Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  
Author: Subject: Border Agent Kills Man Who Threw Rock at Him
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 10:43 AM

It's unconscionable that anyone, on either side of the border, would give tacit approval to this vandals actions. I just don't get it.

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 10:50 AM

A person illegally crossing the border is committing a felony. While crossing that border he batters a federal officer with an object which is considered to be a deadly weapon, also a felony.
The federal officer kills the FELON, so what's the problem?

Why do Liberals insist and demand that achievers pay the way for nonachievers who are to lazy to succeed, or are just failures by their own choice?

Criminals prefer unarmed victims, dictators prefer unarmed subjects.

Why do ignorant people continue their blabbering when it only proves to others how stupid they are.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:00 AM

I wonder why he thought throwing rocks would be a good idea? Just an honest question. Does this normally help them escape the BP?
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:06 AM

He was a convicted felon due to drug charges and probably didn't want to go back to prison.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ateo
I wonder why he thought throwing rocks would be a good idea? Just an honest question. Does this normally help them escape the BP?

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
He was a convicted felon due to drug charges and probably didn't want to go back to prison.

Quote:

Possibly--------but did he think throwing rocks would somehow help him to avoid that? (Criminal minds do work in strange ways)

As said before, Darwinism in action!?!?!?

Barry
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
It's unconscionable that anyone, on either side of the border, would give tacit approval to this vandals actions. I just don't get it.

well, we have only heard one side of the story. Past history has shown that LEOs frequently lie... so awaiting the INDEPENDENT investigation results (no, i won't trust results of internal investigation)
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge
A person illegally crossing the border is committing a felony. While crossing that border he batters a federal officer with an object which is considered to be a deadly weapon, also a felony.

the officers story is just a story until proven true. never trust the initial spin from govt,... takes time for truth to float to the top of the BS
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:31 AM

The guy was breaking the law, he assaulted the boarder patrol agent. Actions have consequences, in this case they were fatal. He won't be breaking any more laws.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:31 AM

Quote:

so far, there is no independent proof the guy threw rocks. has an unbiased source verified the rock throwing story?
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
Quote:
Originally posted by Bajajorge

the officers story is just a story until proven true. never trust the initial spin from govt,... takes time for truth to float to the top of the BS

Goat------you seem to be saying that you are more than willing to support and champion the Felon's side of this incident and condemn the officer as a murderer, until proven otherwise-------do I have that right???

Barry
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:52 AM

Quote:

It's a "border game", taunting the BP, and these mow-rons get their heads into their macho "Bullfighter Syndrome," pushing the envelope. You regularly see this behavior at the car races....seeing how close they can get to a maneating trophy truck. Mexicans have this cultural affinity to death which they think is admired by their peers. Sometimes, it goes bad for their image.
It's also used as a diversion. It's common, and many BP do back away out of range. If not, we'd hear these shooting stories every day.
Have you ever seen the vehicles the BP use to drive along the fence? Heavily armored against flying rocks.

We need an "irrigation moat" a half mile wide from the Gulf to the Pacific posted with "No Lifeguards On Duty" signs.

[Edited on 2-21-2014 by DENNIS]

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

the officers story is just a story until proven true.

How very uhhhh...Mexican. Just like their justice system.

aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 12:27 PM

Discussing this incident with a few locals here in TJ last night over beers. The words used were PNCHE CULRO Y P-nche ESTUPIDO. These words were for the rock thrower. The discussion turned to how pollos have more rights with the EEUU immigration. Over the 18 pack it was agreed that there's no reason to throw rocks at the agent as some in the group have been in the scenario running both north and south.

One in particular is from Salvador. He spoke about how bad the Mexican migra is to central and south Americans.

I hope the CBP agent is OK. One less rata to deal with. If that rata was voilent enough to throw rockas at an armed LEO, imagine what he would do to your unarmed family...
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by aguachico
Discussing this incident with a few locals here in TJ last night over beers. The words used were PNCHE CULRO Y P-nche ESTUPIDO. These words were for the rock thrower. The discussion turned to how pollos have more rights with the EEUU immigration. Over the 18 pack it was agreed that there's no reason to throw rocks at the agent as some in the group have been in the scenario running both north and south.

One in particular is from Salvador. He spoke about how bad the Mexican migra is to central and south Americans.

I hope the CBP agent is OK. One less rata to deal with. If that rata was voilent enough to throw rockas at an armed LEO, imagine what he would do to your unarmed family...

"JOHN CARLOS FREY: The most recent report that I’ve read and the report that comes out of those that are investigating in the sheriff’s department in the area say that a Border Patrol agent was in pursuit of a migrant, separated from his partner. He was by himself. The suspected migrant started throwing rocks. There’s even an allegation that he threw a basketball-sized rock towards the agent—I’m not quite sure how you can do that. And the agent opened fire, fired twice, striking the migrant and killing him. And this seems to be a pattern. Obviously, the migrant’s not going to be able to speak up for himself as to what happened. But agents are allowed to use deadly force when being confronted with rock throwing. And that seems to be what happened here.

JUAN GONZÁLEZ: And how is the Border Patrol justifying its rejection of a recommendation of its own inspector general on its policies for shootings of unarmed migrants?

JOHN CARLOS FREY: If you take a look at the recommendations, they’re actually quite sane. PERF, which is the think tank, the Police Executive Research Forum, it’s a group of law enforcement officers, professionals, who recommended to U.S. Border Patrol agents not necessarily to take away any sort of use of force when confronted with rock throwers, but to tamp it down, to de-escalate the situation, to move from the area, to actually physically move from the region where rocks are being thrown, or to take cover or to use nonlethal force. Those were the recommendations by PERF, and Border Patrol decided to deny all of those. They would like to still be able to use deadly force.

They claim in the past 10 years there have been about 6,000 confrontations with rock throwers. But there never has been an agent killed by rock throwers, so the use of deadly force seems a bit excessive, if agents themselves have never been killed by rocks. If you go to any major law enforcement agency in the country, in the United States, killing or shooting rock throwers, using guns to shoot rock throwers, would be forbidden by police agencies across the country. So it’s interesting that Border Patrol claim that it’s a necessity for them."

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/2/20/excessive_force_migran...
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 03:21 PM

Thanks aguachico .. for the input over a few beers with the guys ... sounds spot on .. IMHO

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

thumbup.gif posted on 2-20-2014 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Quote:

It's a "border game", taunting the BP, and these mow-rons get their heads into their macho "Bullfighter Syndrome," pushing the envelope. You regularly see this behavior at the car races....seeing how close they can get to a maneating trophy truck. Mexicans have this cultural affinity to death which they think is admired by their peers. Sometimes, it goes bad for their image.
It's also used as a diversion. It's common, and many BP do back away out of range. If not, we'd hear these shooting stories every day.
Have you ever seen the vehicles the BP uses to drive along the fence? Heavily armored against flying rocks.

We need an "irrigation moat" a half mile wide from the Gulf to the Pacific posted with "No Lifeguards On Duty" signs.

Very good, Dennis! That is a pretty good understanding of their cultural dance with death..."The macho Bullfighter's Syndrome". That does explain a typical Mexican (male's) motivation.

People keep bringing up how stupid it was for the victim (my word) to throw the rock. I doubt whether anyone would refute that. But that is not the issue. The issue is that an armed BP agent shot and killed an unarmed man. To a man, what you think about the incident falls clearly within one polemic or the other. We ARE different. That always amazes me but it is so predictable.

We are a nation of Law. However, just because a law exists doesn't always make it morally right or just. There are a lot of variables within that philosophy; religion, Humanism, compassion, childhood circumstance, etc.

To be a free society we must question authority. legally; not by acts of violence. Remember, Adolph Eichmann's defense said that he "was just following orders". I guess poor ol' Adolf dared not to question anyone with his first name.

When a preventable act of violence is committed by LE and then condoned by his peers, then the law he stands behind needs to be questioned, taken to court and challenged. A rogue cop is NOT the ultimate authority.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
The issue is that an armed BP agent shot and killed an unarmed man.

Tony....he wasn't unarmed. His weapon was only, briefly empty. Had he fired a pistol at the agent...shot until the clip was empty.......would he at that moment be unarmed?
Certainly not.
The guy was standing on his arsenal....rocks/ammo everywhere. Do you think that was the first rock he ever threw at the BP? Most likely not, but I, for one, am glad it will be his last.

[Edited on 2-20-2014 by DENNIS]

toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 04:05 PM

Quote:
Quote:
The issue is that an armed BP agent shot and killed an unarmed man.

Tony....he wasn't unarmed. His weapon was only empty. Had he fired a pistol at the agent...shot until the clip was empty.......would he at that moment be unarmed?
Certainly not.
The guy was standing on his arsenal....rocks/ammo everywhere. Do you think that was the first rock he ever threw at the BP? Most likely not, but I, for one, am glad it will be his last.

OH! I hadn't read that he had fired a pistol at the agent. Was that revealed anywhere in this string?

Then, if true, it would appear the BP agent's action was justified. What's fair is fair. I am a fair man.

But what I said applies to the other 20 or so incidences within recent years of lethal BP killing of Mojados.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 04:25 PM

Quote:

OH! I hadn't read that he had fired a pistol at the agent. Was that revealed anywhere in this string?

" Had he fired a pistol at the agent...shot until the clip was empty....."

It was a question.

Quote:

But what I said applies to the other 20 or so incidences within recent years of lethal BP killing of Mojados.

"Mojados/wets" aren't combative, Tony. They don't look for trouble. They know the game and go peacefully when apprehended. They aren't being gunned down by the BP.
Gang bangers, cartel employees and other marginalized scum are in it to break the law.

aguachico
Senior Nomad

Mood: logic cannot get thru to the illogical

[*] posted on 2-20-2014 at 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Thanks aguachico .. for the input over a few beers with the guys ... sounds spot on .. IMHO

You are quite welcome. As there is no better opinion then from those who have experienced it - as I'm sure this board doesn't contain many if any pollos o polloleros.
 Pages:  1  2    4  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.