Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: New Sentri directions?
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 09:23 AM
New Sentri directions?

Read that approach to Sentri changed yesterday. We used to take that middle lane on Second, pass the medical lane kiosk, go down, uturn, then enter Sentri on the left (at the no left turn sign). Now I read it is only accessible via Padre Kino. Can anyone please give step by step directions? W/photos would be great! Thanks!
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 09:27 AM

[img]http://bajadock.wordpress.com/2014/03/02/san-ysidro-sentri-change/[/img]

http://www.el-mexicano.com.mx/informacion/noticias/1/3/estatal/2014/03/01/734947/bulevard-padre-kino-unico-acceso-a-la-linea-sentri

[Edited on 3-5-2014 by bajadock]

dpwahoo
Junior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty, and ready to fish!

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 09:30 AM
Sentri

Quote:
Originally posted by SDRonni
Read that approach to Sentri changed yesterday. We used to take that middle lane on Second, pass the medical lane kiosk, go down, uturn, then enter Sentri on the left (at the no left turn sign). Now I read it is only accessible via Padre Kino. Can anyone please give step by step directions? W/photos would be great! Thanks!
just went thursday, it was the same. Hope it didnt change, took a year to figure out the other one!:?:
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 09:33 AM

I went last weekend, it was the same as it ever was. Did it really change or not? Where did the above photo come from?
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 09:38 AM

Thank you, Bajadoc! do you know if this is a temporary change?
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 09:41 AM

I just read the El Mexicano article this morning. Article was posted Saturday, 1 March @ 1:17PM.

"Temporary" or "permanent" in Baja is a state of mind. The border pathways seem to change on a whim.

[Edited on 3-2-2014 by bajadock]

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 10:59 AM

Yep, per that article, the old Colonial Federal way to Sentri is dead. Follow the directions Bajadock posted.
SDRonni
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 12:41 PM

I also read that there some confusion between Sentri and Ready lanes. if any of you use the new Sentri directions, would appreciate a report.....Thanks!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 03:29 PM

Here's a good link for directions:

http://www.bajaexplorers.com/index.php/guidebook/tijuana?id=...
JAG
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 03:50 PM

As of this morning the new Padre Kino entrance was in effect when I crossed at 10:00 AM. Easy to find once on Padre Kino. The old way around the Hospital and the no Uturn sign is really out of the way if coming from the West.
Use the above map and you are In Like Flinn.
apple
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2014 at 05:16 PM

Are the Ready Lanes obvious? I'll be crossing through Tijuana next week for the first time. I'm not even sure which crossing is better (we're coming from Rosarito)

BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2014 at 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JAG
As of this morning the new Padre Kino entrance was in effect when I crossed at 10:00 AM. Easy to find once on Padre Kino. The old way around the Hospital and the no Uturn sign is really out of the way if coming from the West.
Use the above map and you are In Like Flinn.

Great! Thanks for the report.

I wonder... How many people this morning during their Monday morning commute were thrown off.

Also, why on earth is this not documented on the SENTRI website?
dasubergeek
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2014 at 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by apple
Are the Ready Lanes obvious? I'll be crossing through Tijuana next week for the first time. I'm not even sure which crossing is better (we're coming from Rosarito)

Yes. Just go up the Vía Rápida toward the border and stay to the left.

Otay Mesa is usually a shorter wait but it does take longer to get there from Rosarito so factor that in. If you are using the regular lanes then Otayi s the better choice.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 3-3-2014 at 08:32 AM

Because it is Mexico. The booth location is in the US and did not change. Mexico can and does change the approaches on a whim and usually doesn't notify anybody

Quote:
Originally posted by BooJumMan

Also, why on earth is this not documented on the SENTRI website?

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-3-2014 at 08:49 AM

For future reference maybe you should add the SENTRI crossing name so we can find this info in the future

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”
- Albert Einstein

Follow Cortez Blue
www.cortezblue.com

We put the FUNK in disFUNKtion
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2014 at 10:09 AM

“¡A la derecha en la caja de la pizza!”

lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2014 at 07:43 PM

Just went up this morning and got to the border at 10:00 and didn't cross until 11:25 ------------ F.U.B.A.R. -------------

Because the Ready Lane and the Sentri Lanes are now ONE until you get within 15 cars from the booth and those without Sentri are trying to get into the proper left lanes where the Ready Lane booths are it's just a mess. The two cars in front of me went through the Sentri Lane and were sent to secondary. I asked the guard if he sent those cars to secondary because they were in the wrong lane and he said yes. He also said they will wait there for at least 1 1/2 hours… I will not cross there until they fix it. I have a better plan!

When I returned to Ensenada all traffic was diverted to the center city on 10th street because of the Mardi Gras parade. The traffic was a mess, AGAIN… Bad day to travel. FAT TUESDAY? TERRIBLE TUESDAY!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2014 at 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lizard lips
Just went up this morning and got to the border at 10:00 and didn't cross until 11:25 ------------ F.U.B.A.R. -------------

Because the Ready Lane and the Sentri Lanes are now ONE until you get within 15 cars from the booth and those without Sentri are trying to get into the proper left lanes where the Ready Lane booths are it's just a mess. The two cars in front of me went through the Sentri Lane and were sent to secondary. I asked the guard if he sent those cars to secondary because they were in the wrong lane and he said yes. He also said they will wait there for at least 1 1/2 hours… I will not cross there until they fix it. I have a better plan!

When I returned to Ensenada all traffic was diverted to the center city on 10th street because of the Mardi Gras parade. The traffic was a mess, AGAIN… Bad day to travel. FAT TUESDAY? TERRIBLE TUESDAY!

Dang!

Sounds like Otay will be my preferred crossing.
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2014 at 09:25 PM

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't let it out Ateo…..
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2014 at 09:58 PM

LL,
Clarification, please. I have conflicting reports.
From Padre Kino, do you go up and over the bridge....or do you hang a right before the bridge into the "AUTOBUS" lane???

And maybe it changes on a whim. I encourage everyone to use Mexicali until this is straightened out. :bounce::spingrin:

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.