Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Brown Pelicans v.s. White Pelicans
jimgrms
Senior Nomad

Mood: its always good

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 01:19 PM

Yep thats Charlie , i think )) The bait shop dude has taken to selling sticks with rubber fish hanging of the end
and the parents buy them for there kids to play feed the pelicans , which the Pelicans do not appreciate , and they do bite

[Edited on 1-27-2014 by jimgrms]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 01:33 PM

Now that you mention it, Jim...I recall that pelican did take a nip at Co-pilot's hand when she tried to pet him.

Well.....I did warn her that petting a pelican was probably not a good thing to do, but she comes from the Disney-world style of approaching animals.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2014 at 09:03 PM

An unusual shot of a feeding pelican:

docsmom
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2014 at 09:19 PM

I've actually seen them in Tucson. They stop at a very small lake in a neighborhood park, on their way south. What a site! White pelicans, in Tucson. Thought I was going to give up the tequila 'till I did a little research.
treuboff
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-31-2014 at 10:29 PM

Fond a young one blown off course by the monsoon in Skull Valley. Picked him up and took him to the local zoo. He enjoyed the air conditioning in the truck but he only rewarded me with lice that crawled like a army all over my body. They are very flat and cannot be picked off. Kinda like those South American flat bugs that mad Magazine put on their pages that only moved when you closed the book up. Luckily they can only survive on the Brown Pelican. A quick shower and put my clothes in the hot dryer.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.