BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mag Bay San Carlos Now with Owner Financing!
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2014 at 06:30 PM

Hope you take care of what ever ails you. Anyone considering a home in Baja, especially in an area that only offers emergency health care, should reflect a little on just what you are going through. You are more fortunate than some, in that you seemed to have had some time to enjoy your dream.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-16-2014 at 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by blueski
The fishing village of Puerto San Carlos is on an island. The Goetz compound is set on the same island, but is built on a hill overlooking the small fishing town. Absolutely no neighbors, the perfect place to relax.

http://goo.gl/maps/s9z0R

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
blueski

[*] posted on 3-16-2014 at 09:45 PM
Thank You for posting the Google Map!

Really appreciate you taking the time to locate the Goetz compound on Google maps. Really gives everyone "the bird's eye view". Jes Goetz Bayview Idaho
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-16-2014 at 10:52 PM

Great location and a sportsman paradise...

Ed Tabor of the Flying Sportsman Lodge in Loreto added his 'Magdalena Village' resort to the fishing paradise locations he had (just south of Puerto San Carlos on the same 'island')... and if it wasn't for the government stripping him of his flying permit (so the government owned airline, Aero Mexico, had less competition), the two resorts may have lasting many years longer than they did.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

blueski

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 06:52 PM
Puerto San Carlos...the story continues

Puerto San Carlosis a deep sea port allowing large ships to dock there. Beside ships huge charters, some with helicopters, most of them from the US, take on fuel and supplies. You have to see to believe the size of some of these fishing charters. Some of the charter boats bring their own mother ship to supply them and anchor in Magdelena Bay. I meant it when I said world class fishing. The charters only come here because of the fantastic fishing. Besides the absolute world class fishing, there's spear fishing,diving, snorkeling, clamming, oysters, lobsters, shrimp,huge marlin, sailfish, dorado, yellow tail, yellow fin tuna, grouper, trigger fish, etc. The very best fresh food, vegetables, fruit, seafood, shellfish is available throughout the year. September through December is best for dorado with 80 degree plus water. Oct, Nov. best for Marlin and Sailfish. In winters past I caught a 200 pounder about 12 ft long which we let go. Jan caught a 90-100 pound one about 8-9 feet long. We have pictures of Jan's posted on the Craigslist ad. When I tied into the big marlin Jan got so excited I thought she would fall out of the boat. "Look Look it jumps out of the water just like on TV" Quote from Jan. January and February besides fishing there is wale watching. Pet or kiss a baby whale 1500 - 2000 lbs. Huge gray wales come from Alaska to give birth in Magdalena bay and mate before leaving on there long trip back home to Alaska. Beach combing is great on the Pacific Ocean. You can find many different shapes and sizes of sand dollars by the truck loads on the ocean beach. You can load a 4 wheeler and explore and collect shells on the Magdalena Island and enjoy beautiful and different sun sets every night. A chain of 2 islands...Magdalena and Margarita protect Mag bay from the Pacific Ocean and provide excellent fishing on calmer waters. You can take dune buggies and explore fishing villages and collect shell. There is also a dune buggy race course laid out a few miles out in the desert. so if you want to get your heart pumping join in. Last but not least, you could spend hours or days or weeks even, fishing in the more than 100 miles of mangroves. Calm water, perfect for diving and swimming. You could use the Striper boat included with our sale and spend days in the mangroves. You can sleep in the Striper, it has a stove and sink. The Goetz is "turn-key" ready. Bring your toothbrush and move in. Actually there are 2 homes counting the 40 ft park model trailer with 2 slide outs nearly the length of the unit. It is permanently setup and chained down. It has everything ..microwave, A/C fireplace, kitchen etc. The park model trailer sleeps 4. 2 more sites are ready for motor homes or trailers campers or 5th wheelers with full hookups. 6 more rv sites could be easily developed here. There are local doctors for minor things and local shopping groceries etc. Major shopping for everything is at Ciudada Constitucion about 40 miles from here. Loreto and La paz also have major medical and dental services. La Paz is 160 miles and Cabo 250 miles away. Lowes Home Depot Wal Mart etc are in La Paz and Cabo. I carry emergency air evacuation insurance , very cheap to air lift us to the States if necessary for about $400 per year. the will air lift you out in a matter of hours. Excellent communications at San Carlos with landlines, and cell phones, plus internet and fax services. More info with next installment tomorrow! Thanks for looking!
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 3-17-2014 at 08:46 PM

Wow that sounds like an amazing place !! Best of luck to you !!
blueski

[*] posted on 3-18-2014 at 07:26 PM
Goetz Mag Bay Compound Part 3

The house is a little over 1700 sq ft with 850 down and 850 upstairs with 3 nice bedrooms plus two and one half baths. City water and electricity. You can see the water from every upstairs window. I rebuilt the exterior and the interior of the home. Everything inside and outside is brand new and that includes the roof. In 2012 I added 3 layers of white roofing emulsion to reflect the suns rays. I redesigned the roof system to look like an original Mexican hacienda. The property has a 6 ft plastic coated chain link fence with 3 rows of barb wire on top completely surround the compound. Excellent exterior security lights, the newest type. Side note: On both homes all exterior wood is treated with capoty, to prevent insect deterioration. The site was originally fenced with barb wire and wood post. I had to bury all the rusty barb wire. I moved thousands of yards of sand to prepare for buildings. Cactus, brush, weeds piled high before construction. I had 34 truck loads of sea shells to compact sand in the driveway and parking areas. The original house was built in the 90's by an American. I own the property at Puerto San Carlos free and clear. The property is held in a Mexican HSBC bank trust account fideicomiso. The trust is like and American corporation and is used by foreigners to own real property in Mexico. The trust can be transferred to another owner or owners easily. Over 3 and a half inches of paperwork and 2 years time was needed to the the fideicomiso. You only want to go through it once. Tranferring it to the new owners should be painless. Tomorrow I will list the complete inventory of items that are include in the sale. Thanks for looking! Jes Goetz Bayview Idaho jjgoetz@gmail.com 208-683-3757
baja2013

[*] posted on 3-18-2014 at 08:19 PM
home

Nice place , any hint of a price?:?:
blueski

[*] posted on 3-18-2014 at 09:29 PM

Over $300k invested.....looking for a reasonable offer. Heck of an opportunity for someone. Health forces the sale.
blueski

[*] posted on 3-19-2014 at 09:23 PM
Mag Bay San Carlos Island Compound for Sale

MAN TOYS AT THE JES GOETZ COMPOUND 1. Americanized panga with 115 hp with very low hours, plus a low houred 4 stroke 9.9 hp electric start Honda kicker, porta potty 60 gallon fuel tank. high buck new GPS/fish finder with a great trailer with new tires. 2. 24 ft Seaswirl Striper with cuddy cabin walk around 225 hp 302 Ford 4 barrel I/O rebuilt new bearings etc. Heavy duty Cobra outdrive new, never in water. New headers, water jackets, less than 200 hrs on boat. gps fishfinder porta potty, sleep in cabin, stove, sink galvanized tandem trailer. 3. 15 foot Jet boat with 85 hp Mercury for mangrove fishing...with trailer. 4. VW 1850 powered custom sand rail 4 seater type 2 rail. 5. Pontiac Grand Am powered two place sand rail VW bus transmission type 2 rail. 6. Porshe powered 2 place rail VW bus transmission type 1 rail. 7. Polaris 500 4 wheeler equiped with sand tires. 8. Polaris 250 4 wheeler 4X4 9. 40 ft 2009 Park model trailer with 2 slide outs. 10. Heavy duty rail trailer or car transporter 11. 2 Sea doo jet skis and trailers. 12. small trailer fo the 4 wheelers. 13. 50X52 clear span shop fully equiped. Hand tools, air compressor, hoses, battery chargers, welder, work benches, sawsall, battery operated drills, bearing pullers, cutting torches, and tanks, everything to fix cars, boats etc. including hoist. The shop is equiped with electricity, water, phone, and has a high upper balcony for storage. Tires, water toys, 4 bicycles, extra props, etc. I also have lots of plywood , steel etc. THANKS FOR LOOKING! Jes Goetz Bayview Idaho 208-683-3757 jjgoetz@gmail.com
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 3-19-2014 at 10:55 PM

Jes, man, you're killing me!

So sorry you are in this position, I hope that you find a buyer that will invite you to come check on the toy collection from time to time.
Very impressive.

I hope your medical issues are able to be resolved in a positive manner..
blueski

[*] posted on 3-23-2014 at 10:20 AM

Very appreciative of all of the good wishes from the folks on bajanomad forum.
blueski

[*] posted on 4-10-2014 at 04:14 PM
Now with Owner financing!!!

I have decided that I will provide owner financing for my San Carlos compound to the right party. Time for me to pass this gem on to the next owners. Jes Goetz in Bayview Idaho Call me to discuss 208-683-3757. jjgoetz@gmail.com
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2014 at 07:15 PM

Man what a place!
My best wishes on your health and sale.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.