BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Other than living in Baja, why are you a BajaNomad?
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 07:28 AM
Other than living in Baja, why are you a BajaNomad?

I like this board because of the individuality of the members and the pioneer spirit many seem to have and a sense of independence. I also feel the need for up to date medical information to be shared to all because of the lack of consistency of medical plans between Mexico and the US.
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 07:58 AM

There are affinity groups everywhere there are people. Only natural that socially mature (and others) people want to meet and discuss things with those who have such strong common interests as where they live and or work or play especially if that common thing has the charm and challenge Baja holds.
MrAdamas

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 09:14 AM

Do you have to live there to be a member on this board?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 09:15 AM

Baja is a magic place I have felt a connection to for most of my life. When I can't be in Baja, then Baja Nomad is the next best thing to read about and see photos of Baja. The host of this site (Doug, BajaNomad) is a friend and I have met many new friends because of Baja Nomad. It's my nature to share with others on what I know or have experienced, and the forum is a great avenue of idea/ information exchange.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrAdamas

I am more alive in Baja... and that is living! I think EnsenadaDr didn't realize most Nomads do not live most of the time in Baja and that helps Nomad be so popular. It helps us be there when we are not there!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 09:20 AM

DK,
Well said....so ditto for me...although I have met only a half-dozen Nomads personally....most are folks I would like to spend more time with when down in Baja.

I only get to travel south every second year or so...sometimes yearly....so this forum keeps me apprised of places, developments, road conditions, places to eat and stay at,...... and the gossip wars.....:lol:

As David said....it is a way of keeping "in touch" when not able to be there. :saint: :cool:

Don't believe everything you think....
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 09:29 AM

I feel Bajanomad is an interactive media used worldwide, by members worldwide.
Many members are just lurkers with a dream to someday travel to the Baja peninsula.
Those members, and sometimes visitors, who eventually wish to travel to Baja, need someone's input based from the many board members who have traveled the peninsula for many years. Those travelers can really use such advice.
Unlike Facebook, and other interactive social media, we, the members, are here to try to answer the questions of those future travelers. And, at least in my case, I like to help anyone I can in promoting Baja.
In my travels throughout the peninsula, I have met many Bajanomads as my travels take me nearby their residence, and that alone has been an incalculable pleasure!

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 09:53 AM

Quote:

If you don't, you have to send me twenty dollars each month. We call it "fantasy rental." :lol:

Jes kiddin'. Everybody is welcome here. :saint:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
When I can't be in Baja, then Baja Nomad is the next best thing to read about and see photos of Baja.

+1 for me. I'm a Nomad-wannabe who is in his final years of paying his dues to The Man. My post-Rat Race crash pad will be in Baja, but currently I don't get there as often as I would like. This forum helps me to maintain the vibe without the inevitable tequila hangover.
villafontana
Nomad

Mood: Urgency to travel all the time in Baja!

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:

If you don't, you have to send me twenty dollars each month. We call it "fantasy rental." :lol:

Hey Dennis, and what i can get for ten dollars a month?? Lol
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 10:07 AM

Don't live in Baja, doubt if I'll ever return. It's a unique place. There are some interesting folks on the forum. It's nice to keep in contact and see how things are shaking-out down there, especially the fishing which seems to be on the upswing. :D
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 10:30 AM

65 years or so visiting and camping in Baja, and still interested in what is happening down there. Never have lived there, however, and the main attraction for me has always been the wildness of it all, and the exploring and fishing.

Barry
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 10:35 AM

Dennis does your monkey at your house have any connection with Anthony's in Ensenada?
Quote:
Quote:

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Osprey
There are affinity groups everywhere there are people. Only natural that socially mature (and others) people want to meet and discuss things with those who have such strong common interests as where they live and or work or play especially if that common thing has the charm and challenge Baja holds.

Well put George, as usual. As you observe, social maturity is not a prerequisite for participation here. As one of the "others," I appreciate that fact.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 10:50 AM

We fell in love with Baja, its people and the people who love Baja as we do. We find this board extremely helpful and its members for the most part, very generous and down to earth. We do get a little tired of those posts like the turtle one that degrade and are tiresome......they are the ones we choose not to follow.

This all being said.....thanks nomads for the advise, friendship and entertainment.

[Edited on 3-11-2014 by 24baja]
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by villafontana

Speaking of fantasies in your neck of the woods, a stroll down memory lane through the Blue Fox and the Long Bar.
Jeeezo...them's was the days!!! :saint:

"YOU CAN'T LITTER ALUMINUM"
villafontana
Nomad

Mood: Urgency to travel all the time in Baja!

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 11:07 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Speaking of fantasies in your neck of the woods, a stroll down memory lane through the Blue Fox and the Long Bar.

Great! Where do i send the money order? Hahaha. Love to swap baja stories!!
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 11:49 AM

I live 60 mi. no. of San Diego, 1st trip was surfing San
Miguel, Ensenada, early '70's. Baja has always been a
second home of sorts, it's an esacpe now, in some ways
a step back in time. I feel more comfortable walking the
streets of Baja towns, well maybe not TJ, than in a
mall in Orange County. You ask some interesting
questions Ensenada Dr. DK, what was the name
of the Baja board before BN, run by a guy from
Huntington Beach I believe

[Edited on 3-11-2014 by sancho]
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 12:13 PM

I espeak tantito Ingles in a month.

It's good practice for me. At home sometimes I'll go longer than a year sin Ingles.

But it is embarrassing to learn that spelling English and Speaking English involves different parts of the brain. I lapse into Spanish or make syntax errors that are frustrating. One year I went three months without benefit of the internet and utterly forget the definition of embudo. Or espejo.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-11-2014 at 12:24 PM

Quote:
Quote:

The Long Bar and Blue Fox. Wow. Killed some brain cells and learned some of the secrets of life at those two places. I'm not sure I appreciated Baja then though. :cool:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.