Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Hotel La Villa de San Quintin
BajaLuna
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 1-9-2014 at 12:21 PM
Hotel La Villa de San Quintin

Not sure if I posted about this hotel or not..but here goes.

We stayed here in Nov. and it's a great place to stay. It ranks high on our list when Jardines is full. I love the gardens at Jardine's and so for me, Jardine's is number one on our list. Can it be possible there is not one weed in their garden, and the different species of succulents are awesome, sheesh talk about a pristine garden paradise, I could wander all day in their gardens!

Anyways, Hotel La Villa is located on the frontage road of Hwy 1 on the East side of the street....the hotel sits back off the street a bit so it wasn't noisy, and it has a restaurant in front of it that is on the main street/Hwy 1.

The hotel seems fairly new (or recently remodeled?) and is extremely clean. It has a nice big modern room and bathroom, air conditioning, wifi, HBO, lots of parking, and a parking area for boats and bigger rigs too. They have 2 buildings, one for those without pets and one for those with pets. They do require a $200 usd deposit for pets though. We paid the deposit in cash and got it right back the next morning when we checked out so it was no big deal. Although that seems high for a pet deposit, we didn't have much choice in dog friendly hotels as other hotels in the area were booked. I thought the deposit was too steep but it is what it is! The guy at the front desk was really nice, helpful, and very professional.

The restaurant has good food, we had dinner there, poblano potato soup, and hubs had shrimp, both were excellent and they have awesome desserts too. They have quite a variety of Italian dishes on the menu too.

Our friends stayed there 2 weeks ago and had breakfast at the restaurant and said it was good.

I think our room was 45 bucks...I may have mentioned it was 60 some odd bucks in another thread, but the hub's clarified that it was around 45.00.

They have good reviews on Trip Advisor as well!

All in all a great experience at Hotel La Villa in San Quintin!

mulegejim
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2014 at 01:28 PM

One thing I like is you can make reservations on line and if you want you can give your credit card information and they will hold the room for you if you are late in arriving. They will , of course, bill you if you don't show up at all. I like using the credit card because you never know when something may happen on the road to make you late and as we all are finding out the motels seem to fill up if you don't have a reservation.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-9-2014 at 01:44 PM

I agree. Nice handy overnight motel on the Baja Road. We've stayed there quite a few times. Would recommend it highly. A few of the things I like about it:

- very easy access...directly on the main highway.
- large showers
- free Wi-Fi and cable internet
- tv with enough channels
- room telephones
- pet friendly
- adjoining restaurant (some Italian dishes are good)
- room service from café
- secure parking for larger rigs with trailers
- good prices...about 45-50 dollars.
- guaranteed reservations w/card

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2014 at 05:14 PM

Ditto!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2014 at 05:31 PM

Hola,

great reco's. contact info please.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
mulegejim
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2014 at 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola,

great reco's. contact info please.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

http://www.hotellavilla.biz/sanquintin/
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2014 at 08:25 PM

We have also stayed there a few times and really like it. Agree with everything posted above.
MulegeClavo

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 03:46 PM

We love Villas at San Quintin. We stay there on our way down and back to Mulege. The people are always friendly and the food is very good. We have had breakfast and dinner.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 05:53 PM

I think the obvious note was, when Jardines is full. No question that Villas is a nice place, but we only stop there if, for some reason Jardines is full, or on Mondays when their restaurant is dark.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 06:05 PM

Not to get negative on this thread. However:

We have stayed there also when Jardines is booked, and never had any problems, but on the TALK BAJA FB page it has been reported that the rooms have been robbed when locked by someone with a master key. And also when paying with a credit card, someone somehow managed to charge stuff in town after they left town.

I don't know if that is or were isolated instances.

I can't go back and find the post(s) because FB does not have a search feature like Nomad does.

The place has a very nice restaurant, and have the ability to

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 06:24 PM

UDO....there is a search button on the top right of the page.

There were some accusations of theft...and some overcharges to cards /... and somehow the WIFI would disappear while customers were using their computers over a cup of coffee.

Maybe its gotten better. The absentee owner said he would look into it but never got back to Talk Baja.
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 06:33 PM

I have stayed at the Villa since they opened, about eight years ago. There was a billboard sign advertising free internet. They didn't have WiFi then, but were probably the only hotel with internet at that time.

I always reserve using a credit card to guarantee the reservation and have never had a problem with charges.

Originally you could not get a glass of wine with dinner, so I ate at the restaurant across the highway. (Pretty good) You can now get wine by the glass at the Villa
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 06:43 PM

The owners name is Ray Nelson and his oldest son oversaw the land purchase and building of the hotel. They also own a hotel in TJ of a similar name. Usually either the oldest son or daughter are there. There is another son involved too. I've met Ray and yes he is Mexican. When the subject of the rooms being robbed and credit cards misused came up I emailed Ron and also contacted the hotel and put them in touch with Ron at Talk Baja. I do not know what became of any discussion they had. I hope it was for the better. I like staying at the hotel.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 08:39 PM

I like the hotel also, TMW (and thanks for your input RTS). I was not going to start the thread just because of what was said on talk Baja, but based on your two inputs, at least Nomads can see I did not make this up.
And as has seemed the case with many hotel owners, when it come to thefts and other issues...nothing ever comes of it. And in my case, with another hotel in Guerrero Negro.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

MulegeClavo

[*] posted on 11-29-2015 at 11:54 PM

We have never had a problem at Villas at San Quintin. Last year we even left items in the rack on top of our car that would not fit inside all night and never had them touched.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
When the subject of the rooms being robbed and credit cards misused came up I emailed Ron and also contacted the hotel and put them in touch with Ron at Talk Baja. I do not know what became of any discussion they had. I hope it was for the better. I like staying at the hotel.

I've not had problems at the Villas either. When I read about the above, though, I think it's the tip of the iceberg. As in, where there's smoke, there's fire.

You take your chances no matter where you stay in MX. I think leaving anything on top a vehicle is a 50/50 proposition and something I wouldn't do.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
MulegeClavo

[*] posted on 11-30-2015 at 11:17 AM

Lee, we totally understand and would not normally do that and understand that we took a chance. Just lucky all turned out well. A friend had a theft at Jardines also. So you are correct, it happens everywhere, even in the USA, so we need to be aware.
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 05:51 PM

It brings up a thought. As much as we love Jardines, to my knowledge, they have zero security. Won't stop me from staying there. The difference between Villas and Jardines is the one is right on the main highway, while the other is almost a couple of miles off of it.
bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 07:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajahowodd  
I think the obvious note was, when Jardines is full. No question that Villas is a nice place, but we only stop there if, for some reason Jardines is full, or on Mondays when their restaurant is dark.

I've also stayed at both, and now only stay at Jardines if La Villa is full.
Different strokes.....
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2015 at 08:29 PM

Jardines has always had security guy on site! I think he starts about 8:00 pm. We have never had a problem there. It is a great place.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.