just got an email to day and our builder is strating next weel on the garage....

Trying to get a couple of days off to travel down in December....January for sure to pay taxes....:spingrin::spingrin:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 11-30-2004 at 11:12 AM
camping in The Bay

Hola Mega,
There are so many great camping beaches in Bahia de Concepcion that to list them all would be impossible. Just drive south of Mulege (you would not want to camp on the beaches at Mulege estuary) about 14 miles and start looking for the next 15 or so until you see the end of the bay. Just a note of caution..there has been a fair amount of theft going on lately with campers being burglared so don't leave yours unattended or unsecure...sometimes safety in numbers. I can remember leaving your camper wide open for days on end without a mishap, but sadly, those days are over. Don't get paranoid about it, just use caution and enjoy. If you want more privacy and seclusion check out the very south end of the bay..good clamming..but can be windy. Also depending on your camping skills and vehicle you could try a trip out on the penisula and over to the mine area. Great getaway, but remote. Santispac, Playa Naranjos, Burros, Coyote, Buenaventura are camping beaches with some services, etc. All great places. Coyote is probably the most scenic but the road in, though short, is bumpy now due to weather erosion. Escondido next to the gringo enclave of Posada is 'hidden' away over a little hill and offers peace and quiet. All have perfect sand beaches. Good luck in your choice.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.